****The Official U of Washington Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

My portal status changed on dec 1st to offer made but havent receive any call or email? Is this normal? Hoping its not a computer glitch...
I got a call a few hours after I saw the portal change so I would give them a call idk

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an email or packet in the mail after getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Just a quick question, does UW have a minimal GPA you have to get in each class after being accepted? I'm still taking some pre-reqs and wonder if there's a cutoff for the grades you get from now on. It would be good to know :)
I know that some other schools have a 3.0 cutoff for each class...

Unfortunately got the rejection today :/. Does anyone know who I can email to ask about what I can improve on my application, or what they thought was lacking?

Still waiting to hear from UW. It would be AMAZING to get accepted here in my home state! Portal still says "invited for interview." Does anyone know when they send out more acceptances (when does AdCom meet again)? And are all the seats taken?

Wait, so there will be no more offers given until Januray 4th, if people decide not to attend?

Wait, so there will be no more offers given until Januray 4th, if people decide not to attend?
The class is far from being decided. There will be more offers made, there will be more people who decide on other schools, and there will be one more round of interviews in January I believe.

Unfortunately got the rejection today :/. Does anyone know who I can email to ask about what I can improve on my application, or what they thought was lacking?
I would suggest contacting Sue, or just calling the admissions office in general. They can direct you.

Does anyone know when the next round of offers will be given?

They are still going to have one interview session in January (don't know the date). My guess is that they might contact us around February with good news and bad news can come any time.
If you have any other offers just pay the deposit and hope for the best, at least that's what I'm doing. Last year UW was the only school that I applied to and waiting was a real torture.
Btw I contacted them after rejection last year on what to improve for the next cycle and improved significantly in those areas. As you can see I'm not accepted, at least not yet;)
I think what they are looking for is to build a body of a class from a diverse group of individuals and everyone of us occupies a particular niche (white male, Asian female, athlete, veteran, etc.).
Your chances are dependent on the pool of applicants that occupy the same niche as you do and every cycle it is different. The factor of luck plays a significant role in this process. That is the way I see it, however, I might be wrong.
We all want to stay around our family and pay less for the education in one of the best schools in the nation, unfortunately, it's not always the case.
Have a backup plan and hope for the best :bow:.
Good luck

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying that my application is still being considered, however, they are holding all open positions until after interviews in January. So there is still hope!! And We can relax for at least a month or so!

Hi guys,

I am a third time applicant. I have 3.5 GPA, 24 AA 26 TS 26 PAT 20 RC 21 QR and lots of extra curricular activity experiences. I got rejected yesterday. I didn't receive email or any letter from UW, but I checked the portal. I tried to improve each time I got rejected. I asked them what could be the area of improvement, made my application look better and improved myself as a person. However, I guess a luck is a luck. I would have to accept this. I really wanted to go to UW. I could've gone to NYU in the first year applying to dental schools, but I turned down the offer because I was kind of confident that I could get into UW with the stats I have. Now I am waiting to hear from other schools.

So, what I want to tell you guys is that if you don't care about applying for a couple years more then go ahead. However, that's not promising. You might not be able to get a result you want. I would have to say that if you get accepted to some schools that year then just pick one and go.

I wish you guys the best luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an email about my application still being considered. I wonder how many positions are still open. I hope to hear back from them late January.

Thanks for sharing @bjw623. Some doors close for others to open, and as much as we'd like an acceptance, a rejection shouldn't define who we are! I wish you the best wherever you end up

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still being considered, it's not over yet!!!:soexcited:
It's really nice of them to send this message, helps to relieve the waiting anxiety:nailbiting:

Hey so for the folks that were accepted, do we do the background check from Certiphi from ADEA or does UW have their own system for background checking?

Hey so for the folks that were accepted, do we do the background check from Certiphi from ADEA or does UW have their own system for background checking?
You do it with certiphi from adea! And the max they'll charge you is $150 unless you're from new york in which case the max they could charge you is $250. For me, they charged $95. So the price is different per person.

Hello everyone! Once again I am a first year at UW, congrats to those of you who have heard back! As I have mentioned previously, I will be managing the class Facebook page until your class officers are established, and so if you have decided on UW, and sent in your deposit, please PM me with your information and I can add you! That way you can start to get to know your classmates and get updates on exciting things like the Welcome BBQ in the Spring and such. Happy Holidays!

Also, I understand that deposits are not being requested right away, as it was in years passed. As such, please let me know if you have sent in paperwork that indicates you accept UW's offer. Thanks everyone!

Just out of curiosity, what were the tuition cost figures discussed during interviews this year?

They did not talk money this year. A piece of paper was given with some numbers that are not final, even those were not low:)
From what I've seen so far UW is not the cheapest in state school for sure. From what they gave us I estimated roughly that 2020 class would come out around 400K each (all inclusive).

I am interviewing in the January group & I was hoping someone who has interviewed here could give me more information on how the interview was for them, questions/scenarios they asked (if you remember) and what to expect for the MMI format in general. It's my first dental school interview and I've never had an MMI one before so I'm not too sure how to prepare or what to expect going in. Thanks!

I am interviewing in the January group & I was hoping someone who has interviewed here could give me more information on how the interview was for them, questions/scenarios they asked (if you remember) and what to expect for the MMI format in general. It's my first dental school interview and I've never had an MMI one before so I'm not too sure how to prepare or what to expect going in. Thanks!

"Because it's MMI, we are not allowed to disclose what specific questions were asked. I will say that they are impossible to prepare for, and also impossible to "fail." Everyone is in the same boat as you. I believe that the purpose of MMI is to level the playing field for all the applicants, regardless of stats/background info."

We signed a paper that we will not disclose the content of the interview. It is a typical MMI without any surprises.
What is the date of January interview?

Oh I had no idea you couldn't disclose anything! Thank you!

We signed a paper that we will not disclose the content of the interview. It is a typical MMI without any surprises.
What is the date of January interview?

It is January 22 & 23!

They did not talk money this year. A piece of paper was given with some numbers that are not final, even those were not low:)
From what I've seen so far UW is not the cheapest in state school for sure. From what they gave us I estimated roughly that 2020 class would come out around 400K each (all inclusive).
The UWSOD catalyst page now lists the projected costs and your estimates are not that far off...

The UWSOD catalyst page now lists the projected costs and your estimates are not that far off...

$400k, even with in-state tuition? I guess I don't feel so bad about the private school I attend and the tuition I pay since it's right on par with UW.

Considering annual increases it's going to be very close to 400K. Almost like a private school. Do they offer scholarships? Has anyone been offered one?

Considering annual increases it's going to be very close to 400K. Almost like a private school. Do they offer scholarships? Has anyone been offered one?
Scholarships are extremely rare if offered at all. Usually you can apply for some small scholarships in 2,3,4 years but they're small and not guaranteed to get one.

Wasted my application here :(. From NY and applied end of July. So sad because I've always loved this school.

Where can you get information about scholarships, even the mini ones as a incoming D1? I mean I have a year off so might as well apply for scholarships.

Where can you get information about scholarships, even the mini ones as a incoming D1? I mean I have a year off so might as well apply for scholarships.
There was no info provided to us like I said most of them are in D2, 3, 4 unless you happen to get one through the school which is just awarded to you and I haven't personally heard of but I'm sure probably happens on the rare occasion. You can probably Google health profession scholarships or email Carol brown for more info. Maybe one of my fellow classmates can chime in here with more information for you guys I just remember like no options short of the HPSP scholarship hah

Yeah, I am not really aware of any that are offered through the school at all. Your best bet would be to contact Carol Brown, search for general scholarships (every but helps), and/or if you are planning on going into the public health sector anyway, the HPSP scholarship.

Just got accepted:soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed with the first group in October

I interviewed with the first group in October
congrats man! Ya I interviewed in November, curious to see if they'll roll out more acceptances now or wait to February like they said in the "still considered" email

I didn't expect to hear from them until February. It was quite a pleasant surprise:banana:
Wish you all best of luck.
I'm off to enjoy life until the 4-year marathon starts.

Just got accepted:soexcited:
Congrats! I'll be seeing you in July!

Were you waitlisted? Or did you just not hear on Dec 1? I'm asking for a friend who's still waiting for a decision from UW.

Congrats! I'll be seeing you in July!

Were you waitlisted? Or did you just not hear on Dec 1? I'm asking for a friend who's still waiting for a decision from UW.
No waitlist. I received a still-in-consideration email at the beginning of December. They said that the admissions committee had a meeting on 14th and they made decisions. I guess they decided to fill some spots after a few people decided not to accept Dec 1st offers. There is still a good chance for your friend, the last interview hasn't happened yet and a waitlist isn't formed.
Is there a facebook page for 2020?

Anyone know when the next round of offers go out and when the adcom usually meets? I know the last interviews were on the 22nd (I interviewed in November).