****The Official U of Washington Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

It may typically be 15, but I'm certain there has already been some movement. Last year I was initially at #17 or 18 on the waitlist, but I found out later that applicants had already withdrawn their name from the list, so I was added late relative to other people. IIRC I moved up to #10 by June. They may put 20-25 on the waitlist in total, but if you're one of the first 10 then you have an excellent chance of being offered an acceptance.

It isn't clear to me: did you get off the waitlist last year? And choose to attend a different school?

Appreciate your information and answers btw it's helping me make my decisions regarding my other matriculation opportunities.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It isn't clear to me: did you get off the waitlist last year? And choose to attend a different school?

Appreciate your information and answers btw it's helping me make my decisions regarding my other matriculation opportunities.

I never got off the waitlist. I do know someone that started off at about #9 and was offered admission, but it was fairly late in the cycle (around May?). That's why I said if you are in the top 10 then you have a pretty good chance of being offered a seat.

Got a email stating I am on the alternate list. The position is not known but I want to call tomorrow and get more information.

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I just called! Sue told me exactly this: "you are in a very very very good spot on the waitlist..." So apparently they are not allowed to tell you what position...which I thought was a little weird. Then I asked can you give me a ball park range and she said "your differently in the top 10!!!!" This just made my day! She also mentioned how I might be getting a call hopefully soon! Anyways, I don't want to get my hopes up, but this was the best news so far!

Reactions: 1 users
I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I just called! Sue told me exactly this: "you are in a very very very good spot on the waitlist..." So apparently they are not allowed to tell you what position...which I thought was a little weird. Then I asked can you give me a ball park range and she said "your differently in the top 10!!!!" This just made my day! She also mentioned how I might be getting a call hopefully soon! Anyways, I don't want to get my hopes up, but this was the best news so far!
Congratulations! That is excellent news. That is definitely strange that they can't share your position on the waitlist? I haven't heard anything back & I never received a rejection letter or had a change in my portal status so I wonder what that means Still holding on to hope... Haha

Good luck I'm in the same boat!

Portal changed this morning to wait listed.

Congratulations! That is excellent news. That is definitely strange that they can't share your position on the waitlist? I haven't heard anything back & I never received a rejection letter or had a change in my portal status so I wonder what that means Still holding on to hope... Haha

I suspect they have two pools of candidates. Preferred alternates, like Andrey9111, that are desired for specific reasons and will be given offers if at all possible and then people actually waitlisted that the admissions people are effectively indifferent about admitting. The quotes/language Andrey quotes in his posts are a lot different in tone than my interactions with the admissions people.

Congrats Andrey! I've appreciated your updates.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten any updates recently?

I think the adcom meets Thursday's and gives news Friday's :/ desperately waiting to hear anything :(
I haven't heard anything yet. Are you sure they meet on Thursdays? Is that what they told you? I only say this because you mentioned "I think" so I wasn't sure.

Just got an email stating that I'm on the alternate list! Some may be disappointed by news like this but I'm just happy to make it this far! Now to try & find out where I sit on the list...

I spoke too soon, I just got an email that I am also on the alternate list! Very grateful to still be considered!

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate listed as well. Next cycle better watch out!

Alternate listed as well. Next cycle better watch out!
Do you guys know your rank? When I called they couldn't tell me. I was wondering if you guys could maybe call and see where you guys stand.

Do you guys know your rank? When I called they couldn't tell me. I was wondering if you guys could maybe call and see where you guys stand.
My email stated that there is an order to the list. I emailed, asking for my spot

My email stated that there is an order to the list. I emailed, asking for my spot
I found out 2 weeks ago I was on the wait list and I called as soon as I knew...which was really late in the day and sue told me she couldn't tell me what spot I was.

I found out 2 weeks ago I was on the wait list and I called as soon as I knew...which was really late in the day and sue told me she couldn't tell me what spot I was.
I saw your post about that so when I emailed her about my position I asked if, first, she could tell me what my position is. If not that, at least where I am in relation to top, middle or bottom. We will see if she gives me any hint. Maybe now that the waitlist is formed she can give that information to us? I'll let you know if she gives me any info.

I saw your post about that so when I emailed her about my position I asked if, first, she could tell me what my position is. If not that, at least where I am in relation to top, middle or bottom. We will see if she gives me any hint. Maybe now that the waitlist is formed she can give that information to us? I'll let you know if she gives me any info.
Sounds good;) I hope she replies soon! And good luck!

Ahhhhh!!!! I just got the call!!! So I was number 1 on the waitlist and a spot just opened! I am beyond excited! I will be attending and can't wait to start! Did not get into ride but Sue said if a spot does open I will be considered! Good luck to everyone and hope this information helps those who are still waiting (waitlist has moved one spot...and honestly the wait is worth it!!!) Go huskies!

Reactions: 2 users
Ahhhhh!!!! I just got the call!!! So I was number 1 on the waitlist and a spot just opened! I am beyond excited! I will be attending and can't wait to start! Did not get into ride but Sue said if a spot does open I will be considered! Good luck to everyone and hope this information helps those who are still waiting (waitlist has moved one spot...and honestly the wait is worth it!!!) Go huskies!
Does any one the Facebook link?

Congrats!!!

Did she get back to you at all?

I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if UW is nice about telling you why they rejected you. Now that the cycle is way over, they should have more time I assume to answer something like this. I know some schools don't give you any feedback or are very vague. Any information on this would be great! Thanks.

So it's been a long time since I wrote on here, but I just wanted to give you guys an update on our current class on facebook. So during the past couple of weeks, some new people (about 5) were added, and right now we are at 61 members in the class. Of course, this might not include the other few that might not have a facebook account etc. but I honestly think the waitlist has moved based on how people are joining the facebook page. Anyways, good luck to the rest of you still waiting and I wish you all the best!