****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Tufts only ask for application fees from those they are considering for interview? Or is that simply required by all applicants when admissions receives packet from aadsas

Members don't see this ad.

Does Tufts only ask for application fees from those they are considering for interview? Or is that simply required by all applicants when admissions receives packet from aadsas
Everyone pays the supplemental fee

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Tufts not give interviews to those who interviewed at BU? Heard this rumor multiple times
Tufts would have literally no way to know whether an applicant had interviewed at/is going to interview at BU at the time they extend their interview invitation. Even if they did, apparently they don't care, because I interviewed at BU and was invited to interview at Tufts this month.

Anyone interviewing on 11/30? I am driving up from NYC. Anyone wanna split cab / living / meet up for food before.

I interviewed in January and they said that 80% of us would get accepted

Interviewed already and just a heads up to make sure you really know your application! This was the only interview I forgot to review my PS / minor stuff on my app and I was totally caught off guard during the interview... awkward.

Interviewed already and just a heads up to make sure you really know your application! This was the only interview I forgot to review my PS / minor stuff on my app and I was totally caught off guard during the interview... awkward.
Thanks for the heads up. Edit: oh personal statement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just wondering, has anyone received an email from the associate dean for admissions and student affairs, to meet and have a chat after the interview day is over?

How soon did you hear back after your interview?
I heard back actually 8 days later. Once acceptances start they have a committee that meets every other Friday and decides acceptances.
I got the acceptance in an email the next Friday morning

I heard back actually 8 days later. Once acceptances start they have a committee that meets every other Friday and decides acceptances.
I got the acceptance in an email the next Friday morning

How was your interview in general?
Had they asked any tricky question or just simply within those typical questions (like why Tufts, why dental, so on)?
Thank you!

The only time my application was actually talked about was when they asked about an "alleged" run in with authority a few years before.... I explained it and we moved on
There were two interviewers, an older guy in his 60's and a fourth year student. The guy asked me "if I was in your position and you were in mine, what would you ask me?" I didn't really know how to respond so I said I'd want his tie (tbh he did have a really cool tie)
And then we started talking about snow skiing and how often the students take ski trips. It was extremely laid back. Review your application and personal statement the night before and get a full nights sleep and you'll be fine

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else who already interviewed have their status changed?

Those of you who interviewed already.. did they give you a spot to put your coat / suit bag?

I ask because I'm going to be going from my hotel checkout, straight to the interview, and then straight to the airport.

Those of you who interviewed already.. did they give you a spot to put your coat / suit bag?

I ask because I'm going to be going from my hotel checkout, straight to the interview, and then straight to the airport.
Yes they let you put it in a closet

has anyone's status changed from 'invited for interview' to 'under review' before even having the interview??

Those of who interviewed today:
Are we getting notifications tomorrow?

Those of who interviewed today:
Are we getting notifications tomorrow?
I interviewed 11/30 and they said we would hear 12/1 as they would be reviewing interviews that day (11/30), and that they do review every 2 weeks. So I'm assuming that means anyone who interviews 12/1-12/14 will hear in about two weeks.

I interviewed 11/30 and they said we would hear 12/1 as they would be reviewing interviews that day (11/30), and that they do review every 2 weeks. So I'm assuming that means anyone who interviews 12/1-12/14 will hear in about two weeks.

Ugh...
Then why i didnt get email yet :-(

Got an acceptance email at 6:35 as well interviewed on 11/10.

I reset my forgotten password and all that jazz just to post this comment (haha): I also interviewed on 11/30. After the day was over, one of the admissions people mentioned that they might not have time for the meeting that afternoon because the interview day itself ran late. My guess is that the 11/30 group is now in with the 12/1-onwards group, and we will hear in about two weeks-- but that's just my $.02

I reset my forgotten password and all that jazz just to post this comment (haha): I also interviewed on 11/30. After the day was over, one of the admissions people mentioned that they might not have time for the meeting that afternoon because the interview day itself ran late. My guess is that the 11/30 group is now in with the 12/1-onwards group, and we will hear in about two weeks-- but that's just my $.02
:(:yeahright:

:(
;(

Interviewed 11/30, no update from Tufts yet. Hoping it doesn't take two weeks!

Does anyone know if they send out acceptance emails all at once (in this case 6:30am)?

So do we think Tufts is done sending out invites for the day???????? +pity+

Status
Not open for further replies.