***The Official UCSF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Why did I check this website? -_- Now I'm all anxious and nervous too.... Stupid stupid stupid

Members don't see this ad.

Why did I check this website? -_- Now I'm all anxious and nervous too.... Stupid stupid stupid

Another neurotic member, we welcome you and hope you hear good news! (after we first hear good news ourselves of course ;) )

Another lurker joining in! Hello everyone :)

Hoping we all hear some good news soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another neurotic member, we welcome you and hope you hear good news! (after we first hear good news ourselves of course ;) )
UCSF taking their sweet time?

Whoever gets a phone call next would they please ask how many spots are left? :(

Pullin for ya!

Thanks! Please pull for everyone else too, whatever that means haha :)

Whoever gets a phone call next would they please ask how many spots are left? :(

I've been meaning to do this for every single school I get accepted to. Too bad I've only been accepted at one :rolleyes:

Thanks! Please pull for everyone else too, whatever that means haha :)
It's a statement that's equivalent to "I hope you get in" hahaha. I'm sure you guys will hear something soon, I can't imagine they'd wait so long on so many verdicts. Don't some people that had pre-december interviews still have yet to hear back?

It's a statement that's equivalent to "I hope you get in" hahaha. I'm sure you guys will hear something soon, I can't imagine they'd wait so long on so many verdicts. Don't some people that had pre-december interviews still have yet to hear back?

Yeah there's a couple that I've been talking to on here that seem to be pulling their hair out with each passing second.

@aqz i want friends like you in dental school

That's sweet. I wouldn't mind having a cat named hypemachine, sounds pretty sick ;)

But for reals, dental school is where I imagine I'll make my lifelong friends. I come from a huge undergrad where if I didn't have my church community and tennis buddies, I would struggle a bit making friends haha.

Hi everyone, the wait list was sent out! Good luck to all of us that are on it. I'll keep you all in my prayers :xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, the wait list was sent out! Good luck to all of us that are on it. I'll keep you all in my prayers :xf:

Heart attack ensues. No email here...I'm afraid to say the R word.

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn I just got it. Does anyone know how many people get put on it, and up through what number they usually get to?

Damn I just got it. Does anyone know how many people get put on it, and up through what number they usually get to?

From past years, it can go up to ~80 and up to ~45 get in.

Officially Waitlisted! Yay?!

P.S. Anyone know how big their alternate list is? And what the movement is like as we get closer to summer?

Didn't they give you guys a # in the email?

From past years, it can go up to ~80 and up to ~45 get in.

Hmm okay. Thanks for the response! I'll prepare for the worst just to be safe but that's somewhat encouraging. If you're not waitlisted, I would bet you're getting the call today :)

Hmm okay. Thanks for the response! I'll prepare for the worst just to be safe but that's somewhat encouraging. If you're not waitlisted, I would bet you're getting the call today :)

I appreciate the false hope ;) we shall see brotha.

Didn't they give you guys a # in the email?
They just gave us our position on the waitlist. They didn't say anything about how many get put on, or how far it moves up

Wait listed! Ukhhhh It's 45 mins from home!

No email : (
I got another "no caller ID" number last night but no message (second in the history of my phone)...IDK

To be honest, I'd rather be waitlisted right now haha. It's a good thing for UCSF if you're on the waitlist :)

To be honest, I'd rather be waitlisted right now haha. It's a good thing for UCSF if you're on the waitlist :)
Haha so much false hope going around. Idk, James Betbeze said on our interview day that one year, it took three months for the #1 person on the waitlist to get the call. And another year they went up through 40-something like you said. I don't want to be a debbie downer at all, just giving an example of how much it varies from year to year

Yes, I have a number, in the low 20's. I think that sounds pretty hopeful...but who knows!

When I went to UCSF I met a second year who said she was originally in the 20's on the wait list and was accepted in June (which is late, but still) ... What you have to realize about UCSF is that because the applicants are so competitive there are many people who have multiple amazing schools to choose from. Don't get discouraged guys!! I'm sending you all good vibes!

When I went to UCSF I met a second year who said she was originally in the 20's on the wait list and was accepted in June (which is late, but still) ... What you have to realize about UCSF is that because the applicants are so competitive there are many people who have multiple amazing schools to choose from. Don't get discouraged guys!! I'm sending you all good vibes!
Well that is reassuring but hopefully if we are accepted, it won't be that late! I'd really rather not pay any more deposits than I need to haha

Waitlisted, but I have a fairly high number. I don't even know man. -____-.........

If the waitlist is currently sent out does that mean that UCSF made all its decisions on its acceptances already? Or are they still deciding on acceptances?

It doesn't seem like they've made all their acceptance calls yet based on these posts...but who knows.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

If the waitlist is currently sent out does that mean that UCSF made all its decisions on its acceptances already? Or are they still deciding on acceptances?
In their waitlist invitation email, they mentioned that they are done its review of applications for fall 2014 admission...

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like they are done. If you go by last year's thread, the only ones who got accepted after the emails had been sent were those who were on the waitlist.

so I called them for the first time, my curiosity got the best of me, for those pre-dec people, at least just for me they told me they didnt send me anything a waitlist or rejection, so whatever that means!

maybe rejected later, maybe accepted later who knows

so I called them for the first time, my curiosity got the best of me, for those pre-dec people, at least just for me they told me they didnt send me anything a waitlist or rejection, so whatever that means!

maybe rejected later, maybe accepted later who knows

I called them just now too. She didn't tell me anything specific about my application, but she said she's still sending out notifications. I asked her if that was just waitlist and rejection notifications or if acceptances were being sent out as well, and she told me acceptances WILL be sent out. Regardless of the notification, she said we can expect to be notified through email.

Also, a friend told me she got waitlisted as #98 not too long ago. I estimate the list will be up to around 120 max, but who knows.

I called them just now too. She didn't tell me anything specific about my application, but she said she's still sending out notifications. I asked her if that was just waitlist and rejection notifications or if acceptances were being sent out as well, and she told me acceptances WILL be sent out. Regardless of the notification, she said we can expect to be notified through email.

Also, a friend told me she got waitlisted as #98 not too long ago. I estimate the list will be up to around 120 max, but who knows.
Yikes #98?! Man that's rough.

Best of luck!

Out of curiosity, anyone from the 1/30 interview day get accepted? Wondering to what degree our chances may or may not have already been predetermined prior to us interviewing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was waitlisted last year, #30, and was accepted the first week of May. Everyone is ranked and they go in number order. It has nothing to do with interview date. About half of my class got accepted off the waitlist. I even know someone who was in the 70's who got in at the end of June. So the waitlist really is NOT a bad thing. You just have to be patient and put out some money in a deposit somewhere. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Out of curiosity, anyone from the 1/30 interview day get accepted? Wondering to what degree our chances may or may not have already been predetermined prior to us interviewing

Yeah one person joined the fb group earlier this morning. Myself and at least one other person from our group were waitlisted

Rejected from UCSF. Wish UCSF would do better a job of selecting interviewers that are a little more sociable and can speak English better. Oh well.

Good luck to the rest of you. My rejection was sent a couple of mins ago. I was instate, btw.

I was waitlisted last year, #30, and was accepted the first week of May. Everyone is ranked and they go in number order. It has nothing to do with interview date. About half of my class got accepted off the waitlist. I even know someone who was in the 70's who got in at the end of June. So the waitlist really is NOT a bad thing. You just have to be patient and put out some money in a deposit somewhere. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! They went all the way to #70 for your class...?
During my interview(1/23), they mentioned that only a little less than half of the class size was filled. So...I'm just confused about how this "waitlist" thing work...