****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure they are done giving out any more interviews at this point
Lol I didn't even get the courtesy of having my application go "under review". They must have immediately disregarded it. Oh well.
Congrats to everyone who heard good news! :happy:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
They are done giving out interviews. Maybe you could contact them towards May to see what you can improve on for the next cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

There will be no next cycle I am already in, just would have liked to checked out their spot is all

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else interview on 2/18? when do we hear back about decisions? and now after ready this thread I assume most of us will be waitlisted or denied? my hopes and dreams are crushed ugh :nailbiting: will they not be giving out any more acceptances?

So I was wait listed last week, this morning I received an email accepting me into the program for next year. Essentially, deferring. I'll be turning it down.

when was your interview?

did anyone else interview on 2/18? when do we hear back about decisions? and now after ready this thread I assume most of us will be waitlisted or denied? my hopes and dreams are crushed ugh :nailbiting: will they not be giving out any more acceptances?
I interviewed on 2/23. I think we should be hearing back by tomorrow or Monday, latest. Don't lose hope just yet!

is anyone else freaking out. gosh I'm such a newbie at this :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
Did they say we will most probably hear back today? Or could we possibly have to wait until Monday?
I think their intention is to notify us by today but it could very well be next Monday. They said at this point they've nearly reached the capacity of their class so the "vast majority of interviews" will be conducted for waitlist positions. I do, however, hear that their waitlist tends to get some movement between now and a week before classes start. Tough to hear, but nothing to do but hope for the best!

I think their intention is to notify us by today but it could very well be next Monday. They said at this point they've nearly reached the capacity of their class so the "vast majority of interviews" will be conducted for waitlist positions. I do, however, hear that their waitlist tends to get some movement between now and a week before classes start. Tough to hear, but nothing to do but hope for the best!

Ahhh I see, thanks! Yea that's all we can do. The wait is killen me haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if you're wait listed chances to get in are slim to none?

what are our chances of getting off the wait list? does it help to send them updated resumes

what are our chances of getting off the wait list? does it help to send them updated resumes

Unless you have a deferred acceptance your chances are slim to none. Deferred has higher priority than the wait list.

Unless you have a deferred acceptance your chances are slim to none. Deferred has higher priority than the wait list.
I thought Tufts interview roughly 400 students and accepts 200+ of them and the rest are all roughly on the waitlist on rejection pile. Would it really be nearly impossible to get acceptances if waitlisted?

I thought Tufts interview roughly 400 students and accepts 200+ of them and the rest are all roughly on the waitlist on rejection pile. Would it really be nearly impossible to get acceptances if waitlisted?
I really don't think it's that impossible. It truly depends on people lifting their deposits. No one can say for sure. Only time will tell.

There could be movement in March and April. Just hang in there.

I got the deferred acceptance offer this morning too! I'm so happy guys!!! I can't believe it!!!

did you pay your deferred acceptance deposit yet? I'm dreading the $1500 payment lol

edit: just paid the fee :confused:

Last edited:
did you pay your deferred acceptance deposit yet? I'm dreading the $1500 payment lol

edit: just paid the fee :confused:
Did you get deferred right away or was it after you got wait listed? also did you send any updates to them in btween

Not everyone is going to take the deferral offer. So maybe they'll send more of those out when the deadline passes.

Not everyone is going to take the deferral offer. So maybe they'll send more of those out when the deadline passes.

do you know when that deadline is?

Anyone know how many people are on the interview days? Mine is set for tomorrow and just trying to get more of a feel for what to expect. I've had some range from 5 - 30 people.

On my interview day ( mid January) there was about 12 people

Last edited:
Anyone know how many people are on the interview days? Mine is set for tomorrow and just trying to get more of a feel for what to expect. I've had some range from 5 - 30 people.

12-15 people. is this a new batch of interviews they are conducting? congrats

12-15 people. is this a new batch of interviews they are conducting? congrats

Mostly for wait list spots. They sent an email last week saying the class was pretty much at capacity.

Hey guys, don't lose hope! I'm at tufts now and didn't get in till mid June!

Reactions: 7 users
It's been really quiet the past few days... Did anyone hear anything about the waitlist movement? I'm dying over here

Reactions: 3 users
It's been really quiet the past few days... Did anyone hear anything about the waitlist movement? I'm dying over here

AGREED. crickets are chirping over here...

Yeah, wasn't there a deadline yesterday for deposits?

Yeah, wasn't there a deadline yesterday for deposits?

Yup, along with all of the paperwork. Hopefully, that means some kind of movement/good news for all of us soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.