***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

51 more days people!!!

Connecticut_Huskies_2013.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
interviewing on Nov 4th! heard back about a month ago from UCONN. not an in state applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if pre-decemeber are full?
According to the dean, who went to my school, they don't even do post dec interviews :rolleyes:
And at that time, 3 weeks ago, they already knew 90% of the class of 2021

Hi Everyone I am a current third year student here. I just wanted to say that the class of 2021 has not already been selected and is never selected before all the interviews are over. As an example three current first years came to the last interview we had last year. Our administration does not choose the final class and who to extend offers until all of the interviews have been conducted. Having post December interviews depends on the year and the applicants. The school does not select the class in percentages but rather as a whole at the end. To all the pre-dental students out there be careful what you read on these form. Sometimes it has good information but sometimes its misguided. I would highly recommend UCONN to anyone and if any applicants have any questions to email the Dental administration directly. We have student admission representatives here designated to answer any of your questions.

Reactions: 2 users
I was just saying what the dean said. It wasn't something that I made up, but maybe he lied to our Pre-Health club (which makes no sense)

Do you think it's possible he meant that they know 90% of the people to which they would like to extend offers? That's a lot different than knowing 90% of the class, especially with people not accepting their seats until Dec 1st because they can't. Some seats are filled by kids in the combined program, but the vast majority are not.

The only factual information I can give you all is that they interview on Mondays and Fridays starting Sept 9th and ending Nov 14th. There were 10 people in my interview group last year, and if you want to assume 10 per interview group then you can but I don't know if that's the case every time. That makes for 19 interview dates with somewhere around 190 people interviewed.

Anything else I cannot say with any certainty without speculating. So let's speculate! See, isn't it easy to determine what you read on the internet is BS when someone comes out and tells you they don't know for sure what they're talking about?

Hypothetically they admit 80 and then people decline and you get the class size of 49 or whatever it will be next year. That means that if you heard this in early October, then hypothetically they would know 72/80 people they would like to admit. That means for the following 6 or however many interview dates they have left at that point, they will be looking for 8 or so people out of that group (about 60, 10 per interview group). So that means that out of that group, the likelihood is that one or more will be offered admission (1.33 to be exact). This will be important later on in this post.

So you should really think of it as "if I have an interview at this point in the game, they are still looking for people as they haven't completely filled the class yet" instead of "OMG everyone let's fall victim to paranoia and think that they've already determined who is gonna be in their class without waiting to see if people accept or decline their the offers they have yet to receive"

This also ignores waitlist movement, that does happen, depending on the year.

Let's assume that they do offer seats to 80 people. There are in fact 19 interview groups, so roughly 4 people are offered admission from each interview group. If they are looking for 1.33 people per interview group during October, and an average of 4 people per interview group in total, all that does is reinforce the importance of getting your application in early, which of course you already knew.

In summary, it's all good people. If you have an interview scheduled, they are not just taking your money because the class is already full. They are looking for more people.
Yes. That's what he meant. Which means that there are few available spots for interview.
That's what I meant.
I wasn't trying to say 90% of the individuals, but of the whole group (if that makes sense). Like, the people they interviewed already, they know that 90% of the class will come from that group, so they know them, even though they still don't know specifically who will be in that class. Does it make more sense?

And I definitely agree with what you said. If you have an interview, is obvious that they are considering you.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Do you think it's possible he meant that they know 90% of the people to which they would like to extend offers? That's a lot different than knowing 90% of the class, especially with people not accepting their seats until Dec 1st because they can't. Some seats are filled by kids in the combined program, but the vast majority are not.

The only factual information I can give you all is that they interview on Mondays and Fridays starting Sept 9th and ending Nov 14th. There were 10 people in my interview group last year, and if you want to assume 10 per interview group then you can but I don't know if that's the case every time. That makes for 19 interview dates with somewhere around 190 people interviewed.

Anything else I cannot say with any certainty without speculating. So let's speculate! See, isn't it easy to determine what you read on the internet is BS when someone comes out and tells you they don't know for sure what they're talking about?

Hypothetically they admit 80 and then people decline and you get the class size of 49 or whatever it will be next year. That means that if you heard this in early October, then hypothetically they would know 72/80 people they would like to admit. That means for the following 6 or however many interview dates they have left at that point, they will be looking for 8 or so people out of that group (about 60, 10 per interview group). So that means that out of that group, the likelihood is that one or more will be offered admission (1.33 to be exact). This will be important later on in this post.

So you should really think of it as "if I have an interview at this point in the game, they are still looking for people as they haven't completely filled the class yet" instead of "OMG everyone let's fall victim to paranoia and think that they've already determined who is gonna be in their class without waiting to see if people accept or decline their the offers they have yet to receive"

This also ignores waitlist movement, that does happen, depending on the year.

Let's assume that they do offer seats to 80 people. There are in fact 19 interview groups, so roughly 4 people are offered admission from each interview group. If they are looking for 1.33 people per interview group during October, and an average of 4 people per interview group in total, all that does is reinforce the importance of getting your application in early, which of course you already knew.

In summary, it's all good people. If you have an interview scheduled, they are not just taking your money because the class is already full. They are looking for more people.

@Scumbag_Steve is fairly correct with all of what he said. I was not at that meeting @CallMeDoct is referring to but I am going to assume our Dean said something to the sorts of 90% of who we want to invite to interviews has been selected, I'd actually be surprised if he even said that to be honest. The Nov 14th date that he was referring to is an arbitrary date us third years picked when we asked first and second years to come to the interview lunches. We did not want to have 1st and 2nd years signed up and not actually have interviewees that day. If the administration wants to hold more we have additional dates scheduled as well. Basically my point is if you have an interview scheduled with us and are interested in our program please come to your interview as your chances are the same regardless of if you interviewed the first day we held one. If you do not have an interview scheduled yet that does not mean you wont receive one either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't apply here, but I also haven't heard too much about this school. What makes it so great?

I didn't apply here, but I also haven't heard too much about this school. What makes it so great?

a few reasons off the top of my head...

P/F curriculum + unranked
biomedical education
very high specialty placement rates
small class size
in-state tuition after year 1 for everyone
new clinics are being built

Last edited:
After having my app completed in 7/25 and expressing that I am really interested in the school I emailed UConn and they seemed annoyed. They just told me they are still conducting interviews. Are my prospects still looking good?

After having my app completed in 7/25 and expressing that I am really interested in the school I emailed UConn and they seemed annoyed. They just told me they are still conducting interviews. Are my prospects still looking good?
Prospects are getting harder by the week

That's true. I'm really disappointed that I did not hear back. I don't think I have bad stats but who knows. Such a tough process!

Your 3.76 GPA is excellent.
Your 19AA, 20TS DAT is around average for UConn (UConn's average is a 21TS).

What is your state of residency?

Your 3.76 GPA is excellent.
Your 19AA, 20TS DAT is around average for UConn (UConn's average is a 21TS).

What is your state of residency?
Hello I'm from MA, so New England. Just kind of bummed since it was a top choice and I've already been having interviews. [You and I actually messaged each other earlier this summer so nice to talk to you again!]

Is there any chance to get in with the following stats:
19 TS 3.4OGPA 3.5 SGPA Non-New England OS applicant.

I recently interviewed and I can confirm that the class has not been selected. The dean of admissions made it sound like they review the candidates on a weekly basis and give each person a numerical score. At the end of November, they look at the top ranked candidates and give offers to the top 80ish on their list. There is also a wait list but there's not usually a lot of movement on the wait list.

So I've been getting some PM's lately from people asking me about the new curriculum.

We haven't had our first block exam yet, so I can't tell you what that is like, but this will give you an idea about the rest of it. If you have any additional questions, just PM me. I am pretty busy right now so I can't promise I'll get back to you in a timely fashion, but I promise you that it'll be before Dec 1st when you're deciding where to go to dental school.

Wishing you all the best brotha, keep up the hard work!

Just over 19 days to go, people!!!

I interviewed on 10/24. I absolutely loved the school. Hoping for an acceptance on December 1!! Fingers crossed!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I submitted my application in June and three days ago my status for UConn went back to Under Review from Application Complete. Does this mean anything good? I am really sad that many schools didn't contact me since I applied very early and I have pretty okay stats. I would love to have a chance at UConn.

I submitted my application in June and three days ago my status for UConn went back to Under Review from Application Complete. Does this mean anything good? I am really sad that many schools didn't contact me since I applied very early and I have pretty okay stats. I would love to have a chance at UConn.
Not sure what that means exactly. What are you stats?

When I interviewed, the dean made a point to tell everyone there that amongst the applicants at the table, the average science DAT score was a 22 and average science GPA 3.8. They really care about the science grades because they want to know that we can handle the heavy didactic biomedical curriculum.

Not sure what that means exactly. What are you stats?

When I interviewed, the dean made a point to tell everyone there that amongst the applicants at the table, the average science DAT score was a 22 and average science GPA 3.8. They really care about the science grades because they want to know that we can handle the heavy didactic biomedical curriculum.

3.76 oGPA, 3.73 sGPA, 20 TS, 19 AA

3.76 oGPA, 3.73 sGPA, 20 TS, 19 AA

Nice GPA! What's the breakdown of your TS?

It seems like it should be good enough but it's hard to say. There's no telling who else is applying and what their scores/grades are.

Nice GPA! What's the breakdown of your TS?

It seems like it should be good enough but it's hard to say. There's no telling who else is applying and what their scores/grades are.

Thanks! I have 19ochem, 19gchem, 21Bio. My PAT is kind of low tho (17 :|). I really like the school so it'd be a dream to get in. I'm trying to figure out what to make of the status change. I applied very early so that I could hear back early from schools but that didn't exactly happen. I had 3 great interviews but I was hoping for more since I applied to quite a few schools

Same. My status went from Received/Application Complete on 9/15 to Received/Under review on 11/18. I feel like at this point, I'm not holding out for hope from UConn anymore. They're not usually known to hand out post-December interviews :\

Hey everyone! I don't think I've ever liked a school this much, even during the college process. The next few days are going to be brutal! Had an interview in late September and I'm from New England so itching to find out on December 1st! Even created a SDN account just for this school :laugh:

Hey everyone! I don't think I've ever liked a school this much, even during the college process. The next few days are going to be brutal! Had an interview in late September and I'm from New England so itching to find out on December 1st! Even created a SDN account just for this school :laugh:

Here is to hoping we get lots of good news on Dec1

Last edited:
ok this is a specific question- does anyone know what time they typically send the email on dec 1st? One of my exams got moved to that day! I have a feeling it is going to be very hard to focus on that exam :rofl:

ok this is a specific question- does anyone know what time they typically send the email on dec 1st? One of my exams got moved to that day! I have a feeling it is going to be very hard to focus on that exam :rofl:

8-9am EST! That is when last year's people heard.

C'mon UConn....bring SDN some good news please.

Last edited:
random question. Do dental schools talk to each other about potential students? for example, take a very strong student who will likely get accepted to some of the most competitive schools... would a less competitive school be less likely to accept that student if the less competitive school learns that the student has been interviewed at several other more competitive schools? (hope this makes sense) I know this is very specific. I am just curious. It seems like it would be too much work for the schools to do this. A friend has been interviewed at several of the most competitive dentals schools (September and early October) but has not received interviews at some of the less competitive dental schools he applied to. Just got me wondering (and probably overthinking)

random question. Do dental schools talk to each other about potential students? for example, take a very strong student who will likely get accepted to some of the most competitive schools... would a less competitive school be less likely to accept that student if the less competitive school learns that the student has been interviewed at several other more competitive schools? (hope this makes sense) I know this is very specific. I am just curious. It seems like it would be too much work for the schools to do this. A friend has been interviewed at several of the most competitive dentals schools (September and early October) but has not received interviews at some of the less competitive dental schools he applied to. Just got me wondering (and probably overthinking)

No they do not.

Let's go future Huskies!!

Is everyone here fired up???! I know I am.

I'm fired up! Hoping it stays that way. . .:xf:

what do peoples portals say? Has anyones portal changed?