****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Would they know who's calling? I don't even say my name when I call

Members don't see this ad :)
so i asked and she said "There has been some slight movement in the class, and we do anticipate more movement in the coming months." soo yeaaaaaaaa.:shrug:

so i asked and she said "There has been some slight movement in the class, and we do anticipate more movement in the coming months." soo yeaaaaaaaa.:shrug:

The coming months?! **SIGH**

Thanks for checking up though!

im assuming they have caller id? don't know for sure though

Yes, they do have caller ID. I've called numerous times without giving name to check up on things and they've never asked for my name

It's April 15 :(

All kinds of emotions running through my head over here

Oh and people do have till 5pm ET to pay the deposit today so we probably won't hear anything until at least next week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

All kinds of emotions running through my head over here

Oh and people do have till 5pm ET to pay the deposit today so we probably won't hear anything until at least next week

yeah I'm getting really frustrated. first our batch was in the "decision delay" on a Friday and then we didn't find out that we were all basically waitlisted until Tuesday.. and of course the second deposit day falls on a Friday :mad:

yeah I'm getting really frustrated. first our batch was in the "decision delay" on a Friday and then we didn't find out that we were all basically waitlisted until Tuesday.. and of course the second deposit day falls on a Friday :mad:

Yeah. Time is apparently not our friend right now **sigh**

I'm wishing for the best next week!

Reactions: 1 users
At least you guys are deferred :/

Don't lose hope! I'm sure they will give out more deferred acceptances after the waitlist starts moving more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got ACCEPTED!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to both of you guys. I know you both really wanted to get in and it's good to see other people reach their dreams. I'll live vicariously through you two when you attend some Sox games.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to both of you so happy for you guys!!!!!!! Ya'll are gonna be amazing dentists!!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats!! I forget, were you previously waitlisted or deferred?

Thank you!!! I was deferred previously.

Last edited:
so glad that somewhere in our class we both will be there. i will never know who you are and you will never know who i am but i am so glad we both will be there!!! feeling all the feels right now!!!! :):love:

Or we can message each other our true names

Ahhh so so happy for us!

what day is orientation and the first day of class?

Orientation is broken up into two days and it starts on Thursday, July 28th. Andddd I think that the first day of classes is August 1st!

Orientation is broken up into two days and it starts on Thursday, July 28th. Andddd I think that the first day of classes is August 1st!

Hi guys!! I got a deferred acceptance this morning!!! Thank you all for the positive support! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 6 users
will they be sending any sort of acceptance packet or just the emails with links for what we need to complete? i was hoping we would get our class schedules etc.

Hi guys!! I got a deferred acceptance this morning!!! Thank you all for the positive support! I'm so excited!
Congrats!!! I'm hoping I hear from them soon too! Just waitlisted and slowly losing hope..

Yayyy!!! I knew you were gonna hear some good news soon! Congrats!!

thank you all! do we have to send out our official transcripts even if we have graduated like 2 years ago with finished pre-requisites?

thank you all! do we have to send out our official transcripts even if we have graduated like 2 years ago with finished pre-requisites?

Yeah. You have to send ALL of your transcripts unfortunately.

i may have a discrepancy from my under graduate record-i didn't report 2 classes i was taking as a non-matriculated student this past fall-i was just taking them to keep in touch with school. will they rescind my offer?

i may have a discrepancy from my under graduate record-i didn't report 2 classes i was taking as a non-matriculated student this past fall-i was just taking them to keep in touch with school. will they rescind my offer?

I feel like they wouldn't if you explain to them why you forgot to mention it. I would contact admissions and explain your situation before they receive your transcripts.

i doubt you'd get in trouble for taking extra classes

yeah but i think i should have reported them to AADSAS. F M L +pity+

Don't lose hope! I'm sure they will give out more deferred acceptances after the waitlist starts moving more.

YEP just got my deferred a few days ago. Probably because you guys just got accepted! I went in and talked to admissions a few days ago and apparently they accepted 2 or 3 people a few days ago

Reactions: 2 users
YEP just got my deferred a few days ago. Probably because you guys just got accepted! I went in and talked to admissions a few days ago and apparently they accepted 2 or 3 people a few days ago

Congrats! So what's your plan for the next year?

Does anyone know about how many ppl have deferred acceptance at the same time? Meaning so if 2-3 people got in recently, 2-3 more people probably got deferred spots, right? Do y'all think there are only a few deferred spots available? Just trying to gauge how likely it is to get in this cycle once you have a deferred spot

Does anyone know about how many ppl have deferred acceptance at the same time? Meaning so if 2-3 people got in recently, 2-3 more people probably got deferred spots, right? Do y'all think there are only a few deferred spots available? Just trying to gauge how likely it is to get in this cycle once you have a deferred spot

I was accepted off of the def-acceptance list earlier this month and was wondering the same thing when I first got the email. This is what I was thinking: The admissions committee evaluates your interview like they normally would, regardless of the availability of a seat. They love you and want to accept you, however, the class is full so you got a def-acceptance. The admissions office knows roughly on average how many people drop their acceptance offers every year. Using that information they give out the same amount of def-acceptances to offset the offers declined? Its hard to tell exactly because students on the regular waitlist can be moved up to def-acceptance list too aka Noodak.

I was accepted off of the def-acceptance list earlier this month and was wondering the same thing when I first got the email. This is what I was thinking: The admissions committee evaluates your interview like they normally would, regardless of the availability of a seat. They love you and want to accept you, however, the class is full so you got a def-acceptance. The admissions office knows roughly on average how many people drop their acceptance offers every year. Using that information they give out the same amount of def-acceptances to offset the offers declined? Its hard to tell exactly because students on the regular waitlist can be moved up to def-acceptance list too aka Noodak.

Ahh I see. Yea I figured it would be something along those lines. I was also on the regular waitlist but then got a deferred acceptance. How long did you wait before you got accepted into this year's class?
I've been accepted elsewhere but I really want to go to Tufts so I'm very curious as to if they have movement this late in the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.