***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Eh, I'd rather be informed of my rejection immediately rather than having it stretched out to Dec 1 or beyond. If they know they aren't taking me, I'd like to know about it as soon as they come to that decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
First rejection. I have a higher GPA and DAT than their average 2015 admitted student. I thought my application was pretty well rounded but no one can win them all. Good luck everyone!

Here's the email they sent out:

I regret to inform you that your application for admission to the UCSF, School of Dentistry for fall 2016 has been denied. This decision was made after careful consideration of all the information contained in your application. Unfortunately, we receive applications from many more qualified applicants than there are spaces in the entering class.

I know that this is a disappointment to you, and hope that you will not let this discourage you from pursuing your goal of becoming a dentist. Should you wish to apply again to the UCSF School of Dentistry, you will have to do so in a future admissions cycle. The next cycle will be for fall 2017 admission and will open in June 2016.

Reactions: 1 user
First rejection. I have a higher GPA and DAT than their average 2015 admitted student. I thought my application was pretty well rounded but no one can win them all. Good luck everyone!

I regret to inform you that your application for admission to the UCSF, School of Dentistry for fall 2016 has been denied. This decision was made after careful consideration of all the information contained in your application. Unfortunately, we receive applications from many more qualified applicants than there are spaces in the entering class.

I know that this is a disappointment to you, and hope that you will not let this discourage you from pursuing your goal of becoming a dentist. Should you wish to apply again to the UCSF School of Dentistry, you will have to do so in a future admissions cycle. The next cycle will be for fall 2017 admission and will open in June 2016.
jeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz... if u cant get in with those stats. ****.. LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Wow, I'm sorry man. But with those stats you'll get into great schools! You're more of a UCLA person anyway ;)

Wow. I feel like it's really hard to predict what they are looking for. But your stats are still stellar! You will definitely be hearing from other schools!

I also received a rejection tonight :( Good luck to everyone :thumbup:

I just joined u for the big R GD2015

Rejection an hour ago. Found it in my spam.

Hopefully we can look back in a year and laugh it off. But for now, I think I'm gonna have a shot of whiskey

Reactions: 13 users
im hella scared of getting an email from them right now. aha

Members don't see this ad :)
No rejection yet for me, first batch and OOS. Hopefully a good sign

Did anyone's portal change after receiving the rejection email?

Hopefully we can look back in a year and laugh it off. But for now, I think I'm gonna have a shot of whiskey
Lol I'm with you on that.
Did anyone's portal change after receiving the rejection email?
I just checked my portal and it was moved down to the bottom and says "09/01/2015 Application Denied"

UCSF is very research heavy so if you haven't done something phenomenal in research in addition to a well-rounded, high stat application, then it's likely you won't be granted an interview.

UCSF is very research heavy so if you haven't done something phenomenal in research in addition to a well-rounded, high stat application, then it's likely you won't be granted an interview.

many in state applicants got in without research last cycle though

what you consider as something phenomenal in research?

many in state applicants got in without research last cycle though

what you consider as something phenomenal in research?
like creating transgenic zebrafish that can shoot laser out of eyes?

Reactions: 3 users
I meant to say for OOS applicants. I would say at least 1 meaningful publication in which you're 1st or 2nd author, but the more the better.

I meant to say for OOS applicants. I would say at least 1 meaningful publication in which you're 1st or 2nd author, but the more the better.

UCSF has a large population of students, both in and out of state, who have no research experience nor a single publication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8 users

I see, well yea for OOS at UCSF its tough.

idk where you get 1st and 2nd author pub from but undergrad almost have no chance at publishing 1st author at a "meaningful journal" because most work under someone else.

basic research took so long, around 3-4 year for a pub so I guess you mean clinical research

I see, well yea for OOS at UCSF its tough.

idk where you get 1st and 2nd author pub from but undergrad almost have no chance at publishing 1st author at a "meaningful journal" because most work under someone else.

basic research took so long, around 3-4 year for a pub so I guess you mean clinical research
I have several.

I have several.

really? how? graduate study? then nvm i mean a undergrad fresh out of 4 year college. research is not done that fast if it is basic or like genuine ground breaking research.

really? how? graduate study? then nvm i mean a undergrad fresh out of 4 year college. research is not done that fast if it is basic or like genuine ground breaking research.

It depends on what you study

I do microbiology and it would take too much time for an undergrad to carry out their own study and publish it in a journal (not obscure) and be considered a first author.

However if you were in PDbio it happens a lot faster.

It depends on what you study

I do microbiology and it would take too much time for an undergrad to carry out their own study and publish it in a journal (not obscure) and be considered a first author.

However if you were in PDbio it happens a lot faster.

yea microbio (basic research) takes so much time.

what is PDbio? some stimulation?

yea microbio (basic research) takes so much time.

what is PDbio? some stimulation?

Physiological developmental biology.
Clinical research like you said.

Most undergrads on hear that say they did "significant" research and were published did some simple drug trial or something simpler.

Luckily Adcoms know better than they do.

I had 0 research hours. I was just hoping that, by some miracle, the person checking my application would be drunk and inadvertently invite me to an interview. That failed...

Most undergrads on hear that say they did "significant" research and were published did some simple drug trial or something simpler.

I know for a fact clinical trial and drug trial, authors can publish negative result or write some paper that analyze the result. Drug trial aka. inputting data and calculate numericals is what undergrad at my school did.

yea :( sadly, the research i was in took horrendously long 2+ year 1 coauthorship not even 2nd because they collaborate with other university and stuff.

Actually most undergrads who say they've done 'significant' research probably have done much more than a drug trial. Let's leave this thread to matters dealing with interviews/acceptances at Ucsf now.

Received my interview e-mail today!!! Will be interviewing on October 5th! :soexcited:

Interview!!
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/15
Application complete date: 07/27/15
Interview Date: 10/05/15
Residency: NV
GPA: oGPA 3.38; sGPA 3.53; BCP GPA 3.91; Postbac GPA 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/ any below 17). 22/23/25/23/no

Reactions: 4 users
Interview!!
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25/15
Application complete date: 07/27/15
Interview Date: 10/05/15
Residency: NV
GPA: oGPA 3.38; sGPA 3.53; BCP GPA 3.91; Postbac GPA 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/ any below 17). 22/23/25/23/no
And so it begins... Congrats!

Congrats. I just got rejected lol. What are your stats?

Thank you! Don't be discouraged, there are still plenty of great schools!

My stats as followed:
ogpa - 3.5, sgpa - 3.48, BCPgpa - 3.5
DAT: 22AA, 24TS, 24PAT
Lots of EC's and Research :)

Interview notification today. Super psyched!!

25TS/24AA/21PAT
3.74 GPA / 3.86 BCP

Nontraditional applicant, no research background and lots of extracurriculars.

I haven't been rejected...... yet.

I'm a non trad too. with an unusual background. No word yet

I am hardly banking on an interview much less an acceptance from UCSF but I admire those that worked hard enough to achieve one. Congrats everyone.

I am hardly banking on an interview much less an acceptance from UCSF but I admire those that worked hard enough to achieve one. Congrats everyone.
It's not over till it's over. You're still in this.

Received my interview e-mail today!!! Will be interviewing on October 5th! :soexcited:
When did you get the email from them saying your supplemental application was received? I haven't heard from them yet so I'm praying there's still hope. They received my supplemental/my file was complete on 8/13.

My friend was rejected with a 23AA about a week or so ago and I was rejected yesterday with a 24AA. Go figure!

My friend was rejected with a 23AA about a week or so ago and I was rejected yesterday with a 24AA. Go figure!
I'm starting to think I'll be getting one of those emails in the near future haha. When did they receive your supplemental?

I'm starting to think I'll be getting one of those emails in the near future haha. When did they receive your supplemental?
Late evening of the same day they sent it to me, which was sometime in July.

I'm gonna tell you now that if you do receive one, it burns pretty badly LOL

Did you guys receive an email saying they received your supplemental? I just got one saying that my payment was received

Rejected with a 24AA? Wow.... I'm starting to get worried.

If you're from CA, you should be fine!
A lot of rejections earlier in this thread are students from Cali, also with high stats. It certainly takes you down a notch knowing just having the numbers won't get you through the door but with this many rejections early on and an in depth secondary, you can't help but to think UCSF knows what kind of student they want. (Whatever that is)