****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I see. Yea I figured it would be something along those lines. I was also on the regular waitlist but then got a deferred acceptance. How long did you wait before you got accepted into this year's class?
I've been accepted elsewhere but I really want to go to Tufts so I'm very curious as to if they have movement this late in the cycle.

Ohh nicee, Congrats! I got def-accepted in mid-Feb and accepted earlier this month. The cycle is coming to an end so Im sure there will be some movement. Hang in there, you got this! Out of curiosity where else did you get in? lols

Members don't see this ad.

Ohh nicee, Congrats! I got def-accepted in mid-Feb and accepted earlier this month. The cycle is coming to an end so Im sure there will be some movement. Hang in there, you got this! Out of curiosity where else did you get in? lols

Ah I see. Yea that's true, I'm hoping for the best! Hopefully there's some movement soon. I've gotten into WesternU in Cali...but like I said, Tufts would be awesomee (*fingers crossed*)

Reactions: 1 user
I called admissions and they told me that they send 5 deferred acceptances at a time

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got accepted. Could you share what your acceptance letter read?

For those of you who got accepted. Could you share what your acceptance letter read?
Dear Scumbag_Steve,

Congratulations! On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to the DMD Class of 2020 at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Please note the D'20 class is tentatively scheduled to matriculate on July 28, 2016. This email serves as your official acceptance notification.

Your acceptance into the Dental School is contingent upon payment of a non-refundable deposit of $1,500 by January 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm. Please note that Discover, Master Card and Visa cards are accepted. Checks are not accepted and will be returned unprocessed. To pay the non-refundable enrollment deposit, please visit the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Enrollment Deposit Payment Gateway:

https://netpay.higherone.com/NetPay/Products/Tufts/Tufts+Dentral+School+Enrollment/Admissions/1637/Gateway.aspx

In addition to the deposit, you must submit additional documents by the deadline listed above to the Office of Admissions in order to confirm your seat in our class. All forms can be accessed at:

http://dental.tufts.edu/accepted-students

You must sign and submit the Enrollment Decision Form (please retain a copy for your records), Technical Standards document, Family Information Form, and Verification of Citizenship Form by the deadline listed above. Please read the Enrollment Decision Form carefully and adhere to the deadlines and requirements listed on the form. Also, please read closely the Technical Standards document to understand the skills that are essential to your success in a TUSDM education. Signing this document indicates that you are able to meet these standards with or without reasonable accommodations. Additionally, please have the Certification of Disciplinary History Form completed by an appropriate official at your undergraduate degree granting institution. All forms must be submitted by the date listed above. Lastly, please note that your acceptance is conditional upon the Admissions Committee’s favorable review of a criminal background check. You can anticipate receiving an email from Certiphi Screening, Inc. with more information regarding the criminal background check process. As you will be required to provide permission for the criminal background check, we ask that you please respond to their email promptly. Final acceptance is only granted if you complete the requirements listed on the Enrollment Decision Form by the appropriate dates. The Admissions Committee retains the right to rescind a scholarship and/or acceptance offer in the event that you do not successfully complete the requirements listed on the contract.

We look forward to welcoming you to Tufts in the coming year as a member of the Class of 2020. Please contact me with any further questions. Should you require a hard copy of this acceptance letter, please let me know and I will be happy to send one to you.

Sincerely,
Robert H. Kasberg, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions & Student Affairs

Reactions: 2 users
for those who got deferred acceptances: did you give up your spots that you were holding elsewhere ?

i have heard that May is when a lot of movement happens on the wait lists has any one else heard the same.

i have heard that May is when a lot of movement happens on the wait lists has any one else heard the same.
not really. i heard april is always the month for lots of waitlist movement. after that it slows down a lot

I think April was the biggest movement month, since that is when second deposits were due- plus aadsas released names of everyone holding multiple deposits to schools so they were forced to choose. It probably slows down significantly after April.

LOL maybe they read SDN. i just got an May update email

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement on the waitlist?? Trying to get accepted off of the deferred list ): do u think a letter of intent would help? Any advice is appreciated!!!

Any movement on the waitlist?? Trying to get accepted off of the deferred list ): do u think a letter of intent would help? Any advice is appreciated!!!

I would definitely send admissions an email with an update letter. They would like an update letter rather than a letter of intent. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I would definitely send admissions an email with an update letter. They would like an update letter rather than a letter of intent. Good luck!

Thank you!

Has anyone gotten the checklist of missing stuff they said we would get in the may letter?

Has anyone gotten the checklist of missing stuff they said we would get in the may letter?

Nope, I haven't got the tooth collections kit either? Has anyone got that either lol

Just got the checklist this morning, but still waiting on the teeth collections kit like everyone

Do you think it's too late for me ):

Noooo!!!! I know someone who got in last cycle in May and from what I hear, there were people who got in June too. Just have faith and keep updating admissions every month. You've got this!

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten their financial aid packets yet? The update letter said mid may haha

Has anyone gotten their financial aid packets yet? The update letter said mid may haha

Nope. I thought it was in early June from what I've read.

Congrats! Has anyone else from the deferred waitlist heard any news?

Hey all, still on the wait-list. I've been accepted at another school and their deadlines are quickly approaching. Tufts is my #1 school and I would love to go there, but I still have no idea if I'm even close to being accepted or not. It's getting to about the time where I really need to figure out where I am going to live, no matter where I end up going. Does anyone have any information or any idea how the movement in the class is going?

@Slamdunker34 try calling the school to find out. If worst comes to worst and the deadline comes, just remember a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush!

so im guessing no movement will happen now for deferred kids :heckyeah: also for deferred students-did you guys get any confirmation letter after sending in deposits/forms/transcripts?

so im guessing no movement will happen now for deferred kids :heckyeah: also for deferred students-did you guys get any confirmation letter after sending in deposits/forms/transcripts?
Hey! I'm a deferred applicant and I never got called. Strange because I know people on the regular waitlist got accepted even though we supposedly had "priority". I never got confirmation for sending in things besides my deposit.

Hey! I'm a deferred applicant and I never got called. Strange because I know people on the regular waitlist got accepted even though we supposedly had "priority". I never got confirmation for sending in things besides my deposit.
their orientation is today.

I was hoping to get picked off the waitlist. I'm on the waitlist but not deferred though. I applied again this time but much much earlier than I did the last cycle. I heard from the admissions committee that sometimes someone drops out like 2 days before or after classes starts?

Hey all! Can anyone give me any tips and ideas on how Interview day is at Tufts Was it super chill and relaxed? Or did they grill you with hard questions?

What do you think is the best way to prepare for interviews in general? And how do you personally get rid of nerves? hehe. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Hey all! Can anyone give me any tips and ideas on how Interview day is at Tufts Was it super chill and relaxed? Or did they grill you with hard questions?

What do you think is the best way to prepare for interviews in general? And how do you personally get rid of nerves? hehe. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
nice to know you got an early interview. usually interview day is fairly laid back. at tufts they are looking to see who you really are, which shouldbe some where along the lines of your personal statement. they may quote lines from your personal statement. so stick with it and make sure every thing you say relates to it and dentistry but also be original. they also look for people who can work and get along with others well. one of the D2 students told me that they simply want to know know if you are an A**hole or not... i knw people who got accepted to tufts who had average or even below average numbers but were nice people who could backup their stories.
dont take too much stress tufts is one of those schools who if they gave u an interview, will probably accept you. question may include ethical, or situational or behavioral questions but defiantly they will ask you about you volunteering or shadowing experiences.
they just want to know who you really are.
i applied to tufts and bu , when i got an interview from tufts i email bu that i will be in the city please allow me to visit campus and discuss my application. they gave me an interview which was a day after my tufts interview. so make your case.
i also recommend following up with both schools email them every 2 or 3 weeks with new updates and information and express your interest. both universities like that sort of thing very much..
good luck.

nice to know you got an early interview. usually interview day is fairly laid back. at tufts they are looking to see who you really are, which shouldbe some where along the lines of your personal statement. they may quote lines from your personal statement. so stick with it and make sure every thing you say relates to it and dentistry but also be original. they also look for people who can work and get along with others well. one of the D2 students told me that they simply want to know know if you are an A**hole or not... i knw people who got accepted to tufts who had average or even below average numbers but were nice people who could backup their stories.
dont take too much stress tufts is one of those schools who if they gave u an interview, will probably accept you. question may include ethical, or situational or behavioral questions but defiantly they will ask you about you volunteering or shadowing experiences.
they just want to know who you really are.
i applied to tufts and bu , when i got an interview from tufts i email bu that i will be in the city please allow me to visit campus and discuss my application. they gave me an interview which was a day after my tufts interview. so make your case.
i also recommend following up with both schools email them every 2 or 3 weeks with new updates and information and express your interest. both universities like that sort of thing very much..
good luck.
Thank you so much for the feedback!! It is very helpful :) Do you know of anyone who interviewed pre-dec and was denied Dec 1? I hear they'll only deny you if you come across crazy (or psycho) during your interview haha.

Anyone here accepted from An Interview for a seat by Deferred Admissions?

Hi guys!
I’ll potentially be moving here in the Fall for dental school and was interested in looking for a female roommate!! PM me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.