***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got the invite!!! Cannot be more happy. How did you guys reply yo accept the interview date?
Congrats! If you hit the reply button, it sends it to the correct email even though it might seem weird replying to an email that was sent from a "donotreply" email address.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! If you hit he reply button, it sends it to the correct email even though it might seem weird replying to an email that was sent from a "donotreply" email address.
I sent the confirmation and get an autoreply bc the office closed for Thanksgiving!!!! Also, my portal still says under review... I hope they didnt send me the invite on a mistake...

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent the confirmation and get an autoreply bc the office closed for Thanksgiving!!!! Also, my portal still says under review... I hope they didnt send me the invite on a mistake...
I'm sure it wasn't a mistake. They might not update AADSAS until after they get your confirmation email next week. Try to chill out and enjoy the holiday :p

Reactions: 1 user
So... another hour or so for this school?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else hear anything from UCSF? I wonder if they give out all of their acceptances in the morning

MAYBE LUNCH BREaK? Haha... sad lyfe.

so i guess that's it... :((((( still nothing

Theoretically speaking.. and maybe I'm just being desperate, but if they offer 60 spots via phone call, and assuming each phone call takes on average 5 minutes (to dial numbers, wait for person to pick up, and then to break the news), that means that should /at least/ take them 5 hours. So don't lose hope? At least that's what I'm telling myself..

Accepted! Phone call at 12:45 pm! ❤️

Reactions: 3 users
That no status status email... X.x ahah

Uh ohhh, Silent over here. No email or anything. +pity+

Did anyone recieve a rejection email/have their status on AADSAS change to denied?

Hi Guys,
Just wanted to give those who did not get a call today some words of encouragements. I was in your position last cycle and did not get an acceptance until mid January. UCSF normally only fills half of the class (4oish/88) by the first round of deposits and so yes there are many seats left. For those who did get accepted today however and have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask on this board. I know a few of the D1s are following on SDN and would be more than willing to give you an insight into life at UCSF so you can select the best school for you. Keep your heads up and be proud of how far you've gotten.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email last night saying that I'm still in the running even though they haven't called/sent a rejection email. That was very nice of them :)

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/21/2015
Application complete date: 8/27/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.4/3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/25/24/30

January interviewz. Notified last Thurzdays. Oonts oonts oonts.
Do you do the interviewz Jan 11?
-Raichurro

Just wanted to start thinking of how much going here will cost and just wondering are most people doing student housing? Is anyone planning on not? Because the cheapest I can find is 2400/month and im just wondering if I can borrow that much in loans?

Has anyone whos been accepted received the email from certiphi yet?

Just wanted to start thinking of how much going here will cost and just wondering are most people doing student housing? Is anyone planning on not? Because the cheapest I can find is 2400/month and im just wondering if I can borrow that much in loans?
Most of my friends living near ucsf are paying somewhere around $1000-1500 per room. It shouldn't be that expensive unless you want a whole apt for yourself

Any D1s wanna give us the run down at UCSF... ? Please :)
We're in the midst of finals right now, but we check FB quite often... lol Some of us have joined the FB page that you linked and would be more than happy to answers questions you have there.

Most of my friends living near ucsf are paying somewhere around $1000-1500 per room. It shouldn't be that expensive unless you want a whole apt for yourself
Isn't that through student housing though?

Hey guys I have an interview in January, and I was wondering if anyone can give some tips on what the interview is like, and the best way to prepare for it?

Hello! Finally got an invite today! My dream school haha.

School: UCSF
Notification Date: Nov 23, 2015
Method of Notification: Email
Interview Date: January 25th (Monday)
Residency: CA
AADSAS Mail-Out Date: 8/7/15 (7th batch)
Supplemental Complete Date: 8/25/15 (Received 8/11)
Under Review: 9/30/15
Science GPA (inc+/-): 3.10, Overall GPA: 3.34
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Below 17): 19/18/22/21/None

Also, just wanted to mention that if you haven't heard anything from them, don't worry like I did. Seriously, so much stress because I've been waiting for so long and there was no word. As long as you haven't gotten a rejection, you're still in the running!! Good luck, everyone!
hi, did you have any research experience?

hi, did you have any research experience?

I technically had 1 quarter of "research", but it was more like data collection and mostly manual labor than anything. I quit that, but still put it on my AADSAS app, if that helps!

Should I contact the school or is all hope lost?

I am a reapplicant - finished MS in Biology this semester (3.9 GPA with research in a neurobiology lab), DAT: 21TS, 21AA, 19PAT, 22 RC. I received an e-mail on 9/3 stating they received my app, but that it appeared to not meet the minimum requirements and must undergo a pre-screening review.... At the time I figured this was due to the fact that over the summer I was re-taking a prerequisite that I had a poor grade in from undergrad (got an A over the summer). Besides that I meet all of their requirements and was hoping to hear something from the school. Should I contact them or should I wait until I submit my academic update when my final Fall grades are complete, I don't want to come off as pushy/annoying? Or am I fooling myself to think I may still receive a spring interview? I love this school, I am even relocating to SF at the end of the month and just hope my application wasn't overlooked due to a misunderstanding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Should I contact the school or is all hope lost?

I am a reapplicant - finished MS in Biology this semester (3.9 GPA with research in a neurobiology lab), DAT: 21TS, 21AA, 19PAT, 22 RC. I received an e-mail on 9/3 stating they received my app, but that it appeared to not meet the minimum requirements and must undergo a pre-screening review.... At the time I figured this was due to the fact that over the summer I was re-taking a prerequisite that I had a poor grade in from undergrad (got an A over the summer). Besides that I meet all of their requirements and was hoping to hear something from the school. Should I contact them or should I wait until I submit my academic update when my final Fall grades are complete, I don't want to come off as pushy/annoying? Or am I fooling myself to think I may still receive a spring interview? I love this school, I am even relocating to SF at the end of the month and just hope my application wasn't overlooked due to a misunderstanding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. I think it's ironic your name is HopefulDent and you're asking if all hope is lost...
2. No, hope is not lost until you are formally rejected.
3. Did you list your summer class as "in progress" on your AADSAS? If so, they are likely waiting for the academic update. I think it's unlikely, but there is always a possibility that they did see a separate problem with your application.
4. Either way, it might be best to give them a call and check on its status. One phone call to make sure your application didn't get thrown out doesn't come off as pushy, and I'm sure they get a lot of people in similar situations... And that's what the admissions officers are there for. Just be polite about it.
5. There is still plenty of time for spring interviews, don't stress over it (too much). Good luck with the process and I hope you enjoy SF, it's a great city.

Holy wow! I just got invited for an interview over the phone! My app was sent pretty late for UCSF, 16th batch, so I am psyched.

$1000-1500 per room? o_O Where I'm from, that's an entire apartment to yourself, close to campus.

Few questions I haven't found while lurking:
  • Does UCSF rank their students?
  • And how does having a pass/fail curriculum affect what specialties are available to students?

For those of you who interviewed before Dec 1st, anyone got rejected? I guess we are all in the running and got the email saying " no final decision has been made". For those of you that are in the same boat, what offers do you have at this point and what school will you pick if UCSF does not admit you?

Personally I have Upenn, Pitt, UDM, NYU and Maryland, waiting for decisions from UCSF and Michigan.

For those of you who interviewed before Dec 1st, anyone got rejected? I guess we are all in the running and got the email saying " no final decision has been made". For those of you that are in the same boat, what offers do you have at this point and what school will you pick if UCSF does not admit you?

Personally I have Upenn, Pitt, UDM, NYU and Maryland, waiting for decisions from UCSF and Michigan.

Is UCSF your top choice?

1. I think it's ironic your name is HopefulDent and you're asking if all hope is lost...
2. No, hope is not lost until you are formally rejected.
3. Did you list your summer class as "in progress" on your AADSAS? If so, they are likely waiting for the academic update. I think it's unlikely, but there is always a possibility that they did see a separate problem with your application.
4. Either way, it might be best to give them a call and check on its status. One phone call to make sure your application didn't get thrown out doesn't come off as pushy, and I'm sure they get a lot of people in similar situations... And that's what the admissions officers are there for. Just be polite about it.
5. There is still plenty of time for spring interviews, don't stress over it (too much). Good luck with the process and I hope you enjoy SF, it's a great city.

Haha, yeah couldn't think of a username and it worked.

Yes, I listed the courses as in progress on AADSAS. Since I finished up my degree this semester I am waiting for my official Fall grades before I submit the update. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it. I may give them a call Monday morning or email and hope for the best :)