The official UAB class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread

csoccer3636

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for UAB yet so I thought I would start one. I just received a phone call and am interviewing on August 6th! Is anyone else interviewing on this date? Has anyone heard anything about UAB's interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I received a call today and was given the option of interviewing on July 30 or August 13! I looked on the interview feedback portion of SDN and it appears that the interview is laid back!

I received a call today and was given the option of interviewing on July 30 or August 13! I looked on the interview feedback portion of SDN and it appears that the interview is laid back!

Do they offer you the interview dates over the phone and you have to chose right then or how does it work? Just want to be prepared:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they offer you the interview dates over the phone and you have to chose right then or how does it work? Just want to be prepared:)

She told me July 30, but I have a final that day, so I'm trying to re-schedule my exam. If not, she said the next available date was August 13. She did want me to let her know ASAP though! hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user
Have any of you guys received a supplemental from UAB already ?

Yea I got it in the mail on Monday but haven't sent it back yet. (I submitted my application on June 24, it was verified June 26, and sent out July 7)

Are you in-state or out of state for UAB?

I received and returned the supplemental by mail! Also, I'm officially interviewing on July 30! YAY!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my call! Interview scheduled for 8/13! I am so excited!!

Interview on 8/20! :) can't make the 8/13 one..

Last edited:
seems extremely quiet here...

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that are in-state and got interviews, would you mind posting your GPA and DAT scores? Thanks in advance.

My interview date is on October 8,2014.
This is the school that I really want to get accepted!!!
I feel really nervous about interview!!!
Good luck everyone..

Last edited:
My interview date is on October 8,2014.
This is the school that I really want to get accepted!!!
I feel really nervous about interview!!!
Good luck everyone..

School: University of Alabama
Notification date:8/22/14
Method of notification: Phone call
GPA(science, overall):4.00, 3.96
DAT(AA):21
I finished my supplementary application on August 6,2014.

In state or out of state?

I'm from Georgia!!

Last edited:
I am from out of state. Like you see from my profile, I am from Georgia!!

Wow. Yeah, I totally didn't pay attention to your username or I would've already knew that.

Interviewing October 15th!
Busy week of interviews ahead of me UK 10/9, Louisville 10/13, UAB 10/15. Starting to get pretty nervous

School: The University of Alabama
GPA: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/below 17): 21/22/23/21/NONE

:) Interviewing here on October 21st! Just got the call today! I cannot wait to see the school.

University of Alabama
GPAo 3.52
GPAs 3.44

DAT AA/TS/PAT : 21/20/19
In-State
Interview on November 5th

For anyone that's already interviewed: What was the interview like? What kind of questions did they ask?

University of Alabama
GPAo 3.52
GPAs 3.44

DAT AA/TS/PAT : 21/20/19
In-State
Interview on November 5th

For anyone that's already interviewed: What was the interview like? What kind of questions did they ask?

IT WAS AWESOME. I'm dying to get accepted to this school. They asked me specific questions about me and my application. Just be yourself.

I'm from UGA and just had my interview on Nov, 5th. I had a blast and can't wait for December 1st.

Just had mine yesterday. The interview was professional but they also made an effort to make it as non-intimidating and relaxing as possible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

I just had my interview on Nov. 12. I am a bit different from all the other applicants because I am applying via the DMD/PhD program at UAB. However, their interview was very relaxed. Dr. Filler was more concerned about who you are and whether you are who you say you are. The head of the PhD program started asking me about shadowing, research, and just academic stuff mainly. The best advice I can give to anyone who is having an interview at UAB SOD is to be themselves. I was very nervous when I went in but after 30 seconds or a minute, I was so relaxed because of the atmosphere. This interview has, by far, been the most comfortable and most informing interviews I had been to.

I'd also like to know the answer to Predent's question. I submitted my online application pretty late.

Got to call at 7:35! So happy... speechless guys

I'm in too!!! they just call me at 10:30
I am super excited!!!

I'm in!! got the call this morning!!

GOt my call yesterday! Facebook group most def!!

Does anyone know when our deposits are due?

No idea. I got a call 7:27 am saying I got accepted to the DMD/PhD program. That was all...nothing about deposits so I am waiting for an official letter to be sent.

I'm not sure if there is any Facebook group.

I just missed a call from a Birmingham number and when I tried to call it back, it rang and then had a long beep instead of a voicemail. Do you guys think this could have been UAB? If anyone else missed a call from them, how long did they wait before they tried to call again?

I just missed a call from a Birmingham number and when I tried to call it back, it rang and then had a long beep instead of a voicemail. Do you guys think this could have been UAB? If anyone else missed a call from them, how long did they wait before they tried to call again?
205-934-3387? :)

When I got my acceptance call, the number was blocked, (I didn't miss the first call though). Further communications with him however were from that number I listed, sooooo I believe it could still be UAB!! fingers-crossed for you!...BTW the number I listed Cindy answered and she transferred me to Dr. Filler so yeah.....

No idea. I got a call 7:27 am saying I got accepted to the DMD/PhD program. That was all...nothing about deposits so I am waiting for an official letter to be sent.

I'm not sure if there is any Facebook group.

I haven't seen a FB group, does someone want to start one?

Anyone have any idea when the next round of acceptances are going out?

PredentUndergrad, I can confirm that UAB does interviews in December. I got a call about an interview (scheduled 2 weeks from now) today.

Does UAB show up on everyone's AADSAS? I interviewed with them but their name has never shown up on my AADSAS.

Ok I didn't see UAB on the Certiphi list. ..is there a background check that they require through another agency?

Ok I didn't see UAB on the Certiphi list. ..is there a background check that they require through another agency?
I'm sure they would let us know if they really did require a background check through another agency.

Rejected today w/o an interview. OOS AA20/TS21/PAT20

Last edited: