*** The Official UF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

catalysts

Buccal Up
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to my fellow applicants applying to UF! Let's hope we hear some good news this year! Go Gators!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
GOODLUCK Class of 2020! I will be moving to gainesville for dental school in August and would be more than willing to answer any questions about the application and interview process! Go Gators!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the supplemental request today! Stinks that they got rid of Genetics and Psych as pre-reqs...

Reactions: 1 user
Got the supplemental today. Came via email.
Im in state. AA 23 GPA 3.85 SciGPA 3.90

Got it yesterday as well!

I received an Interview invitation today at 3:10 MDT. My interview will be July 22.
AA-23 / TS-24 / PAT-21

3.9 SciGPA / 3.85 Undergrad GPA

Got an interview invite on Friday. My interview will be on July 22nd as well @boshwag

@boshwag I'm scheduled for 10:45AM. I'm from Fort Myers. You're in-state as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay I'm for 22nd as well, see you guys that day! :)

Received a supplemental complete e-mail. Did you all receive this before the interview invite? Thanks

Received the interview y'all!

Hey guys, those who've received interview invitations, are you Florida residents or OOS?

I think they do. Ive only seen in-state interviews this early in the cycle.

Anyone submitted supplemental, but interview yet?

Good luck everyone! Check the interview feedback page here on SDN. Every single question is there. It helped me tremendously :)

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone! Check the interview feedback page here on SDN. Every single question is there. It helped me tremendously :)
Where can I find that? Could you paste the link?

Prepare to be intimidated by Dr. Sandow. Shes all smoke and mirrors so if you get past her you will do fine. good luck!!

I am also a D 19 so feel free to ask me all interview related questions.

Yeah, and just to throw my hat in the ring, I was accepted to UF as well. Between the three of us we should be set.

How did they contact you for the interview invitation??

Just got an interview invite for next Friday July 31st!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an email to submit the supplemental application. I had heard from them before to inquire my connections with Florida. I believe they did this because they saw Florida all over my application as I am a former Florida resident but a current OOS applicant. Hopefully this is a good sign :)

Just got my supplemental at 9 pm. 5th batch (mailed out last week), in state. Fingers crossed :)

I received an interview invite!! Anyone know the chances of getting accepted if IS??

33% chance, if you get interviewed. They get like 580 IS applicants and they interview about 280. And then they accept about 83 students.

Reactions: 3 users
93 students overall. But 83 IS.

Late check-in here! I took the DAT on Monday and emailed them my unofficial scores and got the notice today that my app is under review.

In-state.

BCP 3.88
Science 3.65
Total 3.54

AA 22
PAT 21

EC: 32 years old, 8.5 years active duty Naval aviator, currently serving is NROTC professor at regional uni in the Midwest.

Sounds like they're pretty quick with the turnaround. Any idea when I might expect a supplemental or if at all?

Late check-in here! I took the DAT on Monday and emailed them my unofficial scores and got the notice today that my app is under review.

In-state.

BCP 3.88
Science 3.65
Total 3.54

AA 22
PAT 21

EC: 32 years old, 8.5 years active duty Naval aviator, currently serving is NROTC professor at regional uni in the Midwest.

Sounds like they're pretty quick with the turnaround. Any idea when I might expect a supplemental or if at all?

I received my supplemental 8 days after I sent them my unofficial scores.

I received an Interview invitation today at 3:10 MDT. My interview will be July 22.
AA-23 / TS-24 / PAT-21

3.9 SciGPA / 3.85 Undergrad GPA
How was your interview? Who interviewed you? Anything that shocked you or didnt expect?

Mine went well. It was quick like 15 minutes long. Interviewed by a committee. The dean of admissions ,two teaching docs and a student dentist. They went deep into my app so be ready for that but no shocking questions.

Anyone willing to share any gouge on the supplemental app for prewriting purposes? I seriously thought it had been two weeks, I checked and it's been 3 business days (plus a weekend) since my application was placed under review, lol. I'm fairly confident I'll get a supplemental with my #s so I don't think it's a waste.

Anyone willing to share any gouge on the supplemental app for prewriting purposes? I seriously thought it had been two weeks, I checked and it's been 3 business days (plus a weekend) since my application was placed under review, lol. I'm fairly confident I'll get a supplemental with my #s so I don't think it's a waste.
It's divided in 3 steps: demographics, personal info and coursework. It's pretty much a summary of your AADSAS application ;)

Interview invite for August 21!

Submitted supplemental Wednesday. Mail out dat was 7/31

Damn! What am I doing wrong? What is your "mailed" date?

Don't worry!! I didn't interview at UF until October last cycle and I got accepted on December 1st! I know its stressful playing the waiting game but its still very early! :)

Received my interview invitation on 8/13 TODAY! :love:

Scheduled Interview on Sept 1! :punch::cat: