****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for responding! That was so helpful. So just confirming this.. it took around 13 days for your first status change of app complete to under review, right?

No problem, happy to help! Yes that's correct, I guess you could say it took almost two weeks for my status to change :)
Also, congrats on your UDM invite!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

No problem, happy to help! Yes that's correct, I guess you could say it took almost two weeks for my status to change :)
Also, congrats on your UDM invite!!

Thank you so much! Haha. Its my first and since my app was complete just 7 days before they gave me an interview I am SO SO grateful. Hope we hear something from this school too!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! Haha. Its my first and since my app was complete just 7 days before they gave me an interview I am SO SO grateful. Hope we hear something from this school too!!
Same thing with me I'm so stoked! My interview at UDM is on the 15th so if you have any questions feel free to message me!
Oh I know fingers crossed! In the meantime I'll be refreshing my email obsessively haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I received the application complete email on 8/22 and my portal updated to App complete the same day. But it never changed since then. Does it still have chance for me to have an interview?

I got my application complete email on 8/1 and updated on the portal the same day as well. Any chance of interview considering I got waitlisted last cycle in February. I understand that some of you think that they aren't going in order. I was wondering if I should email the admissions committee? Then what do I say? Also, it seems like only the first half of October interview slots have been filled according to this forum.

I got my application complete email on 8/1 and updated on the portal the same day as well. Any chance of interview considering I got waitlisted last cycle in February. I understand that some of you think that they aren't going in order. I was wondering if I should email the admissions committee? Then what do I say? Also, it seems like only the first half of October interview slots have been filled according to this forum.
You should email/call! Lol and tell us haha. Maybe you can be like I was wondering how interview invites work since my app has been complete for a while? I would really like to know what they say if you call. All the Boston schools have been silent. It's annoying.

You should email/call! Lol and tell us haha. Maybe you can be like I was wondering how interview invites work since my app has been complete for a while? I would really like to know what they say if you call. All the Boston schools have been silent. It's annoying.
Did you apply to tufts?

Did you apply to tufts?
Yeah :) my app was complete 9/21 so I know I have to be patient. But I got my first interview yesterday so I couldn't help but be curious where all the other schools are in the review process. Lol.

Yeah :) my app was complete 9/21 so I know I have to be patient. But I got my first interview yesterday so I couldn't help but be curious where all the other schools are in the review process. Lol.

Detroit Mercy (that is your interview that you got yesterday, right?) works very fast through their applications, much more so than anyone else not named Nova Southeastern or Midwestern. Don't get too wrapped up on the time frame because many schools take a very long time to do their thing.

Detroit Mercy (that is your interview that you got yesterday, right?) works very fast through their applications, much more so than anyone else not named Nova Southeastern or Midwestern. Don't get too wrapped up on the time frame because many schools take a very long time to do their thing.
Yeah I got it at UDM. I'm not wrapped up with the time frame considering my app was complete so late. I just happened to get an interview yesterday so the thought of other schools and interviews came to mind :)
As far as UDM, many people have been waiting with app complete dates all spread out from June-September so I don't know about them working fast. It's just luck or how ever the process works lol

Hello,

My application said "Received/Waiting Additional Information" for most of the summer, although I have received interview invites from other schools. However, on 09/28/16, it changed to "Received/Application Complete". Does this mean it still needs to change to "Under Review" to receive an interview? Thank you!

From what has been witnessed the past few cycles and my own experience..yes. It switched from "received/app complete" back to "Under review"

Just got my interview invite this morning!!
Here's my timeline incase anyone is curious: 7/26 App received -->8/26 App still incomplete (waiting on those DAT scores lol)--> 9/01 App complete --> 9/14 Changed to under review --> 10/06 Interview invitation

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's my timeline incase anyone is curious: 7/26 App received -->8/26 App still incomplete (waiting on those DAT scores lol)--> 9/01 App complete --> 9/14 Changed to under review --> 10/06 Interview invitation
Yay!! Happy for you!!

Congrats!! :)) they'll start sending some today and tomorrow probably.

Congrat! Do you mind sharing your stat?
Also, after your DAT score had been uploaded, how long did it take to change your status from received to under review?
Sure!
uGPA: 3.13, gGPA: 3.91
DAT: 22 AA/ 24TS/ 22 RC/ 18 PAT

After my DAT scores were received and my app was complete on 9/01, it took about 2 weeks before it switched to Under Review

Sure!

After my DAT scores were received and my app was complete on 9/01, it took about 2 weeks before it switched to Under Review

Congrats! I also received an interview this morning. Almost cried during work lol

Congrats! you guys are lucky. Hoping I get one soon.

Sure!

Did it change to app complete as soon as your DAT score was uploaded?

Hi!! Did you get a pre-dec interview?? Just curious. I'm sure you're partying but let me know! Haha

Hi!! Did you get a pre-dec interview?? Just curious. I'm sure you're partying but let me know! Haha

Haha no problem! Yes, the dates offered to me are for the first week of November so I'm super grateful! I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon!

I'm curious, do you guys think someone who was waitlisted at tufts last cycle has a good chance of getting in this cycle if the application was completed early? I'm just wondering if anyone who got waitlisted at a particular school in the previous cycle and gets in the next cycle.

I'm curious, do you guys think someone who was waitlisted at tufts last cycle has a good chance of getting in this cycle if the application was completed early? I'm just wondering if anyone who got waitlisted at a particular school in the previous cycle and gets in the next cycle.
Totally! I'm not sure about the impact of applying early, but they definitely showed interest in you last year, so another year of improved stats/experiences should serve you well :)

Should I give an admissions office for AADSAS status showing "Received/Waiting Additional Information" on September 28th after I made my supplemental payment on September 28th and completed all of the requirements?

has anyone that applied in August heard back yet?

has anyone that applied in August heard back yet?
Wondering the same thing! I think they just got to August this week?? I hope they finish August soon so us September procrastinators can finally get our chance ! Loll :p

Reactions: 1 users
I just found out that a friend of a friend just got accepted at Tufts this cycle already. Her post is below. What do you think? Acceptance this early is possible?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 223
I just found out that a friend of a friend just got accepted at Tufts this cycle already. Her post is below. What do you think? Acceptance this early is possible?
Was this for last cycle?

My BEST guess is that she probably got off the "waitlist" and onto the "deferred acceptance list" from 2016 aadsas allowing her to get accepted and start in 2017 cycle at Tufts. I don't think they just accept without interview and all schools have to wait until Dec 1 to notify any applicants of acceptance.

Negative. Maybe she was referring to an interview or thought that the interview meant acceptance?

The first interview was 3 days ago so I can't imagine acceptance was offered in such a short time. Especially because I'm almost 110% certain no acceptances are issued before Dec 1st.

Anyone know otherwise?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't think they review apps in the order they were received since the application pool is so large.

Negative. Maybe she was referring to an interview or thought that the interview meant acceptance?

The first interview was 3 days ago so I can't imagine acceptance was offered in such a short time. Especially because I'm almost 110% certain no acceptances are issued before Dec 1st.

Anyone know otherwise?
They do not accept before December 1, but last year some people were given deferred acceptances so there are technically some who are accepted already for c/o 2021

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first interview invite from Tufts earlier this week!! I'm out of state and will be having it on the 7th of November

i submitted my secondary in october and next day it changed to received/underreview on aadsas. wondering if they are going to send out more interview invite pre dec for oos applicants.:(

Has anyone attempted to contact the admission office?
My letter has been uploaded a week ago but I have not received a notice from Tufts.
I want to contact them but apparently they strongly discourage students from contacting them.

100% possible. Tufts gave out deferred acceptances last year. C/O 2021 already has several people accepted.

Do you guys know if they still have pre-December interviews? Seems that so many people are getting interviews, I gotten interviews at UCSF and WesternU, but no word from TUFTS and this is one of my top choices! a bit worried now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.