*** The Official UF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

lr2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any thread for UF for this new cycle so I decided to make one. Good luck to all of you applying! and Go Gators! :luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Applying here for sure! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it's still early, but has anyone received the supplemental app yet??!

I have only received the Application Received email.

Is it true you only get the supplemental email if you are invited for an interview? I checked the 2017 thread and saw people getting interviews as early as Aug 15.

Is it true you only get the supplemental email if you are invited for an interview? I checked the 2017 thread and saw people getting interviews as early as Aug 15.

Supplemental app email comes before the interview invite.

I think my timeline was something like:

Application received: Early July
Supplemental received: Late July
Interview Invite: Mid August

Estimating last cycles numbers:

~1600 applicants
~500 supplementals
~350 interviews
~85 acceptances

-Those are all rough estimates

Supplemental app email comes before the interview invite.

I think my timeline was something like:

Application received: Early July
Supplemental received: Late July
Interview Invite: Mid August

Estimating last cycles numbers:

~1600 applicants
~500 supplementals
~350 interviews
~85 acceptances

-Those are all rough estimates
Thank you Kingsta2426!! :)

They increased the class size for 2017 so it's probably going to be the same for 2018, that's good news for you guys applying this cycle. I counted 94 people in the class of 2017 in the glass case near the office of admissions of accepted students. They usually accepted around 80-83 students in previous years.

Has anyone received a request to pay their application fee? I have only received an "Application Received" email

No secondary yet, but last week they requested my unofficial DAT score report since my scores aren't updated yet. They immediately replied back and said my application was in the queue to be reviewed by admissions. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

No secondary yet, but last week they requested my unofficial DAT score report since my scores aren't updated yet. They immediately replied back and said my application was in the queue to be reviewed by admissions. Hopefully we will hear back soon!

Same thing happened to me with same email! I'm hoping I get the supp!! My dream school

So I read on another thread that someone received the supp app and an interview invite! I haven't heard anything back yet :( My app was sent out in the first batch but my LORs are getting sent next week. Does anyone know if they grant interviews w/o LORs on file?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm instate and just got the interview invite/supp email! Beyond excited! Good luck to everyone!

So I read on another thread that someone received the supp app and an interview invite! I haven't heard anything back yet :( My app was sent out in the first batch but my LORs are getting sent next week. Does anyone know if they grant interviews w/o LORs on file?

I don't know for sure but since they say they do a "holistic" view of your application, I would assume they would want to look at the entire application first including LORs

I'm instate and just got the interview invite/supp email! Beyond excited! Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! What is your interview date?

Thank you! It was scheduled for July 31 but unfortunately that is right in the middle of my finals week for my summer classes! Looks like it will probably be sometime in August. I'm a UF alum and am hoping to be a Double Gator :)

Thanks for the reply biochem5! :)

And congrats afranchise!! Rock the interview :D

Sweet! Yes Go Gators is right.. This the obvious 1st choice in my book.

MEEE TOOOOO!!!!!!

Sooo, Am I missing something or is there no essay in this years supplemental??

Last edited:
Anybody else get the supplemental and notice no essay?! Just dbl checking cause I know they used to have one

Hey do any of you guys know any idea what they mean by undergraduate specialization?

Supplemental and interview on August 7th! :soexcited:

I have an interview two weeks from today! I am so excited!

Hey guys! So I only got the email for a supplemental and not interview.

Anyone else get an email on this/have any insight???

Hey guys! So I only got the email for a supplemental and not interview.

Anyone else get an email on this/have any insight???

Same here, received supplemental on sun And sent out Sunday night.. Hopefully will get some good news soon! Was wondering how long they take to make decisions on applicants like us... Supp without interview ppl

Hopefully its good news!
I'm on the same boat but my LOR's were finally uploaded this week and I guess will be sent out in the next mailing. Is your file complete by any chance? I was under the impression I had only received the supp app and no interview bc the file was incomplete.

I'm on the same boat but my LOR's were finally uploaded this week and I guess will be sent out in the next mailing. Is your file complete by any chance? I was under the impression I had only received the supp app and no interview bc the file was incomplete.

My file was complete( they had unofficial dat and as of now official) , but only received supplemental.. Lets all hope for something good .. I checked out last years thread and seems some heard news within a week of sending supp!! Just praying I get an interview.

My file was complete( they had unofficial dat and as of now official) , but only received supplemental.. Lets all hope for something good .. I checked out last years thread and seems some heard news within a week of sending supp!! Just praying I get an interview.
Me too! Praying for an interview as well. Good luck, hopefully we get some good news soon :)

Do not read too much into the whole "supp & interview" and "sup without interview." I was accepted this past cycle on Dec 3 (the first day for acceptances) and had received my supp and interview separately. I had lots of friends who applied and got them together and were not accepted and some who did get accepted. We all speculated the same thing last year before acceptances came out and it turned out to mean nothing. Don't sweat it if you didn't get an interview invite with your supplement.

Do not read too much into the whole "supp & interview" and "sup without interview." I was accepted this past cycle on Dec 3 (the first day for acceptances) and had received my supp and interview separately. I had lots of friends who applied and got them together and were not accepted and some who did get accepted. We all speculated the same thing last year before acceptances came out and it turned out to mean nothing. Don't sweat it if you didn't get an interview invite with your supplement.
That's great to know, thank you! I was getting a little worried bc UF is my top choice. I hope next week they send out a new wave of interviews :) and congrats on getting accepted!!

About how long after the supplemental did you get your interview??

About how long after the supplemental did you get your interview??

About 2 weeks later. There really is no correlation though with how quickly you get the supplement and how likely you are to get accepted. I know it stinks waiting and I was the same way, but you just have to hang tight for now.

I have my interview on July 31, and didnt see any essays on my supplemental. Good luck everyone :laugh:

No. Last week on July 12 supp/interview. But I was out of the country lol. They called me many times during last week, and yesterday I was finally able to speak with them to confirm my interview. I'm really excited.

No. Last week on July 12 supp/interview. But I was out of the country lol. They called me many times during last week, and yesterday I was finally able to speak with them to confirm my interview. I'm really excited.
Awesome!! Good luck on your interview :)

No. Last week on July 12 supp/interview. But I was out of the country lol. They called me many times during last week, and yesterday I was finally able to speak with them to confirm my interview. I’m really excited.

That has got to be so exciting!! Congrats! Hopefully I get mine soon! Mind sharing your stats by any chance? and are you an OOS?

About 2 weeks later. There really is no correlation though with how quickly you get the supplement and how likely you are to get accepted. I know it stinks waiting and I was the same way, but you just have to hang tight for now.

:thumbup: laa302426 is 100% correct, so don't get too caught up in the timing of the supplemental stuff/interview correlation. Last cycle I received my supplemental at the end of July and submitted it shortly thereafter... I didn't get an interview invite until November.