***The Official UCSF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

xatlasb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do we only mail the application fee after they send us the supplemental?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we only mail the application fee after they send us the supplemental?

Yeah, you don't personally send anything in until you've gotten an email from them. Last year, I got an email at the beginning of the August saying that they've received my application and I'm eligible for the supplemental. They give you a link, username and password to complete and submit your supplemental application online. I don't exactly remember if I mailed in a check or paid online for the application fee...looking back at my emails though, they sent me a receipt email for paying the fee. I'm gonna guess that I might have paid with card after I submitted my application online? Which btw, you only have exactly 2 weeks to finish and send in. There's an actual timer from what I remember, lol. Hope this helps! :)

Has anyone gotten a supplemental yet?

not yet, got an email saying that my app was complete. In the email it says they screen to make sure you meet the minimum requirements before they send out a secondary.

not yet, got an email saying that my app was complete. In the email it says they screen to make sure you meet the minimum requirements before they send out a secondary.

I got the same email today as well. My guess is that we'll be receiving the secondary within a couple weeks.

I got the email as well!! second batch here!! Hope to hear good news soon...

Same, third batch here. Took long enough.

I forgot that UCSF accepts AP scores for fulfilling some pre-reqs so sent mine today. Anybody else sending in their AP scores?

Do you need to "send" your AP scores if they are already reported in your official transcript from university?

Members don't see this ad :)
They say on their website that you must send the official score report. This is from their website:

Advanced Placement (AP) Tests
While actual course work is preferred by our faculty, applicants may use AP Tests to partially fulfill the prerequisites. In order to have AP Tests applied towards the prerequisites, applicants must submit an official copy of their AP Test Score Report from Educational Testing Services (ETS). Using School Code 5482, you may contact ETS at ets.org to request that a copy of your score report be sent to our office.

Do you need to "send" your AP scores if they are already reported in your official transcript from university?

Mine showed up on my transcript, but I paid $15 and sent them in anyways.

Anyone gotten a secondary yet? Or know if UCSF starts reviewing apps "late" in the cycle?

I'm still waiting too; I haven't received the secondary yet. I got the email on 7/19 saying they will send out secondaries to eligible applicants.

For those of you who haven't received a confirmation email saying your app was received, I didn't get such an email but I called them and they said they've received my app, not sure why there was no confirmation email.

Also, they said that secondaries will be mailed out soon.

Last edited:
got the email today with an secondary application "invitation". Not sure if the invite is for everyone that applied, but i got an email with secondary app info today.

got the email today with an secondary application "invitation". Not sure if the invite is for everyone that applied, but i got an email with secondary app info today.

I got the secondary too. And it says on their website that only competitive applicants will receive a supplemental. I'm OOS and wasn't expecting one.

I got the secondary as well and I'm OOS. Is anyone having trouble logging in? I've been trying to login with the info they gave but it's not working and I've already used up three login attempts..

any instate that received the supp?

I got the secondary as well and I'm OOS. Is anyone having trouble logging in? I've been trying to login with the info they gave but it's not working and I've already used up three login attempts..

Same here...

same with me. i just called and talked to admissions and apparently everyone is having this issue for the most part.

same with me. i just called and talked to admissions and apparently everyone is having this issue for the most part.

Good to know. For a split second I was wondering if this was some sort of hidden weed-out experiment haha

Anyone that meets their minimum eligibility requirements gets the supplemental...

Now I'm concerned because I haven't received it yet. Were any of you in the 4th batch?

Now I'm concerned because I haven't received it yet. Were any of you in the 4th batch?

I spoke with the admissions department today, and according to them, they just started mailing out supplementals today and that batch 2+ will be sent out tomorrow or early next week.

So if you havent gotten an email regarding the supplemental app, is it safe to assume you didn't meet their requirements?... :(

EDIT: nvm, just read the above

So I just got a new e-mail with a new password but the link that directs me to the supplemental isn't working- anybody else have this problem?

so were all you guys in the first batch?

So I just got a new e-mail with a new password but the link that directs me to the supplemental isn't working- anybody else have this problem?

Yeah. I'm having same problem too. I tried the old link with the new username + password but still nothing. Guess they are having some technical issues.

Yeah, they've emailed me three different passwords and none of them work. Technical issues for sure.

Yeah, they've emailed me three different passwords and none of them work. Technical issues for sure.

Confirmed. They were trying out a "new system" in setting up/receiving supplementals this year, but there were apparent kinks/flaws. So they held off on sending out supplementals for the later mailings until they sorted out the problems.

Hope this relieves some anxiety!

Last edited:
Confirmed. They were trying out a "new system" in setting up/receiving supplementals this year, but there were apparent kinks/flaws. So they held off on sending out supplementals for the later mailings until they sorted out the problems.

Hope this relieves some anxiety!

Good to know. Thanks SDNers for sharing the news :)

So is everyone who received the secondary so far in 1st batch?

anybody else unable to access the website they linked for the supplemental app?

Has anyone able to access their supplemental yet online with the password and username they provided us???

Hey guys can you please tell me if you all were first batch? I'm kinda freakin out.

I'm guessing even if you meet their minimum requirements if you are not "qualified applicant" you won't get a supplementary?

i wasnt first batch.. i sent my application in two weeks ago

Has anybody been able to access the UCSF supplementary portal yet?

Has anybody been able to access the UCSF supplementary portal yet?
Nope still waiting......I called last week and the admission lady told me to be patient. Anybody wants to call again and see what they say again?

They just sent out an email saying that they have fixed the issue. They also followed it up with a new login, which does work fine.

Yep just logged in. Man this supplemental is looking like a pain...