***The Official UCLA Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

To those who got interview invitations: Does UCLA send invites through email or over the phone? And did you receive it in the morning or evening? Thanks.
Invites are done through email and seem to be sent anywhere from morning to noon/eartly afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

The official acceptance letter will also include information about making the deposit. They detail where to go to make the payment and how to set up your student email.

It took about 1.5 weeks to come in the mail for me (location: LA).

Thanks! I got my letter today :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think age will be much of an issue. I was surprised by the wide range of ages when I visited the campus - both in my interview group and among the dental students.

My only concern would be the DAT, but your GPA is great! They seem to follow the order in which secondaries were submitted. When was yours mailed out?

The good news is other people have mentioned there are plenty more seats in the class!

I don't think age will be much of an issue. I was surprised by the wide range of ages when I visited the campus - both in my interview group and among the dental students.

My only concern would be the DAT, but your GPA is great! They seem to follow the order in which secondaries were submitted. When was yours mailed out?

The good news is other people have mentioned there are plenty more seats in the class!
Unfortunately, I took the DAT before taking any biology class, and before I complete my other prerequisites. I am not satisfied with my DAT score too. I hope they don't assume that I cannot handle the UCLA rigorous curriculum because of my low DAT and high age, which I wish it was vice versa.

Got interview invite today. Will most likely declining-- good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Could you please share your stats and AADSAS mail out also your secondary complete date.

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/09/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/23/24/none

Secondary was completed 11/15/15. Let me know if you have other questions!

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/09/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.79, 3.82
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/23/24/none

Secondary was completed 11/15/15. Let me know if you have other questions!
Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview invite, OOS
Declined interview

Good luck to everyone!
Mind if I ask the usual info: your stats, when you received interview invitation and when you submitted your secondary app? Thanks!

Mind if I ask the usual info: your stats, when you received interview invitation and when you submitted your secondary app? Thanks!

GPA. 3.9 overall and science
Dat 24
Submitted long time ago, within days of getting it in the summer I was first batch

Received invite by email on Monday

Just got my acceptance call today, super excited!!

Just got my acceptance call today, super excited!!
Congrats. May I ask when was your interview and could you please share your stats and AADSAS mail out dat.

Thanks. I saw it. My ... had an interview on Tuesday, January 26, and I wanted to know if Jamez694 interviewed at the same day or not. That's why I asked again, sorry!
No worries

Last edited:
Has anyone started looking into housing?

I'm struggling to find a place that is both close to campus and allows small dogs.

Anybody received acceptance this week???

Has anyone started looking into housing?

I'm struggling to find a place that is both close to campus and allows small dogs.
Have you looked South of Wilshire where the ucla shuttle runs to South campus?

Does anyone who interviewed last week have an estimate on the number of remaining seats?

Have you looked South of Wilshire where the ucla shuttle runs to South campus?
I've looked around culver city and palms area, but haven't found anything suitable so far. I knew it was going to be expensive, but wow.

I've looked around culver city and palms area, but haven't found anything suitable so far. I knew it was going to be expensive, but wow.
Just be glad it isn't as bad as sf! And it sounds like you're looking for a place for yourself so that makes it hard. Westwood isn't kind to people wanting to live solo haha.

Does anyone who interviewed last week have an estimate on the number of remaining seats?

I interviewed last week and no estimate was given to us regarding remaining seats :thinking: but based off past classes' threads spots are still open so don't worry!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Call came in ~ 4:30 pm today!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted! Call came in ~ 4:30 pm today!

I saw you in the other USC thread as well. You got accepted to both schools within the hour right? That's is just so awesome. That's a story to tell your kids one day. Great job, I hope you celebrate tonight!

Any update on interview invites? Still foolishly hopeful over here.

Reactions: 2 users
I saw you in the other USC thread as well. You got accepted to both schools within the hour right? That's is just so awesome. That's a story to tell your kids one day. Great job, I hope you celebrate tonight!

Yeah... two in the same hour! Funny thing is I was expecting them around 11am every day and had given up on today. THEN NOEMI CALLS *DUN DUN DUN*. I cant express how happy I am because before my interviews I thought I'd have to reapply to the next cycle since I took my DAT November :(

I don't think you're "foolishly hopeful" here because from what I was able to collect from the students I spoke to during interview day, many interviews were still given out during the months of March, April, and May! Just stay positive!

You aren't alone. I have been checking my email a gazillion times a day, including weekends, holidays, and the regular 2a.m. inbox refresher since August.

I submitted my secondary back in July and just never heard back from UCLA. They did say my app was under review in January when I contacted them but I feel like there are no OOS spots left.

I submitted my secondary back in July and just never heard back from UCLA. They did say my app was under review in January when I contacted them but I feel like there are no OOS spots left.
take a look at UCLA class of 2019 thread. people got interviews and acceptances even in April. so if you haven't heard back, don't worry, they take their time. I'm waiting for an interview too.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone sent them an update with what they've been doing since they submitted (outside of the academic update in the portal)? I feel like every school receives these differently.

Has anyone sent them an update with what they've been doing since they submitted (outside of the academic update in the portal)? I feel like every school receives these differently.
They told me they wouldn't accept anything outside of AADSAS or their secondary.

Are any of you on the quarter system? Did you wait for spring grades before e-submitting?

Last edited:
Are any of you on the quarter system? Did you wait for spring grades before e-submitting?
I didn't. UCLA tends to be slow releasing grades (some professors especially) and we finish school weeks after the application even opens. Unless you're really banking on the spring grades to bump your GPA then I wouldn't bother waiting. Either way it shouldn't have a big impact on your app in the grand scheme of things.

I just got an interview invite for March 4th. What!!? Am I dreaming!!?

Reactions: 7 users
Could any of those already interviewed/accepted enlight me what is the format at UCLA interview please? Do they have an essay portion like at UCSF? How is the stress level of the day like? Oh boys, I thought I'm done with interviews already...

there is an essay, followed by an open file interview

Could any of those already interviewed/accepted enlight me what is the format at UCLA interview please? Do they have an essay portion like at UCSF? How is the stress level of the day like? Oh boys, I thought I'm done with interviews already...
Most stressful part of the day was probably the written portion. It wasn't because the prompt was complicated, but because it happened within the first 30 minutes of the day while you're still jittery. They bring you into a small conference room and Dr. Bibb gives an overview of the dental school. Then Noemi comes in and lets you know it's time for the written portion, and I believe they allow you about 30 minutes to complete it.

The interviewing faculty all seemed very nice. During our day, they each introduced themselves as they called in their assigned interviewees. From there on, it's easy-going - the biggies "Why Denstistry" and "Why UCLA" plus casual conversation. It is open file like others have mentioned.