***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Well that's frustrating, I submitted on 7/24 and still have not received an under review email :(

Members don't see this ad.

do all students who apple get the secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say approximately half to 2/3rd of applicants get a secondary. UCSF wants to see if you meet their minimum GPA and DAT requirement. I wouldn't stretch it out to say that only a "select few" get applications.

Hey guys! Applying here as well.

My application was sent on 8/5, so I still haven't gotten my supplement yet.

I know I should be patient, but may I ask what the "listing pre-req" part of the app is about? I didn't do so hot on pre-req classes because I ended up withdrawing a few. Do they want us to list those as well?

"listing pre-req" is a separate pdf you fill out and upload to the UCSF portal, listing all your lower div BCP. UCSF is interested in how many class you took, how many units, and the grade. I don't think there's room to list W's and retakes, so I'd only include your most recent attempt :)

Hey guys! Applying here as well.

My application was sent on 8/5, so I still haven't gotten my supplement yet.

I know I should be patient, but may I ask what the "listing pre-req" part of the app is about? I didn't do so hot on pre-req classes because I ended up withdrawing a few. Do they want us to list those as well?

I already turned mine in but check the pre-req instructions page!!!!!

I can no longer see the page since I already submitted, but I'm almost 100% sure it said to include W's as well

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything other than an invite for supplemental questions?

Submitted my supplemental on 8/3 and received the "under review" email on 8/18.

I got an email that they recieved my supplemental application and now my file will undergo review but it's quiet now. Hmmmm.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone studied abroad before?
i studied abroad for a summer and this is the only school that is asking me to submit a course by course evaluation. aadsas says they dont need my foreign transcript

has anyone studied abroad before?
i studied abroad for a summer and this is the only school that is asking me to submit a course by course evaluation. aadsas says they dont need my foreign transcript
I just listed what my US school has ok my transcript

UCSF got my app on 8/6, but they still havent even contacted me for supplement.. It's the only school I'm waiting to hear back. What is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

UCSF got my app on 8/6, but they still havent even contacted me for supplement.. It's the only school I'm waiting to hear back. What is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

May be you forgot to pay or send in a form? or didn't meet their class requirement?

Guys, for the prerequisite section of the supplemental application, do you guys think that UCSF puts A LOT more emphasis on the grades that we got on pre-reqs than the upper level science classes?
I did so badly on the pre-req classes because they were notorious for being weed out classes at my university. I withdrew from a few, and retook them, but I still got B's :( I have a strong upward trend in upper level biochemistry classes though. My sGPA is 3.58, oGPA is 3.63. Ugh.. I'm worried.... and I'm discouraged to put the grades that I received in these pre-reqs.

Guys, for the prerequisite section of the supplemental application, do you guys think that UCSF puts A LOT more emphasis on the grades that we got on pre-reqs than the upper level science classes?
I did so badly on the pre-req classes because they were notorious for being weed out classes at my university. I withdrew from a few, and retook them, but I still got B's :( I have a strong upward trend in upper level biochemistry classes though. My sGPA is 3.58, oGPA is 3.63. Ugh.. I'm worried.... and I'm discouraged to put the grades that I received in these pre-reqs.

For the Bio section I only put down my pre-req classes. So it was just two classes that I put down. I also used assist.org to help me out with the classes because I'm a CA resident. Also, you need to list your withdrawn classes as well.

When do you guys think interviews will be given out?

Submitted my supplemental by 7/30 and haven't gotten an 'under review' email so I called them up today. The lady processed my app right then and there and now I got the email. For those of you who haven't received a confirmation email, trying giving them a call.

Submitted my supplemental by 7/30 and haven't gotten an 'under review' email so I called them up today. The lady processed my app right then and there and now I got the email. For those of you who haven't received a confirmation email, trying giving them a call.
This is the email I got:
Please accept this message as confirmation that our office has received your supplemental application and that your file is complete. Your application will now enter our review process. If we require any additional materials, we will contact you directly.

Is this the one you're talking about?

This is the email I got:
Please accept this message as confirmation that our office has received your supplemental application and that your file is complete. Your application will now enter our review process. If we require any additional materials, we will contact you directly.

Is this the one you're talking about?

Yeah!

Got an interview! I am out of state and interview is on 9/30. Good luck guys!

Congrats! Was your AADSAS status Received/Under Review or Received/Application Complete?

I completed AADSAS on 6/5/2016, it was verified on 6/23/2016 and UCSF received my secondary on 7/15/2016.

I completed AADSAS on 6/5/2016, it was verified on 6/23/2016 and UCSF received my secondary on 7/15/2016.

Thanks for replying! I was wondering if your AADSAS status ever changed from Received/Under Review to Received/Application Complete since mine has been Received/Under Review since July. I have received an email from UCSF saying they received my secondary and my file is complete, but was just wondering if they ever change the AADSAS status...

I submitted my secondary on aug 1st and still haven't received file complete email. Anyone in the same shoe?

I submitted my secondary on aug 1st and still haven't received file complete email. Anyone in the same shoe?
No. I submitted my secondary August 15th and received the "application complete" email three days later. You might want to consider calling to see what's up.

Thanks for replying! I was wondering if your AADSAS status ever changed from Received/Under Review to Received/Application Complete since mine has been Received/Under Review since July. I have received an email from UCSF saying they received my secondary and my file is complete, but was just wondering if they ever change the AADSAS status...

Mine did not, it changed from under review to interview invite today.

I submitted by July 30th and didn't get an "under review" email either so I called them last week. Turns out they processed my application but just forgot to email me. The lady on the line was friendly and quickly resolved the issue. Try giving them a call and explaining the situation.

Reactions: 1 user
I suspect UCSF sends out invites to OOS first, so they can get that OOS tuition money :D

Man.... Cali applicants seriously getting no love :(

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted by July 30th and didn't get an "under review" email either so I called them last week. Turns out they processed my application but just forgot to email me. The lady on the line was friendly and quickly resolved the issue. Try giving them a call and explaining the situation.
Thank you so much for this information and good luck!