***The Official UCLA Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone who has interviewed recently have any advice? How good are your chances of acceptance after the interview?
Very good chance of being accepted after an interview. The interview itself was super relaxed. They asked me about the essay we wrote in the morning and that was it really. Just a conversation. I also liked how it wasn't from 8 to 5 or something lol so the day went by fast. Lunch was a kind of strange panel thing, you'll see, but just have fun with it haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
:soexcited: Accepted!

Got the call from Noemi around 11:25am pacific time today! So excited!!

Reactions: 2 users
do you guys think they are going by last name??

I wish I knew. I'm dying over here. If I don't get the call by the end of the day, tonight is going to suck big time haha

My last name starts with "E" and from what I noticed Noemi started to give out calls around ~9:30ish am (pacific time). I would say it's definitely not by last name.

Reactions: 1 user
I wish I knew. I'm dying over here. If I don't get the call by the end of the day, tonight is going to suck big time haha

seriously... every time my phone makes a sound my heart skips a beat -_-'

My last name starts with "E" and from what I noticed Noemi started to give out calls around ~9:30ish am (pacific time). I would say it's definitely not by last name.
My last name starts with D and I got the call around 11:18 so maybe it is alphabetical but they are taking it really slowly? Congrats everyone!

My cortisol levels are off the charts... Why does my last name have to start with a P

Does anyone know if they call everyone today who has interviewed already?
My cortisol levels are off the charts... Why does my last name have to start with a P
Hahaha no way, me too. I'm "Po"! Let me know if you hear anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
Noemi just called with the good news :) Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Sigh... Put on the alternate list. And here i thought my interview went well. Seriously disappointed as ucla was my NUMBER ONE choice.

Congratulations everyone on being accepted so far!! For those that have been accepted/decided to come to UCLA be sure to make a class Facebook page similar to the ones that we have for our current cohorts. I'm currently at UCLA dental so if you have any questions feel free to message me on here or Facebook (/happygurr):) my name is Gurpreet

For those of you still waiting, DON'T GIVE UP! UCLA has been known to be rather slow in their spread of joy (last year we had final acceptances as late as JUNE!)

Last edited:

Last edited:
Sigh... Put on the alternate list. And here i thought my interview went well. Seriously disappointed as ucla was my NUMBER ONE choice.

Sorry to hear you were put on the alternate list. I feel like you have a really good chance still though based on how few interviews UCLA seems to give out. It can be discouraging to see so many people on SDN have acceptances to all their top schools coming out of their ears, while probably the vast majority of us are still waiting on post december interviews/wait lists/later round acceptances. For example, so far I have only interviewed at 3 schools which I consider "safety" for me. I've been waitlisted at one (USC), and the other two have not responded. I have my UCLA interview on Friday so if I didn't have that coming up, I would probably be losing it. Anyways, just wanted to share some encouragement and my personal experience amongst all the celebratory posts. Plus I feel some solidarity with you because we both had the whole pre-pharm converted to pre-dent thing going on. The cycle is not over so our good news is yet to come! The whole time during this application process I really thought I would know what my future held exactly on December 1st. But things don't always turn out the way we expect I'm finding. Just gotta keep waiting! Good luck!

Hey guys!

I got the good news from Noemi on the 1st as well! :)
So I searched for a Facebook page for the class of 2020 and wasn't able to find one. I created a group called UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2020! I thought it would be nice to start meeting some people who plan on attending UCLA next term. If you can't find it by searching ill also post the direct link to the page!

Congrats to those who have gotten in and good luck to those who are still waiting!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/193458534330874/

Anyone receive their acceptance packet in the mail yet? I thought they said on the phone that the packets would be sent at the end of last week. I live in California so I was expecting it to come by today.

Anyone receive their acceptance packet in the mail yet? I thought they said on the phone that the packets would be sent at the end of last week. I live in California so I was expecting it to come by today.
I live in CA too and haven't gotten it yet.

You'll get them soon, don't stress out :)

I thought that people would stop stressing once they got their acceptance phone call, but I guess I was wrong.... IT NEVER ENDS!!!

Haha nah I'm not stressing about it at all. Just asking! This thread has been dead anyway :dead:

Yeah... I don't like the silence. I'm still clinging onto the shred of hope that I will get an interview invitation haha.

Guys I'm a CA resident. Haven't been offered an interview. Had my secondary in by early october. Safe to assume I've been axed?

Guys I'm a CA resident. Haven't been offered an interview. Had my secondary in by early october. Safe to assume I've been axed?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm gonna consider myself still in the game until I am rejected or until July rolls around. You never know...

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm gonna consider myself still in the game until I am rejected or until July rolls around. You never know...

Seems they have only accepted a few students and those accepted seem to have many other top pick offers to chose from and may not end up going to UCLA. They also interview in small batches and are known to be slow. Maybe this is all what I prefer to believe.

Definitely not!

Someone from the Office of Student Affairs specifically emphasized that what people say about UCLA's admission process is true - they are late (super late). This was after an interviewee asked whether or not those interviewing now/post-december are considered late. I think I remember someone mentioning that group size runs from 5 people (our day only had 5) to about 8 people, so they are definitely small.

Since they started interviewing in October, assuming they conduct them every Friday, they have probably only conducted half of the total interviews offered (based off of ~120 suggested by other threads). Maybe slightly more?

Interviewed 12/4, accepted 12/10! Good luck to everyone still waiting for an interview it is definitely possible. I never thought I would get an interview at UCLA with my 3.5 GPA.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 12/4, accepted 12/10! Good luck to everyone still waiting for an interview it is definitely possible. I never thought I would get an interview at UCLA with my 3.5 GPA.
Just curious are you IS or OOS?

Has anyone's AADSAS portal changed to say that you've been accepted? If so, how long did it take to reflect the change? I NEED PROOF

Interview #3
School: UCLA
Notification date: 12/11
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.69, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/23/24/none

Interview #3
Congrats! Mind if I ask when your AADSAS was marked as "Application complete"?

Interview #3
nice! whens your interview date?

Just got an interview! Trying to schedule for January 8.

AADSAS mail out date: 8/21
GPA: 3.78 science / 3.80 total
DAT: 20 AA, 20 TS, 22 PAT, 19 RC