***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Does anyone know the likelyhood of being accepted to UCSF if you attend the interview? I know UCLA accepts about 90% of the applicants they offer an interview to. Is this the same case for UCSF?
Not sure but does it really matter? You make sure they want you after they see you :=|:-):

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the likelyhood of being accepted to UCSF if you attend the interview? I know UCLA accepts about 90% of the applicants they offer an interview to. Is this the same case for UCSF?

From the ADEA official guide book, it looks like UCLA accepts 92% of the interviewed in-state students while UCSF only accepts 40% (or 38.9% to be completely accurate) of their interviewed in-state... for class entering fall 2013

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm about to start school at UCSF next week and can answer any questions you may have about the application, interview process and numbers. Send me messages.

Reactions: 4 users
JUST RECEIVED AN INTERVIEW! Ahh for everyone with a low GPA who is worried it may not happen, IT CAN HAPPEN! Stay positive :)!

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email from UCSF today...almost had a heart attack opening it but it was just a confirmation stating my supplemental application has been received/processed and will now be up for review. x_x

For those who received interviews: how soon after completing your supplemental did you hear back and was there an update on your AADSAS status?

Do you mind sharing when you finished your supplemental and when they sent you the application complete under review email? Thanks in advance!!
Thank you! :) !! I am in state. My cGPA is a 3.12 (upward trend my last year w/all upper div bio&chem GPA3.83), DAT 23AA 24TS 21PAT. I finished my supplemental 7/12 I believe... Mid July. They sent me the under review email 8/11 ( about 1 month later). I hope this helps :) Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview!!!

School: UCSF
Notification date: 09/17/2014
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: October 31st:alien:
Residency: California
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/2014
Application complete date: 06/19/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 07/22/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 08/11/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/20/None

Anyone else receive an interview on Halloween?

I wonder how many OOS invites UCSF sends out pre-december

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for you guys...

I have just submitted my supplemental app. However, when I reviewed my application after submission the prereq worksheet came out completely blank! Did this happened to you guys as well?

Just got an interview!!!

Notification date: 09/17/2014
Interview Date: October 31st:alien:
Residency: California
Application complete date: 06/19/2014
Supplemental Complete date: 07/22/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 08/11/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/22/20/None

Anyone else receive an interview on Halloween?
I'll be interviewing on Halloween too! :)

Reactions: 1 user
OOS interview invite! Will be declining, hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else! It's for November 3rd btw

OOS interview invite on 10/31! looks like i'll b in sf for halloween.

Congrats!!!! Mind your stats? When did you submit your supplemental?

hope this helps..good luck all!

Notification date: 09/23/2014
Interview Date: October 31st
Residency: NY
Supplemental Complete date: sometime before 7/28/2014
"Your file is complete" Email: 08/7/2014
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/23/22/None

For those of you with interviews, did you accept by replying directly to the email they sent even though it was from a donotreply email? Or did you send a new email to a different address?

For those of you with interviews, did you accept by replying directly to the email they sent even though it was from a donotreply email? Or did you send a new email to a different address?

although the address they sent to you is a "dont reply" address, if you hit "reply" on your email, it should have the address: [email protected]
that is the one you have to respond to...they will send you a confirmation email shortly after

What time were the e-mails sent out for interviewees?

Have any of you with an interview been able to reschedule? I'm so grateful but the date I was given doesn't work for me.

mine was sent around 2pm eastern.

Have any of you with an interview been able to reschedule? I'm so grateful but the date I was given doesn't work for me.

they seem pretty strict with rescheduling...even if u have a valid reason, it says they can't guarantee a new date..

although the address they sent to you is a "dont reply" address, if you hit "reply" on your email, it should have the address: [email protected]
that is the one you have to respond to...they will send you a confirmation email shortly after
How many days later did they send your confirmation email? And did you ask them to confirm or did they just send one?

Mine was sent around noon.

How many days later did they send your confirmation email? And did you ask them to confirm or did they just send one?

they sent a confirmation immediately..literally 5 minutes after i replied. i didnt ask them to confirm..they just did.

Does anybody know how to fill out the prereq form? Chem 121A doesn't fit in the box

So my school has the same issue. My OChem course number is CHEM 320A, so I squished it to CHM320A. I called their admissions office, and this was what they told me to do.

So my school has the same issue. My OChem course number is CHEM 320A, so I squished it to CHM320A. I called their admissions office, and this was what they told me to do.

Great good to know. I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure.

Just got rejected with 3.4 GPA and 22 AA and TS, OOS. Best of luck to everyone interviewing

Wow, thanks for letting us know customx . Pnamiran, would you mind if I asked for your stats, scores,etc?

Just got rejected with 3.4 GPA and 22 AA and TS, OOS. Best of luck to everyone interviewing
Don't be sad, I got rejected from other schools, too...it just happens and it's part of the process, but you'll eventually get in so just try to be patient and don't think about it as much

Wow, thanks for letting us know customx . Pnamiran, would you mind if I asked for your stats, scores,etc?
sGPA: 3.88
oGPA:3.83
AA:21
TS:22
PAT:20
Shadowing: 650 hrs
Volunteering: 120 hrs
Research: just started it around April 2014

Nothing special other than these :)

Congrats pnamiran and thank you for sharing, I wish you the best of luck. Were you Instate?

sGPA: 3.88
oGPA:3.83
AA:21
TS:22
PAT:20
Shadowing: 650 hrs
Volunteering: 120 hrs
Research: just started it around April 2014

Nothing special other than these :)
Would you mind letting us know which batch you were and when you submitted your supplemental? Much appreciated and congrats!

Would you mind letting us know which batch you were and when you submitted your supplemental? Much appreciated and congrats!
3rd batch I guess (mail-out 7/11), and submitted the secondary on July 23rd :)

So I noticed that from when we first heard about invitations (9/15) to now, all the people that put up their AADSAS/supplemental submission dates were 3rd to 4th batchers. I don't know what kind of anxious, pre-dent voodoo we can derive from this, but I'm willing to make some magic.

How soon after completing the secondary did anyone receive a confirmation/processed email? It's been over a month since I've submitted it, still no updates, and my UCSF portal states it could take an additional 4-6 weeks once processed...guess no pre-Dec interviews with UCSF for me :/

How soon after completing the secondary did anyone receive a confirmation/processed email? It's been over a month since I've submitted it, still no updates, and my UCSF portal states it could take an additional 4-6 weeks once processed...guess no pre-Dec interviews with UCSF for me :/

It took me literally like 5-6 weeks before I got that confirmation email. I am now afraid with all these people with high stats being rejected, I'm going to also suffer the same fate.

It took me literally like 5-6 weeks before I got that confirmation email. I am now afraid with all these people with high stats being rejected, I'm going to also suffer the same fate.
Oh goodness...well hopefully I receive a confirmation soon, just so I know my application is being looked at. Don't lose hope!! We can't really pinpoint what the adcoms want in their students so hopefully we have good news come out way in the future! :)

Last edited:
^hmm to give you another point of reference, I submitted my UCSF supplemental the weekend of the 19th of September and I received my confirmation email the 25th of September.

I submitted the supp 9/5 and got the confirmation 9/18. Not sure why for some people it takes a week and for others a month =/

just got an interview invite for 11/7!