***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

rejected
sGPA: 3.6
21 AA 22 PAT
CA resident and have lots of extracurriculars.
Not exactly sure what they are looking for
Rejected as well. Everyone I know who has received interviews has been 22+ AA

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, when did you hear?

Thanks!

I got the email today; received about 3pm MDT.

Congrats!!!! They're really not doing this in any sort of order, huh? Lol

Thanks!

No, I guess not! I was kinda worried since I saw all the interview invites they already sent out. But then I was confused when people who submitted after I did got rejections... So I guess if you're in the same state I was in, just keep calm and wait for that invite??

Best of luck to both of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks!

I got the email today; received about 3pm MDT.

Thanks!

No, I guess not! I was kinda worried since I saw all the interview invites they already sent out. But then I was confused when people who submitted after I did got rejections... So I guess if you're in the same state I was in, just keep calm and wait for that invite??

Best of luck to both of you!

Do you know if they still have pre-december interview spots available? Do you have a lot of options to choose your interview date?

I don't actually know if they have pre dec spots left. I can assume so since I'm interviewing oct 21. They only give you one date. And they're actually really strict about what qualifies as a good excuse to reschedule. I only say strict since no other school listed appropriate reasons for rescheduling.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't actually know if they have pre dec spots left. I can assume so since I'm interviewing oct 21. They only give you one date. And they're actually really strict about what qualifies as a good excuse to reschedule. I only say strict since no other school listed appropriate reasons for rescheduling.

There are 6 interview dates before December and another 6 after December. They also don't really give interviews in order.

There are 6 interview dates before December and another 6 after December. They also don't really give interviews in order.

So there is still a plenty of spots right?

So there is still a plenty of spots right?
September 30th was the first one, so there should be at least 3 other interview dates before December. Each interview has 24 spots available and overall they are going to interview 288 people to fill 88 seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind letting me know the "subject" of the email? I don't think I received one and would just like to double check.
The supplemental website says allow 4-6 weeks for additional processing after you submit. So don't worry unless it's been over 6 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please put me out of my misery UCSF. :arghh: Either give me an interview invite or a rejection. I've been waiting since June.

Reactions: 5 users
^ Same.

Everything was mailed out on 7/15 and I still have yet to hear back (supplemental was sent at the end of July). That goes for other schools too, I haven't received any rejections yet (out of 13 schools). Is that normal? I have pretty good stats (3.5 gpas and 21 AA) but I figured I'd at least have one rejection by now. Do schools typically wait pretty late in the cycle to send them out?

Reactions: 1 users
^ Same.

Everything was mailed out on 7/15 and I still have yet to hear back (supplemental was sent at the end of July). That goes for other schools too, I haven't received any rejections yet (out of 13 schools). Is that normal? I have pretty good stats (3.5 gpas and 21 AA) but I figured I'd at least have one rejection by now. Do schools typically wait pretty late in the cycle to send them out?
How many interviews have you received? I applied to 12 schools and have 2 interview invites, but no rejections. I'm not as concerned about the lack of rejections, but rather the lack of interviews lol. The silence is deafening! lol

Would you mind letting me know the "subject" of the email? I don't think I received one and would just like to double check.

The subject line is: UCSF Dentistry: Supplemental Application Received

How many interviews have you received? I applied to 12 schools and have 2 interview invites, but no rejections. I'm not as concerned about the lack of rejections, but rather the lack of interviews lol. The silence is deafening! lol

I have received 4 interviews thus far. I hope to get a couple more invites, but even if I don't I think 4 is a good amount. I'm just confused by the lack of rejections. Maybe I'm just on a lot of waitlists?

Reactions: 2 users
What is the application complete email? I've only received the "supplemental application received" email on 8/18/16

Still mum from UCSF. . .I guess no news is good news at this point?

Under review since 8/25

Reactions: 1 users
Denied.

GPA: 3.71 sGPA: 3.65
23 AA 24TS 21 PAT
App under review 8/7

After I got rejected, I asked a current D3 and the consensus is that students here are really special. Most could have gotten into IVY's and their state schools but are just unique in some way. It seems like everyone that goes here seems much more laid back than UCLA and the ivies. Stats aren't the end all be all here too. Obviously having them helps when their average is a 21~22 aa so your application isn't tossed. But don't count yourself out though till you are!

Last edited:
Is that also when you received your "app/complete email"?

No, I didn't get an app complete email until much later. Apparently there was a hiccup in the system and they forgot to send it to me...:( the admissions lady said that my app was under review on 8/7 though, despite the delay in email.

Has anyone with an interview on 10/14 gotten paired with a host for dentstay yet if you are doing it?

I guess not hearing from UCSF or UoP since early July is a blessing and a curse. The blessing being I don't really have money for travel and board to SF and the curse being I'd love to interview at these schools.

Yes, still late to the party, but I got the "Supplemental Application Received" email today. It's something.

Nobody but UCSF knows that. Anyone else is just guessing.

Well, my interview invitation from Dental College of Georgia provided me with 6 dates to choose from, so I thought UCSF would do the same thing as well.

Well, my interview invitation from Dental College of Georgia provided me with 6 dates to choose from, so I thought UCSF would do the same thing as well.
True, I guess if people have access to the open dates still they may know.

Hey guys,

Before you get denied or an interview invite what was your status on ADEA AADSAS portal? Mine says Received/Under Review, is it suppose to say complete?

Hey guys,

Before you get denied or an interview invite what was your status on ADEA AADSAS portal? Mine says Received/Under Review, is it suppose to say complete?
It's usually goes from complete to under review. Complete means they have everything and under review means they are actually reviewing it.

It's usually goes from complete to under review. Complete means they have everything and under review means they are actually reviewing it.

I had 4 schools go from Received/Under Review to Received/Application Complete. So confused :lame: