****The Official UAB Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

El Dentistador

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is applying to UAB? :) I received a letter in the mail yesterday containing a supplementary application. How many others here have received anything? As far as I know they only send them out to applicants they are seriously considering for interview.

Best wishes to all the applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing at UAB tomorrow! Got invited for an interview 3 days after I sent my supplemental back.

Awesome! Congrats! I hope your interview goes well. Three days is fast. Hopefully I'll have this supplemental mailed out by tomorrow :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no word back from my alma mater. What batch were ya'll? Ugh, one of my top choices doesnt seem to want me! Lol

I just joined this, but I also am interviewing with UAB tomorrow! See ya there!

Has anyone taken notice there is a lot of outdated information present in the UAB School of Dentistry website? For example their section covering Research has empty tabs and provides information for events dated back in 2009 and 2010.

It was great! Very laid back and enjoyable

Had an interview this past week! It went very well. UAB is very welcoming and the interview was not intimidating at all!

Hi all. May I ask those that had an interview here which hotel you stayed at and how was it? Also, I am thinking of just flying there, going in the interview, then returning within the same day. Not sure if thats a good idea. Any advice? :confused:

@baongoctv I'm actually from there so I stayed with family. You could definitely fly out that night but it might be rough arriving that morning for the interview/tour. I know I would be pretty exhausted. Good luck!

baongoctv, I had an interview at UAB and I'm from Mississippi. I drove up the night before and stayed overnight at the Springhill Suites by Mariott. It was a very nice hotel. It was also nice to get a good night of sleep and not have to rush in the morning before my interview since the dental school was no more than 4 minutes away (it's actually even in walking distance, but I wouldn't walk if I were you since you probably want to look your best when you get to the interview). It's close enough to walk if you had to, but also enough of a walk to work up a sweat in business attire.

Since the Springhill Suites have a connection with UAB, we actually got a small discount just for mentioning that I was there for an interview at UAB.

Good luck! Don't be nervous! Everyone there is so laid back, and it's obvious that they want you to be comfortable and to do well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all for your help. I feel better now :D. I'm glad to hear that the interview is laid back. Hopefully, everything will be ok.

I was lucky enough to interview here and absolutely loved the school! The entire day was such a great experience, you felt like they really wanted you to attend their school and it was more a get to know your personality and less of an interrogation. Also, Dr. Filler was really accommodating for those who had flights/long drives home and adjusted the interview order. I'm hoping for good news December 2 :) Good luck to everyone who applied!

I finally got my supplement and Im taking it as a good news =)
anyways, it asked my SAT/ACT score which I dont remember.
How did you guys remember your score??

and, how long did yall take to hear from UAB after you turn in your supplement?

A couple days from the time I submitted the secondary

I sent my suppliment about 10 days ago and received an email that they cashed my check this monday.
And now im getting anxious.... check my phone literally right after I get up

How did you guys here back from UAB for interview? calls? mails?
Thanks =)
send me good lucks that yall had with UAB to me =) thank you :naughty::love:

I sent my suppliment about 10 days ago and received an email that they cashed my check this monday.
And now im getting anxious.... check my phone literally right after I get up

How did you guys here back from UAB for interview? calls? mails?
Thanks =)
send me good lucks that yall had with UAB to me =) thank you :naughty::love:
Phone call.

I interviewed yesterday and was really impressed with everything. Good luck.

So... yall who received interviews, are yall instate or OOS?
I just dont get why it takes so much for them to review my app.... im instate student tho.
I thought i would easily get an invite but it ismlittle tough :mad::confused:

Ms. Cindy Edwards just called me and offered me an interview!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG I literally screamed and asked if she was serious :p
My top choic =) my hands are shaking , cant even type..
but I will have an interview on Oct. 30th!

Ms. Cindy Edwards just called me and offered me an interview!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMG I literally screamed and asked if she was serious :p
My top choic =) my hands are shaking , cant even type..
but I will have an interview on Oct. 30th!

Congrats : ) I know this is a big moment of relief and joy for you : )

Hi everyone! I am a first year dental student at UAB right now and I remember being in your shoes last year, anxious and impatient. And on top of that, I felt clueless on the whole admissions process and what to expect. So, I just wanted to offer my help to anyone if you have any questions. Feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer anything about the school, admissions process, surrounding area, faculty body, etc.

Also, in response to a couple of the questions here... The website management is definitely not a strong suit of the program haha. That is actually something that has frustrated me ever since I began researching the school as a future applicant. I think it looks unprofessional to prospective applicants and reflects poorly upon the school. But be assured, that is quite possibly the ONLY negative of this program. I am proud to be a student here and have nearly nothing but good things to say.

As for a good place to shack up for the night when you come for the interview, the Doubletree by Hilton is the closest as it's literally across the street from the school. My other suggestion would be the Courtyard Birmingham Downtown which is only a few blocks away (easy walk, which is very beneficial because the parking situation can be pretty frustrating). You could also try SpringHill Suites but it is going to be a little further away (but still walkable).

Like I said earlier, feel free to ask any questions if you have any. I have midterms this week so I might be a little slow to respond but I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I wish you all the best. Just know that if you have been invited for an interview, the admissions committee is serious about you and you have a good shot at being selected for a spot in the class. Also, the interview (like some others have already mentioned) is extremely laid-back and they honestly do their best to make you feel comfortable. So try not to be too nervous!!!

how long did it take for your application to process on AADSAS and for you to receive the supplemental application?

Just got my acceptance call from Dr. Filler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Filler called at 7:20am!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't be Happier!!!!!

Does anyone know if they are still making calls?

Nope. I called today and they have already called people they made decisions on.

So, does that mean that they already filled the entire upcoming class?

Does UAB show up on your AADSAS school decisions page? Mine doesn't so just wondering if that's unusual. Thanks!

No,
Does UAB show up on your AADSAS school decisions page? Mine doesn't so just wondering if that's unusual. Thanks!

No, it does not show up on my AADSAS school decisions page either!!!

No but I didn't ask. They would prob tell you. I called another school and she told me the exact number.

I called yesterday and asked if I had been put on a waiting list or been rejected and she put me on hold for about 3 min and came back and said "all I can tell you is that your application is still being reviewed by the committee." I'm not sure what that means though.

For those of you have been accepted can you post your GPA and DAT scores (maybe major(s) too)? It would be so much appreciated!

20 DAT AA
3.97 GPA
Chemistry major
I've worked in a dental office for the past three summers, which seemed to be what they were most interested in during my interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.96 GPA, 20 AA, 22 PA. Majored in bio sciences and business admin. Excited for next year!:)

Has anyone received an acceptance package yet, or is it just a letter? Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Any other Floridians planning to attend UAB? :)

Just received a call for an interview! January 15th!! I'm pumped. Any advice for a newbie? I applied relatively late and my stats are lower than most. GPA: 3.29 DAT: 20AA. I have good extracurriculars and a strong upward trend in my grades. Any tips would be great! Thanks :)

Just received a call for an interview! January 15th!! I'm pumped. Any advice for a newbie? I applied relatively late and my stats are lower than most. GPA: 3.29 DAT: 20AA. I have good extracurriculars and a strong upward trend in my grades. Any tips would be great! Thanks :)

That's fantastic! Are you in state or OOS? Anyone know if they are still interviewing OOS? Didn't mean to hijack.... BUT CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks :) I honestly didn't expect it. I'm in state thankfully.