****The Official Tufts University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I'm worried about it for sure, since I will be funding 100% of it myself as well. However, I'm still definitely attending Tufts. I loved the school and felt at home there. All the other schools I got accepted at were just about the same price.
Hopefully I'll get the HPSP, that would make my dreams come true and really lessen the burden. I applied for it back in September, but I'm still waiting to pass the medical pre-screen. Unfortunately no one ever talks about how strict their medical requirements are. We have to pass the same standards as people enlisting for infantry!
If I don't get the HPSP I will be sad, but I am confident that, if I am smart with money after I graduate, I can pay it off and still manage to live a nice lifestyle after a few years. It will still be hard to see upwards of 800K (after interest) go down the toilet though!

Members don't see this ad.

When I interviewed, I got the impression that many students had significant support from their families, and the debt was not a large worry.

Those of you accepted, what total percentage of the costs education, living expenses, (entire dental school experience) will you be taking out in loans?

when i interviewed, i got the impression that many students had significant support from their families, and the debt was not a large worry.

Those of you accepted, what total percentage of the costs education, living expenses, (entire dental school experience) will you be taking out in loans?

100%

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed, I got the impression that many students had significant support from their families, and the debt was not a large worry.

100% loans here as well. Family might be able to chip in 10-15% but definitely not the whole boat. I believe the majority there are in the same situation. Didn't really get the impression that most had significant family support but that's not something I asked everyone.

If you look at the cost of attendance at most places, particularly private schools and out of state, the average is about 325K for all four years. That's the cost of dental education these days. Tufts just happens to be at the higher end of the spectrum. I think you'll be okay debt wise as long as you're not partying in Boston every night and living within your means.

If you had a cheaper option, I definitely consider it. But all my other acceptances were at schools around the same price tag so I'll pay the extra amount to experience Boston and Tufts :D

Anyone know of any affordable housing suggestions? They said the majority of people live in the downtown area close to the school, I can't imagine rent being cheaper than 2K in that area :eek:

Anyone know of any affordable housing suggestions? They said the majority of people live in the downtown area close to the school, I can't imagine rent being cheaper than 2K in that area :eek:

I'm looking at some apartments that are ~10min walk to the orange line. Its 1,500 for 2 bedrooms/1bath.

I'm looking at some apartments that are ~10min walk to the orange line. Its 1,500 for 2 bedrooms/1bath.

Duriel, are you looking via craigslist? and what neighborhood(s) specifically?

I'm expecting to pay between 2000 and 2400 for a decent 2 bedroom, nothing fancy or extravagant. That seems to be the going price for "affordable" places near Tufts in Downtown, Beacon Hill or Back Bay.
My brother lives in Mission Hill, about 3.5 miles away, and pays 1400 for a 2br. It's kinda gross though and a good 20min commute, especially in the snow.

Duriel, are you looking via craigslist? and what neighborhood(s) specifically?

padmapper.com and hotpads.com. They aggregate a bunch of websites and you use the map to see where they are. I think if you want to save some money, find something along the orange/red/blue line. Orange is preferable, red and blue are easily transferable to orange. I figure an extra 10-20min commute is worth the price difference. I currently commute an hour to work everyday so I am used to it.

Has anyone heard back that had an interview early February? (2/3/12)

Has anyone heard back that had an interview early February? (2/3/12)

If they keep a strict schedule, similar to when I interviewed, you should check aadsas tomorrow ~12:30 EST. This is based upon pure speculation/guess work though.

If they keep a strict schedule, similar to when I interviewed, you should check aadsas tomorrow ~12:30 EST. This is based upon pure speculation/guess work though.

idk if this helps, but the admissions committee meets every 2 weeks from the week that you interviewed.

idk if this helps, but the admissions committee meets every 2 weeks from the week that you interviewed.

Yep, this would put them to meeting ~2/10/12

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on 1-31.
I emailed Gillian last wednesday and she said that they were meeting friday 2-10, and that they would be sending out notifications early this week. I have been updating my AADSAS like every 10 mins and still haven't heard anything. IM GOING CRAZY!!! Im just glad nobody else has posted with acceptance notices. at least we're all still in the same boat :)

Last edited:
Really? They met on on Feb 10th?
My AADSAS status was still "Invited for Interview". I was interviewed on Feb 2nd. :( Did anyone receive any status update?

No status update for me yet. Except Invited for Interview.

I also interviewed 2/2. From what I've read in past posts, it seems that they meet every other Friday but people typically don't get any AADSAS updates until Wed... good luck everyone! :O I know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow...

I also interviewed 2/2. From what I've read in past posts, it seems that they meet every other Friday but people typically don't get any AADSAS updates until Wed... good luck everyone! :O I know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow...

So my speculation was right :D. I refreshed aadsas every 10min on 2/1. It actually updated sometime between 11:30am and 12:30pm.

It took ~11 days after my interview to find out... You'll find out soon after the committee meets... Try not to worry too much and best of luck guys :thumbup:

Anybody else going crazy from the wait? :scared:

soon-squirrel.jpg

Nope, I got nothing so far. Admissions said that we should be hearing back today...

Nada. This is really distracting me from class... :O

Hi all, I interviewEd in February as well. Just called the office and they told me we would find out tomorrow. I will probably still be checking today just in case but just giving everyone a heads up. Good luck everyone!

Hi all, I interviewEd in February as well. Just called the office and they told me we would find out tomorrow. I will probably still be checking today just in case but just giving everyone a heads up. Good luck everyone!
Thanks for letting us know!! Ive been refreshing all day lol

Check your aadsas update, guys!! I got "offer made". My hands are still shaking! Woohooo!

Waitlisted -- my gpa is low and I applied late this year so it's what I expected.

Hey, congratulations.
I am accepted, too.
Offer Made. finally..
Wow. Great Night!Ever in my life.

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today!:clap::clap: Great stuff. Go Jumbos!

when did you guys all interview? Do you know how many seats are left?

Check your aadsas update, guys!! I got "offer made". My hands are still shaking! Woohooo!

I finished dinner and refreshed the browser again and saw your message. Thanks! I GOT IN! See everyone in September!

when did you guys all interview? Do you know how many seats are left?

My interview was on 02/02. On that day, they said there were ~80 deposits.
I don't know how many seats are left now.

yay!! offer made!! i thought it was supposed to be tmr so i was pleasantly surprised!! :)

My interview was on 02/02. On that day, they said there were ~80 deposits.
I don't know how many seats are left now.
My interview was on that day too! 2/2/12.
Anyone get asked to come back for a second interview?

HOLY CRAP I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! OFFER MADE!!!! I gotta go celebrate!! See you all in September!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):luck::luck::luck::luck:

OFFER MADE EARLIER TODAY!!!!!! :soexcited:

I will see you guys in August!

Is that the line that goes past BU? I just got accepted today and I'm stoked! I'll see you guys in the Fall unless my state school gets around to doing in-state invites...geesh!

Is that the line that goes past BU? I just got accepted today and I'm stoked! I'll see you guys in the Fall unless my state school gets around to doing in-state invites...geesh!

No, it passes Tufts, there is no line that passes BU.

Do you guys know average how many people get interview per day? And any updates for how many seats have taken?

Do you guys know average how many people get interview per day? And any updates for how many seats have taken?

i asked this question earlier today because I have a March interview and apparently 100 or so seats out of 185 are deposited and they interview about 10 people a day. With all the people that got in today though and from the looks of it are going...the seat number is going to decrease :(