***The Official UCLA Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

kingenamel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck applicants! Post if you have questions/ updates on UCLA!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to say good luck as well!! From my experience, UCLA tends to be really slow starting the reviewing process, so just a heads up!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that UCLA Medical/Dental school rarely accepts its undergrads, is that rumor true? If so, I'm really worried about my chance of getting in..

I heard that UCLA Medical/Dental school rarely accepts its undergrads, is that rumor true? If so, I'm really worried about my chance of getting in..
Not sure where you heard that rumor because it's blatantly false lol. Maybe people think that since only a handful of ucla students are accepted it means they don't like their undergrads, but consider how small the class size is and how many people apply from colleges all over.

Reactions: 1 user
Phew.. What a relief. I talked to an alumnus who graduated from UCLA ten years ago, and he basically told me that good luck with getting into ucla dental since being its undergrad means I have much smaller chance.

Phew.. What a relief. I talked to an alumnus who graduated from UCLA ten years ago, and he basically told me that good luck with getting into ucla dental since being its undergrad means I have much smaller chance.
Completely untrue! A lot of my future classmates are from UCLA

Good for you! I'm still waiting for my DAT scores to be verified.. which takes forever.

It was mailed out on July 2nd but without DAT scores
haha okay you should hear back soon I'd imagine, but I was asking the person I quoted since they said they've already received a secondary on july 1

Members don't see this ad :)
How does UCLA update your application status? Do they use Portal or just email? I ask because neither UCLA or SF show up on my Aadsas portal.

How does UCLA update your application status? Do they use Portal or just email? I ask because neither UCLA or SF show up on my Aadsas portal.

Last year both UCLA and UCSF showed up on the Portal but they didn't seem to update the portal that quickly. They both email you first, so the Portal is essentially quite useless.

Reactions: 1 user
still cricket for me :/ Official score was sent on 7/16, so I hope to hear something soon..

Anyone know what happened to the UCSF 2020 thread??

Has anyone received an email confirming that their primary application was received from either UCLA or UCSF?

Anyone know what happened to the UCSF 2020 thread??
I was wondering the same thing :/ I can't find it

I think the admins deleted it. Someone posted UCSF secondary application questions on the thread and this is why it probably is no longer around. You think the moderators could have deleted individual posts and not the whole thread, but anyways that's what I think happened to the UCSF thread.

Not sure if anyone can confirm this suspicion. Also, it looks like someone needs to start it back up again. Not it ;P

I think the admins deleted it. Someone posted UCSF secondary application questions on the thread and this is why it probably is no longer around. You think the moderators could have deleted individual posts and not the whole thread, but anyways that's what I think happened to the UCSF thread.

Not sure if anyone can confirm this suspicion. Also, it looks like someone needs to start it back up again. Not it ;P
That's what I was thinking, I'm too lazy to make a thread and I'm on the East coast so I'll just leave it up to a West Coast SDNer to do it!

It was for the secondary application and fee

Reactions: 2 users
It was for the secondary application and fee
When was your application mailed and was it complete when you mailed it or did you have other documents that arrived later?

When was your application mailed and was it complete when you mailed it or did you have other documents that arrived later?

2nd batch, and not complete. Just waiting on my DAT score

I'm second batch (7/2) and received the secondary application email today (7/24) from UCLA.

I got my supplemental today (7/27). Was second batch.

anyone from batch 3 and on get their supplemental app invite?

FYI - received the secondary application.

It's 15 pages, and most of the information they're requesting is stuff one would already have put into their application/resume at some point. Seems redundant and lengthy, most likely to simply weed out people who aren't ALL that interested.

FYI - received the secondary application.

It's 15 pages, and most of the information they're requesting is stuff one would already have put into their application/resume at some point. Seems redundant and lengthy, most likely to simply weed out people who aren't ALL that interested.

Lucky! what batch were you? I emailed admin office and apparently AADSAS had some issues with the mailing so they were delayed.

Lucky! what batch were you? I emailed admin office and apparently AADSAS had some issues with the mailing so they were delayed.
My app was mailed 7/10 and DAT scores were received 7/16

Received the supplemental application 7/31. Does anyone know if the essays have length limits? Or is it simply however much you can fit in the space?

Received the supplemental application 7/31. Does anyone know if the essays have length limits? Or is it simply however much you can fit in the space?
They did not specify anything abt character limit so I just filled out the space until words got cut off.

Did anyone have any issues filling out the PDF with a mac? Also, since an electronic signature is okay, that means we don't need to print the form, sign it, and scan it back, we can just simply type out our name in the signature line, correct?

Has anyone had their secondary check cashed by UCLA yet?
Mailed mine out on 7/30 but still haven't seen any activity.

Has anyone had their secondary check cashed by UCLA yet?
Mailed mine out on 7/30 but still haven't seen any activity.

Email said when they process secondary they will.

finally got my supplemental app! :) (4th batch fyi)

Finally got mine as well! 5th batch.

Did anyone get an email that their supplemental app was received? Sounds like the only way to know is when they update our status on aadsas. UCLA hasn't popped up on my aadsas yet. Apparently it should be there starting after today.

Did anyone get an email that their supplemental app was received? Sounds like the only way to know is when they update our status on aadsas. UCLA hasn't popped up on my aadsas yet. Apparently it should be there starting after today.
As of yesterday UCLA didn't show up on my AADSAS, but I got the supplemental back in late July/early August. It's the only school of the ten that I applied to that doesn't show in AADSAS.

Anyone after 5th batch get their supplemental yet? The wait is getting a little frustrating