***The Official UCLA Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was apart of a club at school that did different kinds of activities too, so I just explained that!

Okay, great thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

What are you guys using to input answers on the secondary since the email said Adobe Reader and Mac won't work? From what I've seen on past threads, it seems like Preview on Mac works. What about Adobe Acrobat?

What are you guys using to input answers on the secondary since the email said Adobe Reader and Mac won't work? From what I've seen on past threads, it seems like Preview on Mac works. What about Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Reader works for me on my mac.

Members don't see this ad :)

I tried using Adobe Reader and it saved correctly most of the time, but also lost everything I saved twice, forcing me to start over with the application twice (not sure if this is just something with my computer). I ended up using Preview, saved a few times, and never actually quit the program because I was worried I would lose all the information. When I finished, I went to "Print" --> lower left corner clicked on "PDF" --> clicked on "save as PDF". This locks the PDF so you can't change anything anymore. I did this last step because it felt more formal and I don't have to worry about someone accidentally changing something on my file.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just using preview. It won't save as a file unless you do "export PDF" otherwise it just saves on your computer only so if you send it to someone else it basically is blank. If you save it as a PDF ("export") then it saves your typed stuff. Hope that makes sense!

For anyone who has sent off their secondary app and has received a "Received/App Complete" status: For the secondary application, do you actually have to print the completed pages and then scan them back in as a PDF in order for the ADCOMs to see the information that I typed in? Or can I simply send the filled out PDF directly back to the provided email?

For anyone who has sent off their secondary app and has received a "Received/App Complete" status: For the secondary application, do you actually have to print the completed pages and then scan them back in as a PDF in order for the ADCOMs to see the information that I typed in? Or can I simply send the filled out PDF directly back to the provided email?
Recommend for you to "print to PDF," the email the attachment to yourself to make sure it's within the size limit.

Select the print option per usual, but rather than selecting a printer, select PDF.

Recommend for you to "print to PDF," the email the attachment to yourself to make sure it's within the size limit.

Select the print option per usual, but rather than selecting a printer, select PDF.

Thanks brotha!!!

Just found out my secondary was too big and I need to redo it. I edited it and saved it as a pdf in the print options. Anyone else have trouble with this?

Anyone who mailed out on 8/19(my mail out date) or later receive the secondary yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who mailed out on 8/19(my mail out date) or later receive the secondary yet?

My AADSAS mailed out on 9/2 but I received a secondary on 8/31. Don't ask me how, I have no idea.

I should probably submit my secondary pushing it lollll

I know, 15 pages for an application.. I'm not even halfway done.

Last edited:
So I submitted my app on 7/29 and haven't gotten a secondary yet. . .should I be worried?

The weird thing is that under "School Decisions", every school has received my app except for UCLA, they don't even show up in the list.

For those of you who attached publications to the secondary, how did you do it? Did you add the PDF pages into the file so that the secondary was longer than 15 pages? Or did you just attach it to the email as a separate PDF? Because I'm having trouble saving all the marked check boxes after I add the publication into the actual file (i.e. checkboxes show up blank and I can't re-edit the file in Acrobat)

For those of you who attached publications to the secondary, how did you do it? Did you add the PDF pages into the file so that the secondary was longer than 15 pages? Or did you just attach it to the email as a separate PDF? Because I'm having trouble saving all the marked check boxes after I add the publication into the actual file (i.e. checkboxes show up blank and I can't re-edit the file in Acrobat)

If you have a mac, you can use preview to fill out the form then attach your publication (congrats btw!) at the bottom by going to edit, insert, page from file. Hope this helps!

Hey there everyone,

I just completed and sent out my UCLA secondary application last Thursday. I was browsing SDN today and something caught my attention that I couldn't help but notice. People were saying that they did not go over the text box space in each question for the UCLA secondary. It did not say anywhere in the instructions that you shouldn't write more than the boxes shown. Also, some of the boxes are EXTREMELY small and it did not make sense that this would be the only space allowed. For example, the "Honors" box next to the high school and undergraduate college section only has a text box for about 8 characters. So the program I used to edit and save the PDF allowed me to type more for each section than the boxes actually show on the standard app.. so for some sections I did use more space. The PDF program gave a little scrolling bar on the side of each text box so if I did type a little more than the original text box you could just use the scroll bar to go up and down the text box to view the complete answer. I just realized now that unfortunately if you just open the PDF using a standard view program you do not get the option to scroll so some of my answers look incomplete.

DOES ANYONE know how they view the PDF at the UCLA Admissions Office? Would they be able to scroll up and down to view my complete answers?

ALSO should I just redo my secondary today and send it in again tomorrow just in case? (Like I said before I just don't understand how they expect to fit some answers in these RIDICULOUSLY small spaces for certain section).

Please let me know what you guys think. It is a bit urgent since this is my top school and I already feel late in the application cycle.

Thank you!

Hey don't worry! Someone here said that ucla is able to read past the given space. You should be ok!
Haha ohh man that is so relieving to hear. Probably still going to call the office on Monday to make sure.

Also just to clarify.. in the beginning of this thread it said that UCLA still wants the check or money order.. this is not true anymore correct? Because in the email it gave a website where we could pay online.

I just realized I put "yes" for high school honors lol wow... Should I re-email or just leave it ugh

I just realized I put "yes" for high school honors lol wow... Should I re-email or just leave it ugh
I actually don't even know what the correct answer is for that section. Are we supposed to list yes or no. Or list out the honors themselves? Does anyone know? If the answer is that you list out the honors then the admissions committee HAS TO be able to scroll the text boxts since there was only like an 8 character limit for the "honors" box.

Is UCLA supposed to show up on our School Decisions tab? Or should I just give them more time bc they're notoriously slow.

I actually don't even know what the correct answer is for that section. Are we supposed to list yes or no. Or list out the honors themselves? Does anyone know? If the answer is that you list out the honors then the admissions committee HAS TO be able to scroll the text boxts since there was only like an 8 character limit for the "honors" box.
I think people were creating their own text boxes with smaller font rather than continuous typing in the default box

I think people were creating their own text boxes with smaller font rather than continuous typing in the default box
How did people do that?? I want to do that now just in case.

Is UCLA supposed to show up on our School Decisions tab? Or should I just give them more time bc they're notoriously slow.

I submitted my secondary last week and it still hasn't shown up (their email said it should).

How did people do that?? I want to do that now just in case.
I believe on a Mac in preview if you click the T button for a new textbox & you can drag it to where you want and what size instead of just clicking underneath the question to answer it directly

Yes, I had it finished and submitted on 9/7.
Give it until 9/28 (unless Noemi's secondary request email has taken off the 3-week wait time). If it hasn't shown up by then, email Noemi. Same thing happened to me. I emailed her at 3.5 weeks and it showed up either the same day or following day.

They haven't started interviewing yet. Probably waiting for 2020 orientation and matriculation.

Give it until 9/28 (unless Noemi's secondary request email has taken off the 3-week wait time). If it hasn't shown up by then, email Noemi. Same thing happened to me. I emailed her at 3.5 weeks and it showed up either the same day or following day.

They haven't started interviewing yet. Probably waiting for 2020 orientation and matriculation.

Nvm, UCLA popped up on my portal this morning.

Anyone else still not receive a secondary? It's not in my spam folder. UCLA is one of my top choices and I'm panicking lol. I was mailed out 8/12. Should I call and ask?

Anyone else still not receive a secondary? It's not in my spam folder. UCLA is one of my top choices and I'm panicking lol. I was mailed out 8/12. Should I call and ask?
They are going through orientation right now so Noemi is a little busy and backed up. Don't worry they lag at everything.

My application was mailed out at the end of July and I was also waiting for the secondary for awhile. After I called her last week, she said it was sent to me a few weeks ago (though I don't think I ever received it) and just forwarded me the secondary. If she isn't available by phone, you can always e-mail her!

My application was mailed out at the end of July and I was also waiting for the secondary for awhile. After I called her last week, she said it was sent to me a few weeks ago (though I don't think I ever received it) and just forwarded me the secondary. If she isn't available by phone, you can always e-mail her!

Thank you! I just sent the email now!

Looks like interview invites just started according to a post on the official interview/acceptance/rejection thread.

Looks like interview invites just started according to a post on the official interview/acceptance/rejection thread.
Her stats are incredible. I pray to god that is not the average for this year! lol

I spoke to someone from the admin office today, and as far as she is aware, they haven't extended interview invitations yet. She said the committee hasn't met yet (but is scheduled to meet soon).

I spoke to someone from the admin office today, and as far as she is aware, they haven't extended interview invitations yet. She said the committee hasn't met yet (but is scheduled to meet soon).
That's crazy. So this person on the official acceptance/rejection is potentially lying?

If UCLA shows up on my AADSAS portal as received/complete after submitting my secondary, does that mean my secondary was all ok? I'm just so paranoid that it was blank or exceeded the file size since I read in past threads that UCLA won't notify you if something was wrong with your secondary. Should I just email Noemi to double check?

I feel like it'd be a waste of time on Noemi's part just to look at a file. You should be able to tell if you've exceeded the file size and should just use the space they provided you; yes, they can see what you wrote if you went over they space given. Also, does anyone know if applications are reviewed in the order they are completed or is it based on when your mail out date was?

I never received an invitation for a supplemental application or fee.
It's my understand that you are only allowed to pay the fee if they sent you an application.

However, why does this link allow you to pay before getting the supplemental email?
https://www.dentistry.ucla.edu/learning/applying-deadline

I don't think it really matters what order you do them. They're both supplements to your AADSAS application.

Status
Not open for further replies.