***The Official UCLA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

4th batch, just received the secondary.

Same. Just waiting on UCSF's now.

Members don't see this ad.

Any interview invites yet?? The public schools sure like to take their time...

Emailed Noemi, got an email saying my file is complete and they won't start reviewing until late September

Members don't see this ad :)
Any interview invites yet?? The public schools sure like to take their time...

We, the class of 2017, have yet to start school (September 23rd). So, I am pretty sure they wait until that craziness is all over with before they start reviewing.

PM with any questions! :D

Hi, I wasn't sure where I should post this, but...

does anyone know if the DDS/PhD program is available to dental students that are already attending? I am applying this cycle, but was wondering if there were opportunities to go the DDS/PhD route once (and if) accepted?

Interview invite today via e-mail!

School: UCLA
Notification date: 10/1/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: Received "application complete" email on 8/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/30/25/25/none

Interview invite today via e-mail!

Notification date: 10/1/13
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: Received "application complete" email on 8/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/30/25/25/none

I mean which school wouldn't invite you....

my jar just dropped. :eek:

they updated my portal and said Received/Waiting Additional Information. Did anybody get this?

they updated my portal and said Received/Waiting Additional Information. Did anybody get this?

same here

edit 10/3/13 (24 hours later) - aadsas status returned back to "Received/Application Complete"

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking back at the email I sent after August 23 (UCLA said that we could check our status after this date), and the admissions coordinator told me that they don't start reviewing apps until...well, now.

She also said that if ANYTHING at all about my status changes, I will be notified immediately, so I guess this school may operate similarly to UCSF, who has been sending out rejections already...which is stressful and heart-stopping.

Last edited:
I was looking back at the email I sent after August 23 (UCLA said that we could check our status after this date), and the admissions coordinator told me that they don't start reviewing apps until...well, now.

She also said that if ANYTHING at all about my status changes, I will be notified immediately, so I guess this school may operate similarly to UCSF, who has been sending out rejections already...which is stressful and heart-stopping.

Aka we should be checking
the mail box? Lol

I emailed then about it and they told me to disregard it and that my app was complete. Sooooo...yeah. I'm trying not to read into it.

I emailed Naomi bc I got the same status change, and she said that my secondary had been received blank even though I had worked on it in a different format and then saved it's a PDF. I was abroad and didn't have a printer or scanner, so I checked my Sent folder and downloaded the doc-all the text appeared when I checked. I just wish they had notified me earlier...I completed it back in July and hope that it doesn't affect my app :( sorry if this makes you worry! You should be fine though if you printed then scanned everything

I have my interview here tomorrow!!! I'm nervous :eek:

I have my interview here tomorrow!!! I'm nervous :eek:

Don't worry. Chillest interview you'll ever have. Everyone is very nice and just want to know you. Be yourself. If you land an interview here, you'll have at least 90 percent chance of being accepted. Goodluck!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just got an interview today! Scheduled for either Oct. 18th or 25th - not sure yet. Will confirm by Monday.

Notification date: 10/11/13
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: Received "application complete" email on 8/29

Interview invite yesterday! Woohoo! Either 18th or 25th. I emailed back saying that I want 18th but not confirmed yet!

Congrats to you guys who got interviews! Has anyone OOS gotten an invite yet?
I really wish I could hear back from them, ucla's my #1!

Any OOSers have interview invitations yet?

Requested for the 18th but it was was already filled! I emailed back requesting for the 25th so hopefully they have spots left >_<

Requested for the 18th but it was was already filled! I emailed back requesting for the 25th so hopefully they have spots left >_<

Don't worry. I'm sure they don't give fewer spots than there are people.

Historically, UCLA only accepts 15% OOS. It's typically a long shot.

Just got an invite today, app was sent out sencond batch but I took my time completing the secondary :rolleyes:

Can anyone, who has interviewed at UCLA, share their experience please? Is there a faculty adn a student interview? or a group interview as well? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Can anyone, who has interviewed at UCLA, share their experience please? Is there a faculty adn a student interview? or a group interview as well? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Tomorrow is the first interview so most won't be able to answer your question.

If I remember correctly, your interview group will have 8 people. One of the most relaxing interview you'll ever have. The faculties are very happy to see you and just really want to talk to you so just smile, converse and don't be nervous! Depending on how lucky you are, I remember some room had 2 interviewers whole some had 1. There are no student interviewers. Then you have student panel during lunch. It was really fun and laid back. :)
Gl!

Does anybody know if we are required to send in our High School Transcripts if we did not take any AP courses (and therefore did not complete any of our pre-reqs in HS) ?

Does anybody know if we are required to send in our High School Transcripts if we did not take any AP courses (and therefore did not complete any of our pre-reqs in HS) ?

You should ask noemi, regardless I turned mine in anyways.

You should ask noemi, regardless I turned mine in anyways.

I emailed her yesterday afternoon and have not yet got a response.....I'm just gonna send them all I guess if I don't hear anything by monday evening.

UCLA doesn't show up on my aadsas portal but I submitted my secondary already. Anybody else have this issue?

UCLA doesn't show up on my aadsas portal but I submitted my secondary already. Anybody else have this issue?

If you completed the secondary it should come up as complete on AADSAS.

If you completed the secondary it should come up as complete on AADSAS.

It doesn't show up on AADSAS to start with like all the other schools I've applied to. I've only ever gotten emails.

It doesn't show up on AADSAS to start with like all the other schools I've applied to. I've only ever gotten emails.

Hmm, not sure. I would definitely send an email to naomi if I were you. Just to make sure.

I got my invite for an interview on Oct 17 and scheduled it for Nov 5. I submitted my secondaries on 8/25, if that helps!

I got my invite for an interview on Oct 17 and scheduled it for Nov 5. I submitted my secondaries on 8/25, if that helps!

Are you in-state? Haven't seen a single OOSer with an invite yet.

Are you in-state? Haven't seen a single OOSer with an invite yet.
Yeah, I'm in state. I'm actually waiting for interviews that are OOS but I haven't gotten any yet :( so I guess, just be patient!

I just interviewed on 10/25 and it was so much relaxed than I thought it was going to be. It was my first dent school interview for this cycle so I was really nervous. The entire interview group was only 8 and everyone was super nice! Essay portion is only 30 minutes and it was nothing super difficult. Actual interview with the faculty was really more like a conversation. I'm sure it differs for which professor(s) you get to talk to but mine was really welcoming. He noticed I go to UOP for undergrad and told me UOP is a phenomenal dental school as well. He told me at the end "wherever you decide to go to, UOP or UCLA, it will be a good choice." I hope that means he sees me being accepted at UCLA also haha. The whole interview day really convinced me to seriously consider UCLA. My first choice was UOP but I'm not so sure any more!!!!