***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Congrats!!
Mine was complete on 7/29...time to panic lol!
I didn't submit till 9/1, I've been panicking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview invite today as well! OOS

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! when was your mail out date and app complete date?
My mail out date was 7/15 and my app complete was 7/22, but I received the supplemental complete email on 8/11 !! OOS applicant!

Last edited:
For the people who got an interview invite, did your AADSAS status ever change from Received/Under Review to Received/App Complete?

For the people who got an interview invite, did your AADSAS status ever change from Received/Under Review to Received/App Complete?

Yes, but mine was app complete first and then under review.

That would be the correct order

Thanks! and congratulations btw! I guess I don't remember mine being App Complete at anytime...I always remembered it as Under Review, but maybe I just didn't really notice...

Members don't see this ad :)
Asking for a friend:
A friend received an interview invitation for September 30th, but she mentioned today that she just received a denial email from the school. Is it a mistake? or is ti possible to be denied even-though you have a schedule interview? She's calling UCSF on Monday.

Did your friend call? What did they say? Thank you! I also got a rejection email last friday 9/16 (I'm in state), and tried calling to see if there was a mistake. I dont think it is for me, but thought I would ask why I was rejected...

Did your friend call? What did they say? Thank you! I also got a rejection email last friday 9/16 (I'm in state), and tried calling to see if there was a mistake. I dont think it is for me, but thought I would ask why I was rejected...
What are your stats? I got rejected as well :/

For everyone who already got a rejection, when should I expect mine?

can you tell me when you received your "under review" emails?? I'd really appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got the invite yesterday too!

Is it odd that my AADSAS status is "Received/Under Review" and I haven't submitted my secondary?

I'm wondering the same since I got my app complete on 8/11 and looks like they've given interviews to people completed same day

Mine was complete and under review 8/29, so I have some time before I get a rejection probably oh whelpsss, can't win em all.

She did call. They double checked and it was a server error, pretty much she was put in the wrong list, which makes sense because she had her interview scheduled already.

I received an application complete/under review email from UCSF on 07/25th (AADSAS under review 07/15). I have not head anything from them about a rejection or interview. Is there anyone who has not heard from admissions with an early under review date?

I received an application complete/under review email from UCSF on 07/25th (AADSAS under review 07/15). I have not head anything from them about a rejection or interview. Is there anyone who has not heard from admissions with an early under review date?

I have an application complete 8/9. Under review since 7/22. Haven't heard.

UCSF gets 3,000 applications. Just try and be calm and patient. I'm in the same boat as in waiting for any communication.

same here...glad I'm not the only one. I got the application complete/under review email on 07/29 and AADSAS under review on 07/15, and still haven't heard back.

Can anyone tell me if the character counts for the secondary should include or exclude spaces? I was assuming they would include spaces like the AADSAS, but you never know.

EDIT: Never mind I answered my own question.

Last edited:
Anyone else going to the September 30th interview?

Rejected ://

GPA: 3.83 sGPA: 3.84
AA: 25 TS: 26
Mailout date: 7/15

Rejected.
In state
GPA: 3.8 / sGPA: 3.8
21 AA / 22 TS
Mail out date: 7/1

Are all of these rejections from yesterday?? If I applied super early and still haven't heard anything does that mean I will maybe get an interview?

Just a quick thing to think about. When I went to UCSF's intro to dentistry day, it seemed like one of the prominent themes was that the admissions committee isn't only concerned with your numbers. Students said they like applicants who are diverse and had colorful extracirriculars, especially long term ones. At least that's what I got from it.

Sorry to those who received rejections, you'll make it into a great school!

Reactions: 2 users
Are all of these rejections from yesterday?? If I applied super early and still haven't heard anything does that mean I will maybe get an interview?
I am in the same boat! You are not the only one out there. Applied day 2 of the cycle and submitted supplemental the day after it was offered to me. We can only hope for the best! Best of luck

Reactions: 1 users
these stats with rejections ...what the...! i was mailed out 7/22 and app completed on 8/28 so still waiting..

Last edited:
rejected
sGPA: 3.6
21 AA 22 PAT
CA resident and have lots of extracurriculars.
Not exactly sure what they are looking for

Interview Invite!

OOS. First batch. Supplemental confirmation email 8/04.

3.4 sGPA. 3.6 oGPA. 24 AA DAT

Interviewing 10/21

Reactions: 1 users
Interview Invite!

OOS. First batch. Supplemental confirmation email 8/04.

3.4 sGPA. 3.6 oGPA. 24 AA DAT

Interviewing 10/21

Congratulations! I'm worried I applied far too late, just submitted secondary a few days ago.