***The Official UCSF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hi Daniel
You seem to be pretty active in this page. Could you give me more details about the interview day. Mine is on the last day of Jan.
greatly appreciated
Hi, sorry I just got back from Hawaii. What do you want to know exactly? I'll post what I told another prospective student here so everyone gets the same, fair information:

"Think of it more as an orientation than an interview. The deans that spoke are very laid back and make you feel comfortable. I went to a Cal State, so I was pretty intimidated by the people from crazy schools that were there at my interview.

The day starts at 9:00 am, but I got there an hour early. There were already so many people there by the time I got there. I think there were roughly 20 people altogether that day

Everything from 9 - 11:30 is talking about the school and doing student tours. From 11:30 - 12:15, you have lunch with current students and ask them whatever questions you have about the school. Everything up to this point is not considered for your interview.

From 12:15 - 1:15 are interviews. It's a closed file interview, and consists of one faculty and one student interview. The order in which you are interviewed is determined by Dina, the program coordinator.

After all the interviews are done, you go as a group to the library where you will do the written portion of the essay. It's done on computer and the text box where you write your essay is not too big, so anticipate that. After the essay, you evaluate the day and that's it.

I wish I had said that I didn't like the format of the essay in my evaulation. It was so hard to write an essay on the computer and in such a small text. Please include that in your evaluation if you get a chance!"

Hope this helps. Congrats on your interview invitation!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, sorry I just got back from Hawaii. What do you want to know exactly? I'll post what I told another prospective student here so everyone gets the same, fair information:

"Think of it more as an orientation than an interview. The deans that spoke are very laid back and make you feel comfortable. I went to a Cal State, so I was pretty intimidated by the people from crazy schools that were there at my interview.

The day starts at 9:00 am, but I got there an hour early. There were already so many people there by the time I got there. I think there were roughly 20 people altogether that day

Everything from 9 - 11:30 is talking about the school and doing student tours. From 11:30 - 12:15, you have lunch with current students and ask them whatever questions you have about the school. Everything up to this point is not considered for your interview.

From 12:15 - 1:15 are interviews. It's a closed file interview, and consists of one faculty and one student interview. The order in which you are interviewed is determined by Dina, the program coordinator.

After all the interviews are done, you go as a group to the library where you will do the written portion of the essay. It's done on computer and the text box where you write your essay is not too big, so anticipate that. After the essay, you evaluate the day and that's it.

I wish I had said that I didn't like the format of the essay in my evaulation. It was so hard to write an essay on the computer and in such a small text. Please include that in your evaluation if you get a chance!"

Thanks. This helps alot.

What was the prompt of the essay?

What was the prompt of the essay?
There are different prompts. Each person is given a different short quote or one from a series of different quotes, and are instructed to write an essay on it. It is very open ended and the direction you choose to go with it is whatever you interpret of that quote. Very ambiguous if you ask me, but I thought it was fun lol.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed recently, did your AADSAS status change from "Invited for Interview"?

I wish I had said that I didn't like the format of the essay in my evaulation. It was so hard to write an essay on the computer and in such a small text. Please include that in your evaluation if you get a chance!" /QUOTE]

I think other interviewees had similar issues because James prompted us to open a Word doc to write the essay prior to transferring and submitting it! Thanks for the help!

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the long hiatus and lack of replies. I've been on vacation, lol.

For those who interviewed recently, did your AADSAS status change from "Invited for Interview"?

Yeah, mine's been changed to under review again...sort of freaked me out when I noticed three of my "invited to interview" went down to two and I was scrambling to see which one it was and where it went...lol

Hey, does anyone know that for UCSF's prereqs, if I have both AP physics c mechanics and e&m credits, do I need to retake them in college? Thanks in advance!

Mi

Mine changed to "Recieved/under review" not "Complete/Under review". I was wondering if anyone else has the same.
Did you ever hear back from UCSF?

Did you ever hear back from UCSF?
I'm still waiting to hear back. A little anxious because I was told they might send out another round of acceptances at the end of this month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah when I interviewed on Jan 23 they said we may hear something in a week and a half so right about first week of Feb.
Good luck to you!
I'm still waiting to hear back. A little anxious because I was told they might send out another round of acceptances at the end of this month!

Yeah when I interviewed on Jan 23 they said we may hear something in a week and a half so right about first week of Feb.
Good luck to you!
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

When you interviewed, did James or anyone mention how many spots were still left? I interviewed on the 16th and they made it seem like a little over half was full and people were declining their offers the morning of our interview...but that still means a lot of seats are open. o_o

Last edited:
Thanks! Good luck to you too!

When you interviewed, did James or anyone mention how many spots were still left? I interviewed on the 16th and they made it seem like a little over half was full and people were declining there offers the morning of our interview...but that still means a lot of seats are open. o_o
You're correct, about 44 seats were left. He said there was going to be 2 more rounds of selection and they would not over accept people for the number of seats they have. So roughly they are going to hand out 40 or so more acceptances withing the next 1-2 weeks and give those people 2 weeks to reply. Then they send out their final batch of acceptance along with the waitlist (which is ranked). James stated that over the years there has been as many as 20 or so people who were on the waitlist but eventually got accepted however there was a year that the number 1 spot on the waitlist never got in. It all depends on how many people reject which they have no control off obviously.

You're correct, about 44 seats were left. He said there was going to be 2 more rounds of selection and they would not over accept people for the number of seats they have. So roughly they are going to hand out 40 or so more acceptances withing the next 1-2 weeks and give those people 2 weeks to reply. Then they send out their final batch of acceptance along with the waitlist (which is ranked). James stated that over the years there has been as many as 20 or so people who were on the waitlist but eventually got accepted however there was a year that the number 1 spot on the waitlist never got in. It all depends on how many people reject which they have no control off obviously.
:wow:

When I interviewed at the beginning of this month Betzbe said they'd be reviewing the last week of January and first week of February... But what does that even mean??? did anyone catch him say when selections/notifications would be made? I've been compulsively checking my phone every hour since monday...

When I interviewed at the beginning of this month Betzbe said they'd be reviewing the last week of January and first week of February... But what does that even mean??? did anyone catch him say when selections/notifications would be made? I've been compulsively checking my phone every hour since monday...

received the offer of acceptance from the Dean an hour ago.

Reactions: 2 users
received the offer of acceptance from the Dean an hour ago.
It's begun! Congrats on your acceptance! Any information you can provide for us waiting to hear back?? What day did you interview?

It's begun! Congrats on your acceptance! Any information you can provide for us waiting to hear back?? What day did you interview?

Hi,

thanks. I interviewed on January 16th. and as said before, we were told that the committee would meet twice. once this week (which means they did) between Monday and Wednesday, and once more in February. process is finished in mid February when wait list is made and everyone else is rejected.

Hi,

thanks. I interviewed on January 16th. and as said before, we were told that the committee would meet twice. once this week (which means they did) between Monday and Wednesday, and once more in February. process is finished in mid February when wait list is made and everyone else is rejected.
I interviewed the same day as you!

For those still waiting: so I just called and although Dina couldn't provide the actual decision made on my application, I was told UCSF will be calling people tomorrow and on Monday...until the "final" batch of acceptances mid Feb.

JK!!! I just received FIVE emails from Ucsf!! Because of course they knew that id need thousands of messages to confirm this isn't a dream.

got the acceptance call and e-mail today!
interviewed nov. 20

Reactions: 1 users
I called Dina today and she said they'll send the next round on Monday...she also said they have filled about half of the class.
Thank you so much for the update, Pnamiran! I interviewed in October so I'm hoping they are still giving acceptances out to pre-dec interviews! Wishing you the best of luck!!:luck:

Thank you so much for the update, Pnamiran! I interviewed in October so I'm hoping they are still giving acceptances out to pre-dec interviews! Wishing you the best of luck!!:luck:
Same! Good luck you guys. Crossing my fingers so hard!

It's Monday !! Has anyone heard back ??

Nope, I don't think I'll be getting an offer. It's already 4 pm in the east coast and I'm losing hope. Hopefully I'm on the waitlist.

At our interview on Friday I think they said calls would be going out in the middle of this week so don't get discouraged!

My best friend just got in!!! :soexcited:

Congrats to your friend!! Yayy! Do you mind sharing when they got the call? And if you know when they interviewed?! :) Thank you!

She got the call today around 3pm PST and interviewed mid-late October. :)

Got the call today around 3:20pm PST. So excited!!! Interviewed Nov 20/14 and OOS still surreal! Can't wait

I also got the call yesterday at 3:10. Did anyone that recently got accepted this weekend get an official email yet?

I also got the call yesterday at 3:10. Did anyone that recently got accepted this weekend get an official email yet?
Nothing yet. Contacted Dina and she said can take a couple days but will be receiving one shortly. Congrats!

Did anyone hear anything today??

Nope, I don't think I'll be getting an offer. It's already 4 pm in the east coast and I'm losing hope. Hopefully I'm on the waitlist.
Same here :( Hopefully we hear something tomorrow. When was your interview?

Just got another email stating that "no decision has been finalized" on my application and that I am "still under consideration". Having received this after another round of offers makes me think that I am on the wait list. Not sure. Anybody else get this?

Trying to be patient and to hope for the best.

Just got another email stating that "no decision has been finalized" on my application and that I am "still under consideration". Having received this after another round of offers makes me think that I am on the wait list. Not sure. Anybody else get this?

Trying to be patient and to hope for the best.

I got the same email as well.. All we can do now is wait to hear back in mid-February

Has anyone here who had an interview on 1/30 heard anything yet?

Had interview and status just changed to "Received/Under Review" from "Invited for Interview." Anyone else have this happen and what was the outcome?

Had interview and status just changed to "Received/Under Review" from "Invited for Interview." Anyone else have this happen and what was the outcome?
Just means they are reviewing your app, some people have been accepted and some have not heard back yet.