The official UAB class of 2019 interview/acceptance thread

OMG!! I am an out of state applicant. The school offers me 20,000 dollar scholaship for every year. I cannot be more happy.

Reactions: 2 users
OMG!! I am an out of state applicant. The school offers me 20,000 dollar scholaship for every year. I cannot be more happy.
that's awesome! Congrats!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I have my second acceptance from UAB :X Why did everyone choose UAB vs. another school?

No I had my DMD/PhD acceptance on Dec. 1 and DMD acceptance on Jan. 7.

I guess second round acceptances went out Jan. 7th then? I know of someone else (who interviewed with me) that got accepted yesterday as well. I'm not really sure what that means for me...

I did not. I interviewed in mid December.

Dang...nice! You should get accepted. Was your application completed late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any in state people been notified of rejection? Also, how long with they continue to interview??

Has anyone that has been accepted (via phone call) received their letter yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You should receive it the next day if you live in Birmingham area. For other cities, give 2-3 days. For out of state...not sure.

I am a recent UAB grad and congrats to everyone who has been accepted. If you choose to attend UAB, I may be able to help you take the stress out of finding a nice place to live. I have a condo at Highland Plaza (Five Points area) that I plan to sell. It's in a safe/beautiful building with a gym, indoor pool, and party room. The studio unit is immaculate -- furnished, freshly painted and comes with a reserved parking space in a gated lot. If you would like to buy it, with 5% down, principal and interest payments would only be about $650/mo. (with a 15 year loan). If you are interested, please feel free to contact me directly. [email protected]

Just got a rejection letter in the mail, OOS.

Hey guys. For those who are waitlisted...why do you want to go to UAB?

I have acceptance from both U Penn and UAB and am having difficulty deciding which is better.

Hey guys. For those who are waitlisted...why do you want to go to UAB?

I have acceptance from both U Penn and UAB and am having difficulty deciding which is better.
One of my reasons is that it's my state school. It's also a really good school. Are you IS or OOS?

I got accepted off of the IS waitlist this morning.

hey guys...how did you hear about the school UAB?
From my orthodontist, he did not graduated from UAB but he highly recommend me to apply UAB. UAb has a great reputation, nice clinic and friendly atmosphere. I also could see that from my interview. I feel really great about making right choice for the school.

I'm going to be interviewing there on 8/05 and was wondering if anyone had any advice, etc. I checked the survey and many have said that the interview is fairly stress-free, which is nice, but I just wanted to get some additional input on questions y'all might have had since there was only 1 post from 2014 I think. Thanks in advance!

If you have any low grades, they're going to ask you about them. It's fairly similar to all other interviews but they'll point out the elephant in the room. For instance, I had a really good DAT but an average gpa and Dr. Filled just flat out said "You're gpa and DAT scores don't match, why is that?"
They do take a bit of effort to make it as relaxing as possible. So don't worry too much about it

If you have any low grades, they're going to ask you about them. It's fairly similar to all other interviews but they'll point out the elephant in the room. For instance, I had a really good DAT but an average gpa and Dr. Filled just flat out said "You're gpa and DAT scores don't match, why is that?"
They do take a bit of effort to make it as relaxing as possible. So don't worry too much about it

Ok thanks! According to the survey most people said the interview is only 30-40 minutes. Is it really that short?