***The Official UF Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anybody heard anything? I know it is still early in Feb, but I am dying here...

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody heard anything? I know it is still early in Feb, but I am dying here...
I'm going to have a heart attack lol. Do you think they will send out the next round this week? Or have they said otherwise??

I'm going to have a heart attack lol. Do you think they will send out the next round this week? Or have they said otherwise??
I called the office last week and was told that the next round would be sent out either this week or next week. Judging from last year's thread, it was the first Tuesday of February. However, judging from last last year's thread, it was feb 1st I think. Therefore, it could be any day of this week or next week...

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the office last week and was told that the next round would be sent out either this week or next week. Judging from last year's thread, it was the first Tuesday of February. However, judging from last last year's thread, it was feb 1st I think. Therefore, it could be any day of this week or next week...
Yeah I figured looking from past years. I just want to know now. This is the only school that's keeping me from making my decision lol. Is this your top choice?

Yeah I figured looking from past years. I just want to know now. This is the only school that's keeping me from making my decision lol. Is this your top choice?
Oh yeah absolutely! This is the only school I applied

Reactions: 1 user
Yeeeeyy. Got the call today at 2:35pm EST. I can't believe I'm actually in))))

Reactions: 1 users
I am in !!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats everyone who got in! I didn't get a call so I suppose I'm still hanging out on the alternate list.

Too bad there is no indication of where each of us alternate listers are on the list or even the slightest idea if they are going to be taking any of us. and so I wait...

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they only called those who interviewed after December?

Yeah that is possibly the case. I know from looking at previous years threads that there have been a few waitlisters called on February 1st if they are able to be bumped up at that point. I was hopeful! :)

I just called UFCD and for the people on the alternate list from pre-dec interviews who are wondering, UFCD started to give offers to people on the alternate list

Hey yall, I called and all the calls for the waitlisted people were made last week. So now, its just if anyone decides to withdraw, a spot may open up here or there. Congrats to those who got in!!!!

The deadline for putting down deposit is Feb 18th, so I think there should be some spots open after that day unless they have given out way more offers that openings. Good luck guys!

Hey yall, I called and all the calls for the waitlisted people were made last week. So now, its just if anyone decides to withdraw, a spot may open up here or there. Congrats to those who got in!!!!
I see you have made your decision already, so what are you gonna do if you get accepted at UF? Just wondering:p

haha, its tricky. It would really depend if I didn't have everything set up to move already to Philly. My husband has a job here in Gainesville that we were trying to conserve, so thats really the main reason we would change plans and stay. Still, both UPenn and UF are fantastic schools so its hard to say! @bc1002. Im just happy that uncertainty is over!

haha, its tricky. It would really depend if I didn't have everything set up to move already to Philly. My husband has a job here in Gainesville that we were trying to conserve, so thats really the main reason we would change plans and stay. Still, both UPenn and UF are fantastic schools so its hard to say! @bc1002. Im just happy that uncertainty is over!

I totally understand your situation! My husband also has a job here that we would love to keep. It is one of the reasons why I only applied to UF this cycle. Good luck to you! UPenn is an absolutely awesome school!

I totally understand your situation! My husband also has a job here that we would love to keep. It is one of the reasons why I only applied to UF this cycle. Good luck to you! UPenn is an absolutely awesome school!
Good luck to you as well and congratulations!! Future dentists unite! :)

I got an email today about regarding being an alternate. I think they said they'll still be making offers up until orientation, but if everyone shows up for orientation (Aug 24) then the 2015 cycle would conclude. So I guess the class is full and if people drop during the next few months, then they'll pull people off.

Hasn't been any activity on here lately. I guess no one has dropped as of yet or heard anything since February?

I rejected my offer last week. Dr. Sandow called me and it led to a really awkward conversation.

I was called this week and also declined my offer. It was awkward for sure lol.

Worst part was that I wasn't expecting it... I was in the middle of an intense Madden game with my roommate, trash talking and all and then had to switch into professional mode real quick.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I still keep hoping to get a phone call. I had an unknown number call me earlier today from Florida, but I was in class and couldn't answer. Tried calling it back and no one answered. I wouldn't have thought much of it, but seeing that there is some activity going on has me deparately hopeful.

Ahhh! I don't know what to do. I was accepted to both UF and LECOM and loved both schools. I have a few weeks left to decide but am torn between my decision.

UF has the reputation and in-state public tuition but LECOM has that close-knit PBL group that I think I'll really like. I also love their new facilities.

Can anyone give me some advice? I honestly know I'll do my best at both schools. One thing that rubbed me the wrong way at UF was Pamela Sandow. She was probably the worst interviewer I've had out of the 9 interviews I've had this year. It makes me hesitant to go here because of my experience with her. But I'm hopeful my education at UF won't have anything to do with her.

My impression was that Uf students were more sleep deprived and stressed out compared to LECOM students.

Some dental students at UF have told me that they regret going there because of the administration, but there are those who like it there too. From my friends who go to UFCD now, they seem pretty stressed a lot of the time but manage to get through it. I also know a few people who feel that way about Sandow lol

Ahhh! I don't know what to do. I was accepted to both UF and LECOM and loved both schools. I have a few weeks left to decide but am torn between my decision.

UF has the reputation and in-state public tuition but LECOM has that close-knit PBL group that I think I'll really like. I also love their new facilities.

Can anyone give me some advice? I honestly know I'll do my best at both schools. One thing that rubbed me the wrong way at UF was Pamela Sandow. She was probably the worst interviewer I've had out of the 9 interviews I've had this year. It makes me hesitant to go here because of my experience with her. But I'm hopeful my education at UF won't have anything to do with her.

I know that I've spoken with several UF students who are always stressed and say that given the choice they would go elsewhere. I've never spoken to anyone from LECOM or NOVA that have that same comment. UF students tell me that the professors make things much harder on them than is necessary. I've also heard some people having issues with Dr. Sandow. Unfortunately your education at UF will have quite a bit to do with her because if I'm remembering correctly she will be your advisor/mentor for the entire first year. Also it seems that sometimes the students at UF are more competitive rather than collaborative, as would be found in a PBL setting. Many UF students are planning on specializing and will do anything to have the advantage over fellow students. Also there are a lot of politics that go on at UF, especially with them having a new dean things aren't completely meshing 100 percent currently. These are the things that would make me hesitant about UF.

Well I still keep hoping to get a phone call. I had an unknown number call me earlier today from Florida, but I was in class and couldn't answer. Tried calling it back and no one answered. I wouldn't have thought much of it, but seeing that there is some activity going on has me deparately hopeful.

I know that I've spoken with several UF students who are always stressed and say that given the choice they would go elsewhere. I've never spoken to anyone from LECOM or NOVA that have that same comment. UF students tell me that the professors make things much harder on them than is necessary. I've also heard some people having issues with Dr. Sandow. Unfortunately your education at UF will have quite a bit to do with her because if I'm remembering correctly she will be your advisor/mentor for the entire first year. Also it seems that sometimes the students at UF are more competitive rather than collaborative, as would be found in a PBL setting. Many UF students are planning on specializing and will do anything to have the advantage over fellow students. Also there are a lot of politics that go on at UF, especially with them having a new dean things aren't completely meshing 100 percent currently. These are the things that would make me hesitant about UF.

So why do you still desperately hope for an acceptance from UF?

Students are more stressed because they're working harder. Working harder makes you a better dentist.

Reactions: 2 users

I wouldn't worry about that and factor it into your decision. I've barely seen her in two years. Ya she is technically the 1st year class adviser but unless maybe you're a class officer you won't see her really. I liked the idea of LECOM's PBL too when I applied but we've done a few Case based groups sessions here and I ended up liking lecture better anyway. I don't know anything about lecom pbl but it feels like a lot of guess-work than actual learning when you're actually doing it.
Dental school is going to be hard/stressful anywhere you go because you're learning a totally new skill that takes a lot of practice and time to learn.

Reactions: 2 users
So why do you still desperately hope for an acceptance from UF?
Because I agree with what BrazilianRider said "working harder makes you a better dentist." A lot of the complaints are from students that are under lots of stress. It's all part of it. I don't have any problems with any of the administration or professors at UF that I know so that isn't a concern. Goingtoschoolforever called out one individual who I thought may play a big role in their education. Apparently that's not the case though according to biochem5. I was just listing some of the things that I had heard from current students that cautioned me about going to UF. I guess for me all the rumors are just that and I think all the positives of UF outweigh the negative rumors.

Thank you for your inputs everyone! At this point I am 70-30 on going to LECOM. Happiness is what makes me question my 4 year commitment to UF vs LECOM. But the price and reputation is whats holding me back from fully accepting LECOM. This makes it so difficult :(

that's understandable. Money can be made, especially once you've established yourself after dental school, and you can eventually pay off your debt if you decide to stick with LECOM. UF would just make the process of paying off loans faster. So personally, I think you should go where you think you'll be happiest because that can affect a lot of different things like how well you do, how you see your school, how you view dentistry, etc. Reputation is just a small factor in my opinion. Before I was a pre-dental student and just a regular patient, I never really cared to know what school my dentist came from. I just knew he/she had the qualifications and proper education to be a successful dentist. Who knows, maybe LECOM will have an awesome reputation after a few more years. If you think you'd regret turning down UF, then you should go there; however, if you think you'd regret turning down LECOM even more, then go there. I just don't want you to have those "what if" moments after you decide because those can be a pain.