****The Official U of Washington Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

yup, I also received another "application recieved" email duplicate email.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there still a chance for those that haven't received interviews who have secondaries to get interviewed?

Have any out of staters received secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, for the secondary, is it just me or does the secondary only allow for ~800 characters to fill in for each essay question?

Is there still a chance for those that haven't received interviews who have secondaries to get interviewed?

I sure hope so, because that's my situation at the moment. (I just got the supplemental application link today.) Anyone else have a better answer to this question?

Got the application received email couple days ago. In stater here (primary completed on 8/30). I really hope I can get in, ADEA handbook shows 1/2 of in staters who apply get interviews (126/242). Fingers crossed! :cool:

Got an invite today! See earlier posts for stats. Also third batch and had to submit the supplemental. In state as well.

Hooray! Good luck to all of you and I hope to meet you guys at the interview!

Edit: my bad, no stats in previous post. On phone now (was so excited I had to post) so will update later with stats. :)

Stats: sGPA is around 3.6, oGPA is around 3.7. DAT is 24/23/22 (AA/TS/PAT). I am in state, applied third batch. Submitted supplemental 8/23 and got the confirmation on 8/28.

Last edited:
Got an invite today! See earlier posts for stats. Also third batch and had to submit the supplemental. In state as well.

Hooray! Good luck to all of you and I hope to meet you guys at the interview!

Edit: my bad, no stats in previous post. On phone now (was so excited I had to post) so will update later with stats. :)

Stats: sGPA is around 3.6, oGPA is around 3.7. DAT is 24/23/22 (AA/TS/PAT). I am in state, applied third batch. Submitted supplemental 8/23 and got the confirmation on 8/28.

What month is your interview? Congrats!

Thanks! I didn't have the opportunity to call in to schedule. I just called in a left a message. I'll come back and let you know as soon as I get it scheduled. :)

Just got the call back and I am scheduled in October. It turns out that's the last day for interviewing though in October. The next openings were in mid-November.
Hope that helped!

I got an interview today for Nov 4th, I wanted to go to the ride program interview day. I'm a 3 year applicant. Go Huskies!

I got an interview today for Nov 4th, I wanted to go to the ride program interview day. I'm a 3 year applicant. Go Huskies!

When did you get your supplemental application confirmation email, if you don't mind my asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Woohoo! Congrats! :)

I got my secondary today too! I'm a Washington resident. I've looked into the RIDE Program quite a bit and you have to get accepted into the UW Dental School and only then will they consider an interest in the RIDE Program. They only take about 8 students a year, so your application should not be weakened at all if you're not interested.

Hi,
I'm D1 from the RIDE program. It's really nice program with a small class size.
We'll have an open house for RIDE program on Oct. 11in spokane. Come check it out, make some good initial connections and show 'em you're serious about the RIDE program. If you guys have any questions regarding to RIDE, feel free to contact me.
Good luck guys

is it even worth the money to apply to UW if you are not from WICHE states?

I'm from Portland, or which is not the part of the wiche. I applied to uw just for fun cuz it's one of my dream schools and got in last year. You never know, if they like you then you're in. ;-)

Anyone else hear from this school? I submitted the seconadary a week back. I'm also a WA resident

I was invited for an interview a couple of days ago! I'm in-state. :)

It's scheduled for December 2nd, which made me nervous because that's the day that decisions come out. However, the admissions officer told me that UW doesn't really follow the timeline of filling up most of the class with pre-December interviews, and that early December is still really good interview timing. Just FYI for any of you who also end up getting scheduled in December!

If I'm out of state and haven't been emailed a secondary application am I pretty much out of the running for U of W? I got duplicate "application received" emails, one in July, and the other in August, but since then I have not heard back from them.

Has anyone that received an interview invite seen a change in their AADSAS status? Mine has been at Received/Under Review since I submitted my app.

Has anyone that received an interview invite seen a change in their AADSAS status? Mine has been at Received/Under Review since I submitted my app.

I have an interview and it hasnt changed. Some schools dont really use the AADSAS status like UW. 5 of my schools dont even show up on the school decisions page

I have an interview and it hasnt changed. Some schools dont really use the AADSAS status like UW. 5 of my schools dont even show up on the school decisions page

Thanks! Just wondering since they said they would make changes through AADSAS for any offers... According to last years thread, that seems like it will be the case. Hopefully they stick to that this year as well.

I'm also scheduled for an interview on Nov 4th. Do you know if that day is only for people interested in the RIDE program? I told admissions that I was interested in the UW campus.

I'm also scheduled for an interview on Nov 4th. Do you know if that day is only for people interested in the RIDE program? I told admissions that I was interested in the UW campus.

You're going to have some people mixed in from both worlds. At my interview, there was only one guy interested in RIDE. Admissions staff said they try their best to have designated days for RIDE, but it doesn't always work out. They also said they had another interview session where everyone but two interviewees were interested in RIDE.
Don't worry about it.

I was told by Kathleen that nov 4th was only for the ride people. I'll be there nov 4th!

Has anyone had any trouble with receiving an "application received" email? Submitted mine to AADSAS 8/3 and my DAT scores 8/27. Still no e-mail from UWSOD :confused:

This is an out of the blue question, but is anyone aware of the classroom dress code for UW, or if there is one? I know that clinical attire is either business casual or scrubs, but what about when you attend lecture? Should have asked the students there during my interview, but totally forgot.

Hey y3nd0

How was the interview experience there?

This is an out of the blue question, but is anyone aware of the classroom dress code for UW, or if there is one? I know that clinical attire is either business casual or scrubs, but what about when you attend lecture? Should have asked the students there during my interview, but totally forgot.

When a few of the first year students came and visited us during our break, I noticed that they were all in regular street clothes and headed to class after visiting with us. So no dress code would be my best guess.

Hey y3nd0

How was the interview experience there?

It was good! Low stress and enjoyable interviewers.

When a few of the first year students came and visited us during our break, I noticed that they were all in regular street clothes and headed to class after visiting with us. So no dress code would be my best guess.

Thanks! :) I noticed that too but wasn't sure if they were just heading out to study.

hey guys have you guys heard anything after interview?

No dress code for lecture. There is clinic attire for days you work in the sim lab (scrubs).

I was invited for an interview a couple of days ago! I'm in-state. :)

It's scheduled for December 2nd, which made me nervous because that's the day that decisions come out. However, the admissions officer told me that UW doesn't really follow the timeline of filling up most of the class with pre-December interviews, and that early December is still really good interview timing. Just FYI for any of you who also end up getting scheduled in December!
I can confirm this. I interviewed on December 3rd last year and myself and at least 3 others from that day got in. There could have been even more who just chose to go elsewhere.

status changed here to "check back"...anyone else?

status changed here to "check back"...anyone else?
Mine too.......... NERVOUS!!! My heart skipped a beat. Guess that means we will definitely be getting a decision regarding our app in a few more days...!

@tbond5

It's the "Check back on December 2nd" thing. Did you get that change in AADSAS?

Anyone else that interviewed get that change?

Mine too.......... NERVOUS!!! My heart skipped a beat. Guess that means we will definitely be getting a decision regarding our app in a few more days...!

@tbond5

It's the "Check back on December 2nd" thing. Did you get that change in AADSAS?

Anyone else that interviewed get that change?

I interviewed nov 4th and did not get a change.

I interviewed nov 4th and did not get a change.

I see... I interviewed mid-October. I guess we can only wait and see what that status change could mean. Can't be a waitlist since they don't form that until all acceptances go out - so offer made or application denied. Will come back with news (hopefully good) on Monday!

I got in!!!! Status changed to "offer made" this morning.

Reactions: 1 user