***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Uconn interview cometh! So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is still very early, too early to count yourself out at any school to be honest. You guys have to remember that it is still August. UConn will interview into early to mid November. Also, as they extend around 180-200 interviews because the class size will end up being around 50, not everyone who gets an interview invite is and SDN member. There are just fewer people to go around. This means that there is less information on when interview invites go out (i.e. all at once, spaced, etc.)

By Thanksgiving if you have not received an interview invite I would say you can safely consider yourself out. Until then, there are still more invites coming.

Hey Steve, would you happen to know roughly how many non-New England OOS interview invitations they send out and how many of those are offered acceptances? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not know the exact numbers on this. I know in my interview group of 10 people there were two NY, one FL, and one MI. There are some FL, OH, CA and NY residents in my class but they are certainly the minority. Their admissions preference for New Englanders is quite clear, and people who are accepted as New Englanders by and large choose to attend over other schools.

Ok, my interview is scheduled for a few weeks from now so I was just wondering roughly what my chances are. Thanks!

Ok, my interview is scheduled for a few weeks from now so I was just wondering roughly what my chances are. Thanks!

93.583% rounded to the nearest thousandth.

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be too late to apply for this school right now?

Should I be worried if I didn't get an invite yet? UConn is one of my top choices

Should I be worried if I didn't get an invite yet? UConn is one of my top choices

If you want it really really badly, consider sending the Dean of Admissions an email explaining your interest.

I've heard that never works though...

You may be right that my suggestion will not work- but if Geology really wants a seat there, is there really any downside to trying?

No school is going to penalize you for writing a well-thought out letter expressing genuine interest in their program.

One of my mentors says "No Ask, No Get." I sincerely believe in that philosophy. Advocate for yourself, and if things fail, so be it, but at least you tried.

You may be right that my suggestion will not work- but if Geology really wants a seat there, is there really any downside to trying?

No school is going to penalize you for writing a well-thought out letter expressing genuine interest in their program.

One of my mentors says "No Ask, No Get." I sincerely believe in that philosophy. Advocate for yourself, and if things fail, so be it, but at least you tried.
I'll consider it, thanks! I have also heard that they offer invites late into september. Is this also true? I just feel like I would match up to the school stats so now I'm anxious

I'll consider it, thanks! I have also heard that they offer invites late into september. Is this also true? I just feel like I would match up to the school stats so now I'm anxious

Yes.

Last edited:
Got an interview invitation yesterday 9/12 (yay!) and I got my application complete email quite a while ago, on 7/7. I'm OOS, and am also outside of New England.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview invitation yesterday 9/12 (yay!) and I got my application complete email quite a while ago, on 7/7. I'm OOS, and am also outside of New England.

Mind telling me your stats and mail out date? Over PM if you don't want to here

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just curious- what date is your interview?

Mind telling me your stats and mail out date? Over PM if you don't want to here
Sure thing. Mailing date was 7/1.
3.81 oGPA, 3.73 sGPA
22 AA, 22 TS, 22 RC, 24 QR, 26 PAT

If anyone has any questions fire away
I have a question for you, I am interested in applying at UCONN, but I'm not sure if I have all the LOR's they need. It says I need to submit either one letter from my university predental advisory committee... or three letters from faculty. However, I only have two letters from science professors, one from my club wrestling coach, and one from a DDS (therefore I only have two letters from university "faculty"). This late in the game, I'm not sure I want to go out seeking another letter just to apply, plus AADSAS won't allow me to update any more letters... so do you think it's even worth it to apply? Are they really that picky on my letters?

How's it going future UConn Huskies?

I'm interviewing on October 31st!

School: UConn
Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none

School: UConn
Notification date: 9/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
Application complete date: 6/17/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/25/19/none

Those stats though.....man you are a GENIUS! 3.97 oGPA? Wow.
And 25 PAT? that section was the bane of my existence.

Seriously, in my break after PAT, I was thinking "Well...time to retake."

Has anyone received a rejection or waitlist from UConn so far? My application was complete July 11 and I haven't heard anything yet.