***The Official UCLA Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I just realized my pdf didn't save properly, so I essentially sent a blank file as my secondary :( :( :( :( I scanned and resent it, but I hope this delay won't jeopardize my chances...
I had to recheck the PDF I mailed off just now to make sure I didn't send a blank one either. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if there're character limits for the supplemental application? I kept on writing in the spaces provided but just realized part of my response might be cut off? Thank you!!!
I essentially wrote until words got cut off.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be applying to UCLA as OOS, do you guys think it would be to late to add them to my aadsas send out, everything on my aadsas is complete including LOR

Dude, not at all. They didn't even start sending out interview invites yet, and won't begin until september.

Reactions: 1 user
The supplementary app is so long T.T

Reactions: 1 users
Did UCLA post status on AADSAS yet? Their email said that we can check it after sep 3rd, but mine doesn't show anything....

I don't have any status on AADSAS for UCLA either...

It looks like mine updated on 08/21 to 'Received/Application Complete'

humm, they even didn't cash my check yet....that made me worrier......when did they cash your check?

I'm sorry to hear that :( I sent mine as a cashiers check, so I'm not sure when it was cashed exactly. I sent it in near the end of July I believe. I hope that helps!

Does anyone know what UCLA generally looks for in an applicant? For example, UCSF looks at the whole story of the student (wellrounded students), while Columbia emphasizes DAT score etc. Thanks!

Does anyone know what UCLA generally looks for in an applicant? For example, UCSF looks at the whole story of the student (wellrounded students), while Columbia emphasizes DAT score etc. Thanks!
high DAT high Gpa
UCSF rejected people with 3.8 GPA and 23 DAT, those people more likely get an interview at UCLA

Members don't see this ad :)
btw check official interview someone get Columbia interview with 21AA/ 21 TS/ 21 PAT/ 24 RC/16 QR

high DAT high Gpa
UCSF rejected people with 3.8 GPA and 23 DAT, those people more likely get an interview at UCLA
lol you described EXACTLY me. Rejected from UCSF yesterday with ~3.85 GPA and 23 DAT :(

That is ridiculous. Guess there is zero hope for me with a 3.6 and 22AA/TS. Haha
I am also OOS though. I will admit I don't think I have anything that outstanding in my app in terms of EC. No research or anything. I did work as a dental assistant for about a year. Maybe they didn't like my PS :( who knows

It's been a little quiet in here, so I figure I'd make a little noise. I went to the UCLA thread from last year, and the first interview invite posted was on October 1st.

I was just looking that up as well. Looks like they did it a week after the incoming class got rolling. According to their schedule that happened yesterday, so maybe next Monday?? The wait is killing me.
It's been a little quiet in here, so I figure I'd make a little noise. I went to the UCLA thread from last year, and the first interview invite posted was on October 1st.

My AADSAS School Decisions section just updated today. There was nothing there for UCLA before, and now it's there and says "Received/Application Complete." This is making Monday seem more and more of a real thing. O_O

My AADSAS School Decisions section just updated today. There was nothing there for UCLA before, and now it's there and says "Received/Application Complete." This is making Monday seem more and more of a real thing. O_O
Thats what I like to hear!

Mines been that way since late August :arghh:

Anticipation is killing meeeeeeee. West Coast schools keep taking their sweet time. Except UCSF haha. I was one of those people with good stats that was rejected. I have tons of research experience so who knows what they looked at.

Anticipation is killing meeeeeeee. West Coast schools keep taking their sweet time. Except UCSF haha. I was one of those people with good stats that was rejected. I have tons of research experience so who knows what they looked at.
Yeah, I'm really nervous about UCSF. UCSF and UCLA are tied for my top for different reasons. I would like to be able to go to one or the other, but UCSF seems really unpredictable.

Daniel, my AADSAS was updated like yours for UCLA on Thursday. Hope it's for a good sign.. Good luck to all!

INTERVIEW INVITE VIA E-MAIL TODAY!!! CHECK UR E-MAIL GUYS!!!

Wow! That interview date is coming up really soon O_O I wonder if anyone else has heard back from UCLA. It can't be just one person.

Yeah I scheduled mine for October 24th. There was another one on like October 26th though.
Did your AADSAS portal status change to "Under Review" before they invited you for the interview?

Anyone have any news? It seems like CA schools are dead this year.

Nobody knows what they look at. They can't accept everyone, and don't we all wish we knew what they looked for? If we knew what they look at though, it would kind of defeat the the purpose (from the adcom's perspective). Applicants would just tell UCSF exactly what they want to hear, and everyone would sound exactly the same. That's why D schools are so secretive. Anyhow, with good stats and research you will get in. Don't sweat the losses. Focus on the opportunities ahead of you, and when you get in, you will forget all about the schools that said no.

UCLA is starting to slowly interview people, last Friday I saw an interview group taking the d school tour on the 17th.

7 total people interviewed on the 17th and that was the second day they held interviews

Reactions: 3 users
got an invite today!!!!!! :D :D :D :D so excited!!

I just saw your post on the Acceptance thread. Congrats! It looks like they're going in order by batch. I'm 7th batch, so I'm a bit worried :/

I just saw your post on the Acceptance thread. Congrats! It looks like they're going in order by batch. I'm 7th batch, so I'm a bit worried :/
Same boat here. UCLA updated my complete app status on 8/22 :((((((

Yup, I put everything up on the acceptance thread!

Same boat here. UCLA updated my complete app status on 8/22 :((((((
Don't worry! UCLA updated my complete app status on 8/22 too--I accidentally sent in a blank pdf file the first time. So your time should be soon!!

Congrats! So if my AADSAS was updated on 8/8, does that mean that they already put me in the rejection pile?!

Honestly, I'm really just glad that there's some action for the CA schools. It's been so dead lately.

Yup, I put everything up on the acceptance thread!

Don't worry! UCLA updated my complete app status on 8/22 too--I accidentally sent in a blank pdf file the first time. So your time should be soon!!

By the way, when is your interview date?