***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Application was denied after being granted the supplemental app. I was a little surprised, and quite disappointed. I have above a 3.7 and a 24AA on the DAT. Guess I'll never know...

Members don't see this ad.

Application was denied after being granted the supplemental app. I was a little surprised, and quite disappointed. I have above a 3.7 and a 24AA on the DAT. Guess I'll never know...

I'm so sorry to hear that....Are you a CA resident by any chance?

No, I applied as a non-resident. According to their website that shouldn't matter but who knows.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I applied as a non-resident. According to their website that shouldn't matter but who knows.

Good luck!

Really? I thought UCSF does favor in-state students more since it is a state-school after all. Interesting..

According to the UCSF Admissions Statistics,

Residence profile:
California- 891 applicants, 75 admission offers, ~8.42%
OOS- 945 applicants, 38 admission offers, ~4.02%

UCSF seems to favor in-state students, but not by a HUGE margin

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys i don't mean to scare or discourage you. i was the one who was rejected from ucsf. my grades weren't that high so maybe that could have been why. i had a 3.39 ogpa/ 3.47 sgpa 24AA 25TS 23PAT. i called them this morning and the lady was really nice but told me they do not offer personal evaluations. she did say they take on a more holistic approach to evaluating an applicant so stats aren't everything. i wish you all the best of luck!
With that stats, I really hope you get into columbia or any other competutive schools you applied to. :confused: and it does sound really weird that someone like you got rejected this early...

With that stats, I really hope you get into columbia or any other competutive schools you applied to. :confused: and it does sound really weird that someone like you got rejected this early...
thanks! you don't know how much comments like this cheer me up! gives me back some self esteem lost by this application cycle.

Hey guys, I'm doing the supplemental app now and I just realized they only require 1 semester of orgo. Should I list both orgo 1 and orgo 2 on the PDF? I got a higher grade in orgo 2 so if they only want us to list one class, I'd like to put orgo 2 but I'm worried that may seem odd. How did you guys handle this?

Hey guys, I'm doing the supplemental app now and I just realized they only require 1 semester of orgo. Should I list both orgo 1 and orgo 2 on the PDF? I got a higher grade in orgo 2 so if they only want us to list one class, I'd like to put orgo 2 but I'm worried that may seem odd. How did you guys handle this?

I put both. Also, how long did it take you guys to receive the application complete email after submitting the supplemental? I have been waiting for 3 weeks and still nothing.

I was in the same boat, haha so that's funny. Definitely only put 1 since that's all they ask for. I bit the bullet and put Orgo I since it made more sense chronologically.

I was in the same boat, haha so that's funny. Definitely only put 1 since that's all they ask for. I bit the bullet and put Orgo I since it made more sense chronologically.

I put both. I believe the application says if multiple classes fulfill the requirement, then you can put all that apply. It also said to make sure that you're not including classes that aren't applicable.

I think you guys are really over analyzing this, haha. Like Danielqta said, just put all that apply. Remember - they still have full access to your transcripts on AADSAS.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yesterday (9/11), I finally received application complete email from UCSF after sending my secondary on 8/15. The waiting game still continues

I just received an e-mail that there was an error in giving out supplementals and everything will be sorted out soon
What does this mean? Were some people not supposed to receive them?? o_o

What does this mean? Were some people not supposed to receive them?? o_o

Wow that post was a long time ago. Rest assured, everyone who got an email were suppose to receive the supplemental. However, when the send the supplemental invite, the email address and names were mixed up. They fixed everything in a couple of days.

Wow that post was a long time ago. Rest assured, everyone who got an email were suppose to receive the supplemental. However, when the send the supplemental invite, the email address and names were mixed up. They fixed everything in a couple of days.
Oh ok, thanks! Haha I purposely didn't get on SDN while submitting secondaries because it can get a bit overwhelming...saw that comment and thought "oh shoot, I'm probably one of them". Now I just sit back, relax (not really), and wait for them interviews!

Got my interview invite today!!!!! I'm schedule for Oct 27th! UCSF was definitely a reach for me, so I am ecstatic!

Reactions: 1 users
Got my interview invite today!!!!! I'm schedule for Oct 27th! UCSF was definitely a reach for me, so I am ecstatic!
Congrats!!! I AM SO JEALOUS! Are you in-state? Which batch?

Me too, see you there! I wonder if we have the first interview date!

Congrats!!! I AM SO JEALOUS! Are you in-state? Which batch?
Thank you! :) I'm not exactly sure what batch I was, lol. But my AADSAS application was mailed out on July 7, and I received my "application complete" email from UCSF on August 5, if that helps.

just found out i was rejected today after submitting the supplemental back in july :( it's a bit surprising for me but oh well i guess. my stats are 3.89 cumulative gpa with 23 TS/22 AA (also a california resident).

good luck to everyone who's gotten interviews!

Ahhhhhhhh interview!!!:soexcited:

Interviewing October 20!

GPA: 3.72, 3.69 science
DAT: 22 AA, 22 TS, 22 PAT
State: CA
Mail out date: 7/7

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh I also got rejected. CA resident. I had good stats but my extracurriculars aren't stellar so that's probably what did me in...I just hope UCLA places more emphasis on stats =[

i had a lot of extracurriculars but still got rejected. 400+ hours of community service, 2-3 years doing research (being published in a scientific journal), and teaching experience, which is why i was surprised

i had a lot of extracurriculars but still got rejected. 400+ hours of community service, 2-3 years doing research (being published in a scientific journal), and teaching experience, which is why i was surprised
Well then no hope for any of us I guess :/

Well then no hope for any of us I guess :/
i wouldn't say that! the admissions committee may not have liked my personal statement or something else on the supplemental which led to my rejection. they do seem to look at students overall

i wouldn't say that! the admissions committee may not have liked my personal statement or something else on the supplemental which led to my rejection. they do seem to look at students overall
Hmm let's hope so and we will find out soon! Thank you for the encouragement :)

You sound like a really great applicant! I'm really surprised they didn't offer you an interview...best of luck with your other schools though! I'm sure you'll get into somewhere really great with those stats and ECs!
Do you mind sharing when you received your application complete email though?

Interview invite!! Interview on 10/27

You sound like a really great applicant! I'm really surprised they didn't offer you an interview...best of luck with your other schools though! I'm sure you'll get into somewhere really great with those stats and ECs!
Do you mind sharing when you received your application complete email though?
thanks for the support! it means a lot. i received my application complete on august 5th.

Would anyone mind elaborating on how the school contacted you about your status?

I got invited.... after seeing ones who have 24 or 25 aa with high GPAs getting rejected, I am not sure how I made this much far... I am very honored yet puzzled.. anyway for those of you who are curious, I am an international applicant who went to UC. Second application was submitted around the end of July.
Oct 31 it is!

I got invited.... after seeing ones who have 24 or 25 aa with high GPAs getting rejected, I am not sure how I made this much far... I am very honored yet puzzled.. anyway for those of you who are curious, I am an international applicant who went to UC. Second application was submitted around the end of July.
Oct 31 it is!
CONGRATS!!!! You just raised my hopes :D mind sharing you stats please?

Oct 31 it is!
And also when did you hear from them?

Damn that DAT score tho! Haha you definitely have the stats like everyone else does. You go!

Oct 31 it is!
congrats! when did you receive the "supplemental received" email?

congrats! when did you receive the "supplemental received" email?
Hmm I don't remember that, but I received under active review email a little less than a month ago. Hope this helps..

Hmm I don't remember that, but I received under active review email a little less than a month ago. Hope this helps..
Oh I think that's what I was talking about haha thanks!

Does anyone know the likelyhood of being accepted to UCSF if you attend the interview? I know UCLA accepts about 90% of the applicants they offer an interview to. Is this the same case for UCSF?