****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, along with all of the paperwork. Hopefully, that means some kind of movement/good news for all of us soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I really hope so!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
In praying that we ALL get in or at least deferred. We all deserve it-we worked hard!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the second deposit due date for people already accepted as D20?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the second deposit due date for people already accepted as D20?

It's April 15th! Same as the deferred acceptances

Reactions: 2 users
To the ladies that had interviews on March 8, it was a pleasure meeting you all. I hope you guys fell in love with Tufts as much as I did and that we all get accepted to our Top choices. Good luck to your future endeavors! :)

Reactions: 1 user
those of you that interviewed feb 29th and after, are you supposed to hear back today?

Could someone please explain to me what the difference between waitlist and deferred is? Thank you!!

Could someone please explain to me what the difference between waitlist and deferred is? Thank you!!
waitlist is that you are on a list and you could be accepted if there is movement in the class and a seat opens up. depending on where you rank on the waitlist its a possibility that you can get accepted later for the class of 2020. Deferred acceptance is that you are already accepted for the class of 2021 next year and you are on a priority wait list for this year. once a seat opens its likely that someone who was deferred accepted will get it versus someone who was solely waitlisted

waitlist is that you are on a list and you could be accepted if there is movement in the class and a seat opens up. depending on where you rank on the waitlist its a possibility that you can get accepted later for the class of 2020. Deferred acceptance is that you are already accepted for the class of 2021 next year and you are on a priority wait list for this year. once a seat opens its likely that someone who was deferred accepted will get it versus someone who was solely waitlisted
Thank you! Does this apply to Tufts? Because the admissions committee told me that their waitlist isn't ranked, and that when a spot opens up, they do a wholistic review of all the applicants.

Thank you! Does this apply to Tufts? Because the admissions committee told me that their waitlist isn't ranked, and that when a spot opens up, they do a wholistic review of all the applicants.
yeah this is for tufts

Hey guys, I finally got around to withdrawing from the class of 2020 and I just emailed them today. I sincerely hope that one of you here gets my spot! Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I finally got around to withdrawing from the class of 2020 and I just emailed them today. I sincerely hope that one of you here gets my spot! Best of luck!

Aww thank you!!! Where are you going instead?!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if acceptances for spots that were recently dropped will be awarded in a rolling fashion, or are they waiting until it gets closer to the next deadline? (4/15)

anyone know if acceptances for spots that were recently dropped will be awarded in a rolling fashion, or are they waiting until it gets closer to the next deadline? (4/15)

I've heard from current students that it's on a rolling basis

I'm beginning to lose hope.
You should begin to lose hope on the very first day of classes. For now, hope is very much alive. Hang in there!

To people who were waitlisted:
Did you get an email saying you were waitlisted or did you have to check your aadsas?

My aadsas says waitlisted but I never got an email from Tufts. Gonna wait until tomorrow to call them.

To people who were waitlisted:
Did you get an email saying you were waitlisted or did you have to check your aadsas?

My aadsas says waitlisted but I never got an email from Tufts. Gonna wait until tomorrow to call them.
Yup I got email, there a forms you have to submit to be on the wait list that I had to fill out and submit!

Anyone hearing back from the wait list yet? When would they notify us of a rejection if we were put on the wait list?

Anyone hearing back from the wait list yet? When would they notify us of a rejection if we were put on the wait list?

I haven't :(. Im thinking that they probably won't notify waitlisters until the first week of August since that's the first week of classes.

based on past threads for tufts i looks like people started getting notified about the waitlist in the end of May

Is it possible tufts lost my application? I applied June 25 with a 3.6 and 20 AA 21 TS and never heard back from them at all. The lady on the phone for admissions refuses to give me information. I'm from Massachusetts and both my letters of recommendation came from dentists who graduated from tufts. Don't think there are any "red flags" on my application. I'm not trying to come off as butt hurt I'm just confused about this

Is it possible tufts lost my application? I applied June 25 with a 3.6 and 20 AA 21 TS and never heard back from them at all. The lady on the phone for admissions refuses to give me information. I'm from Massachusetts and both my letters of recommendation came from dentists who graduated from tufts. Don't think there are any "red flags" on my application. I'm not trying to come off as butt hurt I'm just confused about this

Did you get interviews elsewhere? Sometimes it can be based on things not explained by numbers ie personal statement and professional experience. I'm not saying either of those things on your application were bad but since its so subjective, it can vary on how each school looks at those sections.

This happened to me as well. I got many other interviews, so it's not that. It's just a crapshoot I think. Had I not already secured an acceptance, I'd probably email them an update and express interest or ask what I could have done better in my application

Deferred acceptance! Whoopee! This feels like a dream :)
Congrats! That's great! Just curious, when did you interview and were you previously waitlisted before getting a deferred acceptance? Thanks!

Did any of you hear about the changes in the curriculum- more specifically, can anyone verify that Tufts is moving towards P/F grading and systems-based education?

Did you get interviews elsewhere? Sometimes it can be based on things not explained by numbers ie personal statement and professional experience. I'm not saying either of those things on your application were bad but since its so subjective, it can vary on how each school looks at those sections.

Yes I got 7/10 interviews and was accepted to 2 places so far. Waitlisted at 3 more. I know this process is random as hell but according to my stats and other aspects I honestly expected an interview. Oh well...

Soooo out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many of us are on this deferred acceptance list I'm thinking no more than 15-20 people?! What are your thoughts guys?

Soooo out of curiosity, I'm wondering how many of us are on this deferred acceptance list I'm thinking no more than 15-20 people?! What are your thoughts guys?

to the deferred people-what were your stats? (gpa and DAT score). I'm just waitlisted no deferred acceptance :(

to the deferred people-what were your stats? (gpa and DAT score). I'm just waitlisted no deferred acceptance :(

I have a 2.79 undergrad gpa & a 3.49 grad gpa along with a 19AA. My extracurricular activities definitely made up for my low numbers

Hang in there. They are still giving out deferred acceptances so it's not over! Plus, I got my deferred acceptance after I was waitlisted.

Last edited:
thanks. and congrats on the deferred acceptance :)

Congrats! That's great! Just curious, when did you interview and were you previously waitlisted before getting a deferred acceptance? Thanks!
I was interviewed on March 8 (Tuesday) and heard back about their decisions on March 18 (Friday). I was not previously wait listed. Also, deferred acceptance also gives you priority waitlist for this year I believe.

I was interviewed on March 8 (Tuesday) and heard back about their decisions on March 18 (Friday). I was not previously wait listed. Also, deferred acceptance also gives you priority waitlist for this year I believe.
Yes, that's what I hear. Best of luck to you!

Officially let go of my deferred acceptance spot! I hope it goes out to one of you!!! Best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
The admissions office said there hasn't been movement off the wait list and the class is pretty much full. The next committee meeting for them is in May.

The admissions office said there hasn't been movement off the wait list and the class is pretty much full. The next committee meeting for them is in May.
Thanks for the update! Did they comment at all on the priority waitlist vs the normal one? I want to know how long the priority waitlist is..

Same here..I would like to know as well. It's weird that they overestimated the class size by giving out too many acceptances...

Same here..I would like to know as well. It's weird that they overestimated the class size by giving out too many acceptances...

They are likely making sure they don't run out of people to admit should others drop their spots. Tufts may have more fluctuation than others because they are a bigger private school on the more pricey end

Status
Not open for further replies.