****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2020 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
how'd u change it??
Luckily I had called today with another question and just asked if earlier date was possible and apparently someone dropped their interview that day so I got lucky!

Reactions: 1 user
Just saw a surge of people joining fb group today. I guess people found out decisions today? Congratz!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally under review!!! Hoping for some good news!:xf:

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone been under review for long time and got interview?

I think everything was finished by the end of July. But it looks like once your app goes "under review" that's when they decide if they want to interview you
I think thats true. Mine went under review then I got an interview invite a few days later. I think there definitely is some sort of ranking in what order they review apps though because I submitted very early in june and didn't get an invite until this month. I have a friend that submitted super late and got an invite way before me. I don't think its just when you submitted.

I think thats true. Mine went under review then I got an interview invite a few days later. I think there definitely is some sort of ranking in what order they review apps though because I submitted very early in june and didn't get an invite until this month. I have a friend that submitted super late and got an invite way before me. I don't think its just when you submitted.

Yeah, I think so too because I submitted mine and had my application complete by the end of June. I just got my invite a couple of weeks ago.

Hang in there! I heard that they interview into March so they should be sending another round of interview invites very soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed! I don't think it's in the order of submission. But someone asked so I answered :)

just got an interview invite!
what dates did they give you to pick from? I'm just curious to see how many dates of theirs are full now. lol I'm interviewing on feb 1st and really want to get accepted!

YAY!! Got an interview invite!! :D

Reactions: 2 users
what dates did they give you to pick from? I'm just curious to see how many dates of theirs are full now. lol I'm interviewing on feb 1st and really want to get accepted!

tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Monday, February 22, 2016

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016

just got an interview invite but most likely going to decline it

how many ppl tufts interview per day?

10-12 ppl. so 60-72 interviews given out today?

Last edited:
anyone been under review and never got interview?

Reactions: 1 users
So excited about getting an interview invite!! Especially after hearing basically nothing until now. Super nervous though, since this is my top choice.

Reactions: 1 users
uh same here
Same lol been under review since September
Don't loose hope... I was also under review since September and I got invite first week of Jan.

uh same here

Don't loose hope... I was also under review since September and I got invite first week of Jan.
They put me on academic hold pending fall grades and my update went through last week so I'm hoping for news.

I got an interview invite last night but I'm going to decline. I already put a deposit on MWU and I can't see anything about Tufts that would draw me away.

I got an interview invite last night but I'm going to decline. I already put a deposit on MWU and I can't see anything about Tufts that would draw me away.

I'm in the exact same situation as you haha

Just got an interview invite! For those that chose Tufts, why? I'm waiting on a decision from my in-state school and debating whether or not to interview

Just got an interview invite! For those that chose Tufts, why? I'm waiting on a decision from my in-state school and debating whether or not to interview
If you don't have a decision from your in-state then definitely interview. It'd suck to turn down an interview and then not get in, putting you in the position of possibly having to reapply next year

If you don't have a decision from your in-state then definitely interview. It'd suck to turn down an interview and then not get in, putting you in the position of possibly having to reapply next year
You're right. I'm going to interview whether or not I get into my in-state school. No regrets!

Very random question, but for those who are accepted, did they specify what color your scrubs are? lol

I will be declining my acceptance, and will be attending UNC instead. Hope my spot goes out to one of you!

Is a letter of interest ill advised prior to getting an interview at Tufts? I know the website mentions not asking about app status, but want my app reviewed asap since I'd likely enroll if I got in

Is a letter of interest ill advised prior to getting an interview at Tufts? I know the website mentions not asking about app status, but want my app reviewed asap since I'd likely enroll if I got in
I did that last year and just got a letter back saying "thanks for your interest, well officially reject you next month in March"

I think interest letters are a waste of everyone's time. If you applied to the school and havent withdrawn your application it's implied that you're still interested...

For those who have completed interviews, what was the nature of it? One-on-one, how long, who interviewed you, etc?

For those who have completed interviews, what was the nature of it? One-on-one, how long, who interviewed you, etc?
Same question!

2 on 1. Usually a faculty member and a D4. Mine was a faculty member and a D3. The interview is closed file, but they have access to your extra curricular experiences, personal statement, shadowing, and research experience. Mine they mostly asked some simple questions like how do you relieve stress, why are you interested in Tufts? He asked me about whether or not I finished boy scouts (I mentioned it in my manual dexterity question) so I told him I had not because I got too busy with the two team sports I played in high school. The rest was mostly conversational, the interview ended with them telling me how to walk to the South Station stop and pointing directions out the window (I had asked them what the best way to get to the airport was).

It's extremely laid back. They have a high acceptance rate for the people they interview. If you got an interview you have a pretty good shot. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
2 on 1. Usually a faculty member and a D4. Mine was a faculty member and a D3. The interview is closed file, but they have access to your extra curricular experiences, personal statement, shadowing, and research experience. Mine they mostly asked some simple questions like how do you relieve stress, why are you interested in Tufts? He asked me about whether or not I finished boy scouts (I mentioned it in my manual dexterity question) so I told him I had not because I got too busy with the two team sports I played in high school. The rest was mostly conversational, the interview ended with them telling me how to walk to the South Station stop and pointing directions out the window (I had asked them what the best way to get to the airport was).

It's extremely laid back. They have a high acceptance rate for the people they interview. If you got an interview you have a pretty good shot. Good luck!
Very informative, thank you so much!

Does anyone know when the next round of interviews is going out? I'm freaking out. My application changed to under review late December, and I still haven't heard back yet. This is my dream school, and I'm losing hope :(

Does anyone know when the next round of interviews is going out? I'm freaking out. My application changed to under review late December, and I still haven't heard back yet. This is my dream school, and I'm losing hope :(
according to last year's thread they gave out interviews in february!

Status
Not open for further replies.