****The Official U of Washington Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

TranceMaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to find a thread for this year, so here it is.

Lets keep this thread updated & good luck with the cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you gotten a supplemental application from UW yet?

I just received the secondary app :thumbup:. So it looks like applications are finally being reviewed!

Anyone else who didn't get a secondary? I applied last month and still waiting!

hi ,
i received it today too.
btw, i have troubled downloading the form.
would you mind let me know if you successfully access the supplemental?
thanks

hi ,
i received it today too.
btw, i have troubled downloading the form.
would you mind let me know if you successfully access the supplemental?
thanks

I had no problem accessing the application.

Those who have received the secondary, may I ask you what state residency?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my secondary today! also a WA resident. is your guys' app also consist of 10 questions? i swear they doubled this from last year...

i got my secondary today! also a WA resident. is your guys' app also consist of 10 questions? i swear they doubled this from last year...
Yeah, mine is also 10. Good thing they only have to be 1 paragraph long.

Are you a reapplicant? Even though it says any interest in the RIDE program won't affect the overall application, I wonder if my lack of interest will hurt me (even though they say it won't)...

I haven't received a secondary app yet. I'm not a Washington resident, so I'm hoping that's why...

I am pretty sure that is the reason why. :) no worries, it will come!

Yup, I applied last year and got waitlisted but at this point in time, it doesn't seem like the list will move anymore, so here I go again!

I didn't apply for RIDE last year, and quite a few people in my interview group didn't either, so you should be fine. From what I remember, they look for people that are a good fit for UWSOD and THEN they consider RIDE applicants.

2nd that. They told me this personally when I visited the campus a few months back.

Yup, I applied last year and got waitlisted but at this point in time, it doesn't seem like the list will move anymore, so here I go again!

I didn't apply for RIDE last year, and quite a few people in my interview group didn't either, so you should be fine. From what I remember, they look for people that are a good fit for UWSOD and THEN they consider RIDE applicants.

2nd that. They told me this personally when I visited the campus a few months back.

Thanks, guys! I just didn't want to come across as someone who didn't care about the under served in rural areas... It sounds like a wonderful program, just not for me.

Can somebody please list the questions/character limits?

I would like to get a head start on them if possible!

Thanks guys and good luck! :)

I got my secondary today too! I'm a Washington resident. I've looked into the RIDE Program quite a bit and you have to get accepted into the UW Dental School and only then will they consider an interest in the RIDE Program. They only take about 8 students a year, so your application should not be weakened at all if you're not interested.

I got my secondary today too! I'm a Washington resident. I've looked into the RIDE Program quite a bit and you have to get accepted into the UW Dental School and only then will they consider an interest in the RIDE Program. They only take about 8 students a year, so your application should not be weakened at all if you're not interested.

I sure hope I get acceptance here because I really want to do the RIDE program!

I just got an interview invite! I still have to submit the secondary within the three week window, but apparently I'm good to go. :D

Interview here as well. Very excited! Good luck to everyone else applying to UW as well.

:confused: really? I never expected this...

Today by email. I just have to call in to the admissions office and schedule a date.

Freak well done. May I ask what your stats are like? And anything that would stand out from the herd?

Freak well done. May I ask what your stats are like? And anything that would stand out from the herd?

3.95 science GPA, 3.96 overall. 23 AA. D1 track athlete. I have quite a bit fewer volunteer and shadowing hours than a lot of people on the forum though. I also live like 10 minutes from the school. I don't know if that plays a role.

3.95 science GPA, 3.96 overall. 23 AA. D1 track athlete. I have quite a bit fewer volunteer and shadowing hours than a lot of people on the forum though. I also live like 10 minutes from the school. I don't know if that plays a role.

UW is a research school. They don't care a whole lot about service unless you are doing the ride program. If you have less than 100 hours of shadowing I'd suggest getting it up there because they'll make you question whether or not you're committed to dentistry with anything less than that (friend was asked that last year because he had 60 hours of shadowing).

Do you have any research exp?

Congrats by the way!

Yep! I've got two years of research in the same lab and a paper that's slowly working its way toward publication.

I see~

Looks like I have little to no hope of getting an early invite. 0 hrs of research here. :/

They have a pretty firm requirement of 100 dental shadowing hours. This is listed on their website as well I believe.

I got my interview offer by email add well. Interviewing in late September. This is just the first batch of invites, so for those of you who are panicking--don't. They may just want to see your supplemental before they invite you, or they may want to fill a few dates up before they send more invites.

I see~

Looks like I have little to no hope of getting an early invite. 0 hrs of research here. :/

I also have 0 hours of research and got an invite today, so don't be discouraged :)

Yep! I've got two years of research in the same lab and a paper that's slowly working its way toward publication.
Tybo2010, congrats on your accomplishments! just curious where did you do your undergrad?

Received an invite today via e-mail also :)

I also have 0 hours of research and got an invite today, so don't be discouraged :)

That makes me feel better. :) But I know your stats are better than mine, so I'm probably in the batch that needs to fill out the supp app before they decide if I'm good for an interview or not.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview today! That's amazing. :)

(... maybe I should get off SDN. After I read your guys' post, I just realized that I checked my email every few minutes like a paranoid freak... o_O)

That makes me feel better. :) But I know your stats are better than mine, so I'm probably in the batch that needs to fill out the supp app before they decide if I'm good for an interview or not.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview today! That's amazing. :)

(... maybe I should get off SDN. After I read your guys' post, I just realized that I checked my email every few minutes like a paranoid freak... o_O)

Im starting at UW next week, I had zero research experience, zero volunteer, very little community service, I had lots of shadow and work experience in the dental field but that's like one out of four. Moral of the story is you wont be overlooked just because of one or two downfalls in your application.

Im starting at UW next week, I had zero research experience, zero volunteer, very little community service, I had lots of shadow and work experience in the dental field but that's like one out of four. Moral of the story is you wont be overlooked just because of one or two downfalls in your application.

*electronic hug*

Thanks, man. :)

How do you pay the supplemental fee? Is it after you receive the invite/supplemental app?

How do you pay the supplemental fee? Is it after you receive the invite/supplemental app?

Yeah, they have a form with the supp app that you have to print out and send with a check.

Did anyone else just receive another "application received" email this morning? It says the same thing as the one I got on July 2.

Yeah I received the duplicate email. I am OOS