***The Official UIC Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance thread***

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd create this since there isn't one yet...best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they are expanding the class size this year now that they are opening it back up to OOS?

Any other out of staters? Pennsylvania here! I'm curious about the chance I have.. but I'd love to go to Chicago!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone else have the status "Received/Application Complete" listed in their AADSAS under the school decisions section? Has it changed for anyone to "Received/Under Review"?

Does anyone else have the status "Received/Application Complete" listed in their AADSAS under the school decisions section? Has it changed for anyone to "Received/Under Review"?
Mine says complete, but I never checked it before that.

Got an invite yesterday! :)
Wow nice! I was told by a professor there that they don't start looking at applications until September but I guess that's not the case.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow nice! I was told by a professor there that they don't start looking at applications until September but I guess that's not the case.
That's what they said when I went for a tour a couple of weeks ago! Nonetheless, I'm very excited!

Mine went from "Received/Under Review" to "Received/Application Complete."

Received an invite this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully we'll see more of the invite posts now that we're approaching September.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure they will send out a good amount this month;that's what I was originally told when I took a tour.
When you say "tour," are you talking about the Pre-Dental Night that they hold every year, or was it some other tour for which you emailed/called in and asked for?

When you say "tour," are you talking about the Pre-Dental Night that they hold every year, or was it some other tour for which you emailed/called in and asked for?
They have actual tours like once or twice a month in the fall where you can sign up, and then they show you around the school, talk about the program, and a Q&A session- pretty cool experience, especially learning more about the school. I believe they got one coming up on Sept. 9 (you can double check on the site), but I'd recommend you checking it out if you have the time/ are nearby!

They have actual tours like once or twice a month in the fall where you can sign up, and then they show you around the school, talk about the program, and a Q&A session- pretty cool experience, especially learning more about the school. I believe they got one coming up on Sept. 9 (you can double check on the site), but I'd recommend you checking it out if you have the time/ are nearby!
Thank you for the info.

Septebmer 21st! first interview so nervous!
UIC is my first too! When I visited the school a few weeks ago, everyone was really nice, and I'm sure that the same can be said for interviews. It will be nervous, but also exciting!

UIC is my first too! When I visited the school a few weeks ago, everyone was really nice, and I'm sure that the same can be said for interviews. It will be nervous, but also exciting!
I actually visited the school a few weeks ago also! They were really nice! Exciting indeed :) Good luck to you! When is yours?

I wonder why I haven't received anything neither an invite or rejection... I'm first batch too if that matters. I guess only time will tell.

Hmm yeah you got really good stats, pretty much same as mine- do you have a good amount of EC/ shadowing hours?
Yep research, scholarships, and volunteering
And I work as a dental assistant.

Yep research, scholarships, and volunteering
And I work as a dental assistant.
Hmmm that is weird! You got everything they want...I think you'll get an invite this coming week tbh. From what people are saying, the schools can be weird on how they choose.

Does anyone have their interview next Monday the 21st? Getting quite anxious that it is so soon!

Curious about the process-- I am batch 1 and have not heard yet, does that mean I'm being skimmed over for now and I should expect to hear after December?

Curious about the process-- I am batch 1 and have not heard yet, does that mean I'm being skimmed over for now and I should expect to hear after December?
Hmm could you post your stats/ EC? We may have a better idea.

Sure, I am an older student (30's) and have taken time off with kiddos so that is what I don't know about-- I've gotten interviews from Ann Arbor, etc but they seem friendly to non-traditional students. GPA 3.73, DAT scores in the 21-22 range. UIC's my first choice! Will see...

Sure, I am an older student (30's) and have taken time off with kiddos so that is what I don't know about-- I've gotten interviews from Ann Arbor, etc but they seem friendly to non-traditional students. GPA 3.73, DAT scores in the 21-22 range. UIC's my first choice! Will see...
Hmmm you definitely got the stats no doubt about it!

Have you taken a lot of upper level bio, and how is your shadowing/ EC experience too?

So.. At what point should someone be worried about not getting an interview invitation to UIC? Do they typically send out most/all of their interviews at once? Or how late could it be before one could get an interview invite? I'm OOS, application sent and complete on July 24th. GPA: 3.93; DAT: aa 22, pat 20; research, scholarships, extra curriculars, and volunteering all competative.. only 100 of shadowing. I know there's only like... two seats open to out of staters, but i thought it was worth a long shot.

So.. At what point should someone be worried about not getting an interview invitation to UIC? Do they typically send out most/all of their interviews at once? Or how late could it be before one could get an interview invite? I'm OOS, application sent and complete on July 24th. GPA: 3.93; DAT: aa 22, pat 20; research, scholarships, extra curriculars, and volunteering all competative.. only 100 of shadowing. I know there's only like... two seats open to out of staters, but i thought it was worth a long shot.
Well you definitely got good stats, basically same as me. What about your LORs, Personal statement, are those good in your opinion? And have you taken a lot of upper level classes? I know that UIC likes to see rigorous coursework. This is all I can think of. I'm not sure what UIC looks in for OOS, but in my opinion, it looks like you got a good foundation! I'd say, expect an invite soon!

well I am instate and with the same stats but with more shadowing hours. Anyways, I got an invite on the 8th and I am FIRST batch. I honestly thought I would be invited earlier. They may be sending out instate now and then maybe later for OS.

My friend was invited for an interview on December 5th two years ago and received an acceptance 1 week later. You never know is what I am saying, don't lose hope!

Well you definitely got good stats, basically same as me. What about your LORs, Personal statement, are those good in your opinion? And have you taken a lot of upper level classes? I know that UIC likes to see rigorous coursework. This is all I can think of. I'm not sure what UIC looks in for OOS, but in my opinion, it looks like you got a good foundation! I'd say, expect an invite soon!
I am really hoping we become classmates!