****The Official UAB Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

UAB received my supplemental and money on 8/10 and I haven't heard anything since. Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.81, DAT 23AA....... I am in state (AL) and am worried since I haven't heard anything yet! I think my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet (my school takes forever to do this....). Do you think that is the reason that I haven't received a call for an interview or anything?!?! I submitted more applications to 3 more schools today because I am freaking out! haha
Haha I'm in the exact same situation except my letters are in. Same GPA, same DAT, no interview. I'm hoping I didn't mess up something on the supplemental :/ Maybe they're just backed up right now

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed at UAB and can pass on some of the info that I learned while there...

They only interview about 8 people at a time, once a week, almost every week (excluding Holidays, weeks with meetings etc), they break the interview groups into Out of State and In State. Mine was Out of state 4 males and 4 females...

We were told only about 1/4 of students receive supplemental apps, 1/2 of those are interviewed and 1/2 of those are accepted, as far as the break down of IS and OS, I don't know.. just what I saw on Doc Toothache's spreadsheet...

As far as the school and interview.. everything was laid back, very welcoming and questions were straight forward!

Reactions: 4 users
Still havent heard back with a supplementary i'm OOS. its mostly a backup school for me. I got the email that it was under review and they'll send my supplementary in late june. kinda concerned

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite yesterday. They took about 10 days to extend the interview after they received the supplementary. I was very worried they rejected me - thought I'd ease someone's mind. OOS

Got an interview invite yesterday. They took about 10 days to extend the interview after they received the supplementary. I was very worried they rejected me - thought I'd ease someone's mind. OOS

When they got your supplementary did they send a confirmation email or anything along those lines?

I just got my supplemental application on Aug 2. I've submitted it the very next day. It is my understanding that not everyone is asked for a supplemental application....only those that can be seriously considered. My GPA and DAT aren't has high as most of yours. I'm assuming that my experience, credentials, and letters of recommendation have alot to do with me getting asked to return a supplemental. Thoughts???

I just got my supplemental application on Aug 2. I've submitted it the very next day. It is my understanding that not everyone is asked for a supplemental application....only those that can be seriously considered. My GPA and DAT aren't has high as most of yours. I'm assuming that my experience, credentials, and letters of recommendation have alot to do with me getting asked to return a supplemental. Thoughts???

Are you OOS or IS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Been about a month since I sent back my supplemental and haven't heard anything. Based on everyone else here, I'm losing hope :/

Been about a month since I sent back my supplemental and haven't heard anything. Based on everyone else here, I'm losing hope :/
You have the stats and everything. I haven't heard a lot of recent interviews lately so you will be okay. Don't lose hope

You have the stats and everything. I haven't heard a lot of recent interviews lately so you will be okay. Don't lose hope
I know. That's why I'm losing hope :( I'm scared I wrote something wrong on the supplemental? I don't even know now...

Just got an email stating that my fees has been received. What do you guys think about my stats? Do I have chance?

Minority and Alabama resident
BCP GPA - 3.62
Total GPA - 3.39
Research experience of more than 2 years.
Shadowing still in progress, so far 40+ hrs.
DAT scores - PAT 20/ QR 15 / RC 17/ Bio 19/ GC 19/ OC 18/ TS 18/ AA 18.
Volunteer & Community services: Research for 1 semester, veterans donation camp, & temple.
Application mailed out - 08/29

Ahhh I just got the call!! So happy! For anyone wondering, Ms. Edwards said the committee didn't meet last week and they are currently meeting now, so more invites should be on the way!

Reactions: 2 users
What's the average wait time to hear if you get an interview after returning your supplemental?

What's the average wait time to hear if you get an interview after returning your supplemental?
Took me over a month I think! I was getting very worried based on how fast everyone else seemed to get interviews. I think it all depends on when the committee meets, which doesn't seem to be every week.

Just got my call today!! Interviewing in October! Also got an email from Georgia Regents for interview next week!! It finally happened!!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my call today!! Interviewing in October! Also got an email from Georgia Regents for interview next week!! It finally happened!!! :)
Are you IS or OOS? If you don't mind me asking what are your stats? Because Ive applied to GRU but haven't heard anything back from them.

I got a call today with my rescheduled date! If you're going October 21, I'll see you there! :)

For anyone that already interviewed, do you remember approximately what time everything ended? I'm assuming like 2 or 3pm?

Are you IS or OOS? If you don't mind me asking what are your stats? Because Ive applied to GRU but haven't heard anything back from them.
I am OOS for Georgia. I'm pretty sure I did horrible on my supplemental but thankfully they overlooked that haha!
3.81 overall, 3.74 science GPA
23AA
If you want to know anything else just let me know!

Interview #3 at NOVA scheduled for October!! IT TOOK FOREVER FOR EVERYTHING TO GET FINALIZED FOR ME SO DON'T LOSE HOPE EVERYONE (because I was this week and almost applied to more schools!!)

For anyone that already interviewed, do you remember approximately what time everything ended? I'm assuming like 2 or 3pm?

They're really good about interviewing the people with the longest travel first. So you tour from 11-12, eat from 12-1 and then interviews start and they're all 20 minutes. I went first and was able to leave by 1:30!

They're really good about interviewing the people with the longest travel first. So you tour from 11-12, eat from 12-1 and then interviews start and they're all 20 minutes. I went first and was able to leave by 1:30!
Thank you!! I have to fly back to PA and I was debating flying out Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Probably leaning towards Thursday morning but now I'm thinking they'll probably put me first haha

Thank you!! I have to fly back to PA and I was debating flying out Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Probably leaning towards Thursday morning but now I'm thinking they'll probably put me first haha

Definitely make your flight later that afternoon, but I'm sure they'll accommodate!

Definitely make your flight later that afternoon, but I'm sure they'll accommodate!
Ms. Edwards told me the day ends at 4:30. I don't know if I'd make it to the airport in time, so I might just go for one of those super early flights on Thursday (who doesn't love those??). If I have extra time, I'll just hang out with my family :) But thank you anyway!

I am OOS for Georgia. I'm pretty sure I did horrible on my supplemental but thankfully they overlooked that haha!
3.81 overall, 3.74 science GPA
23AA
If you want to know anything else just let me know!
What date did your application go under review at GRU?

I still have heard nothing :/ I turned in my secondary about three weeks ago. I actually turned it in directly to the student admissions office since I'm doing my undergrad here at UAB. The suspense is killing me!

mine went underreview 6/30 and no supplemental yet :/ I guess I'm no getting anything

Any interview advice?

Interviewing tomorrow! Hope to see some of y'all there! :)

Interviewed today with @Dr. Yap and @WarDamnDentist I believe. I'm sure they'll agree it was very laid back and straight forward. No curve balls and the staff and students were all very friendly! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

How long did your actual interview last?
20-ish minutes I think! It's with the entire admissions committee, but they were all super nice. While you wait for your turn, D3 and D4 students (I think) just talk with you about life, UAB, etc. Then when you're done, you can leave.
Not to steal Dr. Yap's question, but just so you get a quick answer, the actual interview was 20 minutes. It only seemed like five minutes to me.
No worries :)

Are there any other UAB undergrad students on this thread? I'm a senior here and waiting to here back from UAB!

Are there any other UAB undergrad students on this thread? I'm a senior here and waiting to here back from UAB!
I am one. I turned in the application back in June but didn't get an interview invite until a week after my committee letter was submitted right before October. Are you in that boat?