****The Official Tufts University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

do you think if I call them and ask, would they tell me?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know average how many people get interview per day? And any updates for how many seats have taken?

Hey, so when I interviewed in late january they said that they had about 75 deposits down, so I did some very rough calculations based on the numbers they gave me.

After my interview they had 2 sets of acceptances, and each set of acceptances covered 2 weeks of interviews. They interview about 16 people per day 3x a week, so that's about 100 people per acceptance wave, accept around 80% of those, so that's about 160 additional acceptances. They said that they expect around a 50% yield, so around 80 of those should place a deposit leaving 75+80=155, so with their numbers, probably around 30 spots left = 60 acceptances approximately.

Don't give up hope! Many people think that tufts is pricey and may elect to go somewhere cheaper. They will definitely tell you at your interview how many spots are open

:smuggrin:
Hey, so when I interviewed in late january they said that they had about 75 deposits down, so I did some very rough calculations based on the numbers they gave me.

After my interview they had 2 sets of acceptances, and each set of acceptances covered 2 weeks of interviews. They interview about 16 people per day 3x a week, so that's about 100 people per acceptance wave, accept around 80% of those, so that's about 160 additional acceptances. They said that they expect around a 50% yield, so around 80 of those should place a deposit leaving 75+80=155, so with their numbers, probably around 30 spots left = 60 acceptances approximately.

Don't give up hope! Many people think that tufts is pricey and may elect to go somewhere cheaper. They will definitely tell you at your interview how many spots are open

I was just wondering how you know they interview three times a week??? So far I've only seen two days a week interviews

Members don't see this ad :)

I was just wondering how you know they interview three times a week??? So far I've only seen two days a week interviews

I was also offered three days a week, Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday. Not sure if they are changing that now.

Last edited:

I was also offered 3 days to interview in a week, so thats how I came up with that number. Again, it was just a rough approximation

hmmm ok I guess they have switched to twice a week now? Well that makes me even more nervous about the next few weeks. I knwo people are interviewing next week but anyone know if tufts is interviewing feb 27th or 28th?

hmmm ok I guess they have switched to twice a week now? Well that makes me even more nervous about the next few weeks. I knwo people are interviewing next week but anyone know if tufts is interviewing feb 27th or 28th?

Yes, there should be interviews both of those days. When I called to schedule my interview, my choice was between Feb. 21, 23, 24, 27, 28, and March 1. I'll be interviewing on Feb. 24th.

Yes, there should be interviews both of those days. When I called to schedule my interview, my choice was between Feb. 21, 23, 24, 27, 28, and March 1. I'll be interviewing on Feb. 24th.

oh jeez this makes me more nervous than before :(

Has anyone been offered/had a second interview? Anything in particular to expect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, do you guys think living in a dorm is better than in apts? It costs 932 per a month. Where do you gonna live?

Last edited:
Hey, do you guys think living in a dorm is better than in apts? It costs 932 per a month. Where do you gonna live?
i think it might be better living in an apt than dorm. more privacy and plus you get your space of course (kitchen, bathroom). i've been searching already and found a studio in malden that i liked but im going back end of june to look around. i found some studios in allston and brighton for about $1000/mon. most ive looked at included heat/hot water. i thought they might show the dorms during the tour but they didnt so im thinking its in bad shape.

eh, I would go with malden if you're interested in a nicer neighborhood and shorter commute. Taking the T from Allston is a PAIN! The only plus to living in allston/brighton is that it's a college "town" and great bars around there. So if you have time to hit the city, it's great. Otherwise, Malden is not bad.The public transit stops around midnight

eh, I would go with malden if you're interested in a nicer neighborhood and shorter commute. Taking the T from Allston is a PAIN! The only plus to living in allston/brighton is that it's a college "town" and great bars around there. So if you have time to hit the city, it's great. Otherwise, Malden is not bad.The public transit stops around midnight
is malden a safe neighborhood? i liked it bc there was a station really close to the apt im looking at. i agree im going to stay away from the noisy areas of town.

is malden a safe neighborhood? i liked it bc there was a station really close to the apt im looking at. i agree im going to stay away from the noisy areas of town.

Yes, very safe! Allston/brighton...not so much. The places I'd stay away from are Dorchester, Roxbury, Roslindale area.

did anyone interview today or yesterday that could tell me how many deposits have been put down? I would really appreciate it :) thank you!

anyone remember when the next round of acceptances are given out? This week?

Offer made on AADSAS today! I interviewed on February 14th...figured it went well.

Only thing is, I already put a deposit down at BU, and BU offered me a scholarship

Offer made on AADSAS today! I interviewed on February 14th...figured it went well.

Only thing is, I already put a deposit down at BU, and BU offered me a scholarship

If it says offer made does that mean acceptance for sure, or wait list/alternate list?!!? Did you receive an e-mail or anything?!

My aadsas says "offer made" but I haven't received an e-mail..I'm trying to not to celebrate prematurely. Can someone please lmk if you got an email in addition to the aadsas update? does "offer made" really mean acceptance or waitlisted?

For those who got acceptance: see yall's this fall ;) Tufts was my #1 and BU waitlisted me..... GO JUMBOS!

My aadsas says "offer made" but I haven't received an e-mail..I'm trying to not to celebrate prematurely. Can someone please lmk if you got an email in addition to the aadsas update? does "offer made" really mean acceptance or waitlisted?

You're accepted. Congratulations.:) You'll get a packet of information in the mail in a few days. I hope to see you in the fall!

I also interviewed on Feb 14th, but I got waitlisted :(. At least I got into BU, but I'm definitely enrolling myself on the waitlist.

For those who got acceptance: see yall's this fall ;) Tufts was my #1 and BU waitlisted me..... GO JUMBOS!

Congratulations! :clap: I'm surprised you got into Tufts and didn't get into BU. It's always hard to predict how the interview went, though. See you this fall!:thumbup:

I was in the first round of interviews, and I came 2 minutes late into the interview :x I think that killed it for me. I don't mind; I'm glad it happened because I would've been preeeetty upset had I paid the deposit months ago haha.

Offer made too!! Congrats!! I interviewed Valentine's Day as well

Offer made too!! Congrats!! I interviewed Valentine's Day as well

Me too! Offer made, interviewed valentine's day! :):love: Looks like valentine's day was luck!

Congratulations to everyone accepted today!:clap: Don't forget to join our class Facebook group.

I look forward to meeting you all this fall. Go Jumbos!

Congratulations! :clap: I'm surprised you got into Tufts and didn't get into BU. It's always hard to predict how the interview went, though. See you this fall!:thumbup:

I also got accepted at Tufts but rejected at BU. Really surprised me, but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it! I'm soooo excited to go to Tufts! I thought I had a solid interview at BU, but thought I messed up my Tufts interview too, lol.

I also got accepted at Tufts but rejected at BU. Really surprised me, but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it! I'm soooo excited to go to Tufts! I thought I had a solid interview at BU, but thought I messed up my Tufts interview too, lol.

:confused: I'm really surprised by that. It's really hard to tell with the interviews, as you can't always read how it went with the person that interviews you. I agree, though, as I definitely wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It turned out for the best. :thumbup: Congratulations on getting into Tufts!:clap: I think we're going to have a great class. As I've said, don't forget to join our class facebook group.

:confused: I'm really surprised by that. It's really hard to tell with the interviews, as you can't always read how it went with the person that interviews you. I agree, though, as I definitely wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It turned out for the best. :thumbup: Congratulations on getting into Tufts!:clap: I think we're going to have a great class. As I've said, don't forget to join our class facebook group.

I requested to join the group yesterday but haven't gotten response yet. Just letting you know! I'm not sure who is in charge of it. :D

Hey everyone congrats on the acceptances. I was waitlisted on 2/23. I am waitlisted at Columbia also. I know that Colubmia aften puts applicants on the waitlist until they have a large group and then reviews them all including the poeple who recently interviewed, I was just wondering if Tufts was similar? Is it a ranked list? My interviewer literally knew nothing about me so it was hard to have a real conversation about him aside from telling him about myself. He also had no answers to any of the questions I asked. It was not a bad interview, but he did not ask any questions about my application or history, I tried to slip some of this stuff in there but apparently I was unsuccessful. I just wonder how an interview like that affects someones chances? I cant imagine him having much to say to the adcom.

Hey everyone congrats on the acceptances. I was waitlisted on 2/23. I am waitlisted at Columbia also. I know that Colubmia aften puts applicants on the waitlist until they have a large group and then reviews them all including the poeple who recently interviewed, I was just wondering if Tufts was similar? Is it a ranked list? My interviewer literally knew nothing about me so it was hard to have a real conversation about him aside from telling him about myself. He also had no answers to any of the questions I asked. It was not a bad interview, but he did not ask any questions about my application or history, I tried to slip some of this stuff in there but apparently I was unsuccessful. I just wonder how an interview like that affects someones chances? I cant imagine him having much to say to the adcom.

I was told that Tufts does not rank their list. When it comes time to choose people from waitlist, they re-review everything of everyone. Good luck!! :thumbup:

So my AADSAS page says "offer made" for Tufts and I have received a background check email, but I haven't gotten any official correspondence from Tufts. Has anyone else received an official email from Tufts? With the "offer made" that means I'm accepted, right?

You're accepted! You won't get any official email from Tufts. I got the official packet in the mail about 5 days after my AADSAS status update, so don't get worried if you it takes awhile.

I got offer made yesterday too!! When I first saw it I wasn't sure if it was an acceptance or if I was possibly waitlisted, and I was worried to jump the gun on celebrating haha but now I'm soooooooo happy!!!! :D Congrats everyone who got accepted!! See you in the fall!!!

OFFER MADE on AADSAS!!! Interviewed on 2/21 and thought we'd be waiting till Monday.

I'm deciding between Tufts and my state school now.

Last edited:
Congratulations pearlywhites32 and ALffreyDO!:highfive: Go Jumbos!