Discussion in 'School Specific Discussions' started by tinman831, 11.22.11.
SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
Offer made! thank God
Offer made! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I'm in!!!! Really excited! I think I am likely to go here, too. Congrats all!!
Offer made this morning. Its going to be a tough decision!
offer made at 9:05 this morning via email
I honestly have no idea how I got in here
anyone wanna make a facebook group??
Congratulations on your acceptance guys and girls! I'm a first year at UMDNJ and have enjoyed it immensely so far. We are going into finals week now, but if you have any questions, I'll try to give you a first year's perspective as quickly as I can.
Hooray! Congrats to all. I'm like 90% sure I will be attending.
Does anyone know how scholarships work? I get that as a state school there is basically zero extra money right now, but it would be nice to know if there's a possibility of scholarship coming my way.
Has anyone filled out the forms that they sent us in the mail? They ask for a student number and I dont know what number they are referring to. Thanks
This is definitely late but wth, leave thatblank, if you already filled it in (like me lol) then don't worry about it. Its not a big deal and yes I have already sent out all the forms. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Did you get any paperwork about how to sign up for my.umdnj.edu? If so, your student number can be found under the welcome tab on the left where it says "My University ID". Thats where I first saw mine.
Hi I just took my DAT today:
orgo-22 gen chem-22 bio 20 QR-19 RC-19 PAT 18
bio major at emory with a gap of 3.98
Do you think I should retake the DAT or is this good enough to get into UMDNJ
Historically, how much movement has been there from the waitlist?
This year specifically, how much of the class if full? How many seats do they have left?
After April 2nd would be my guess(that's the deadline 4 the second deposits)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Will we hear our position on the wait list? I was waitlisted on Dec. 1st but I haven't heard a thing from them since then. I'm really hoping this cycle they will be taking a lot of ppl of the wait list!
Gave up my spot today. Good luck everyone.
Im a third dental student at UMDNJ so I feel that I have some experience with this school. I just feel like the following are things I wish I had known before I made a decision to come here, I had 7 other options and I chose UMDNJ without doing any research and I regret that decision every day.
Dentistry is an awesome profession and while very difficult, dental school is a really great experience. I don't regret my career decision for one second, however if I could do it all over again I would not choose UMDNJ:
1. Con: administration. The administration in this school actually makes me sick to my stomach. These people are arrogant, rude and have no respect for students. They are not our advocates but rather some kind of bounty hunters trying their hardest to make our lives a living hell.
They preach to students to report one another and that is by far the worst policy you can possibly have. Dental students are competitive and will do anything to get rid of competition, so people make up lies and the administration gives these terrible human beings credibility by investigating everything they say. This of course creates hostility and uneasiness among classmates. There is no cohesiveness within classes.
2. Con: Politics. So much politics and corruption you would think this was a presidential election, not a learning institution.
3. Pro: Most of the clinical professors are the most amazing, wonderful and helpful people I've ever met. They will sit down with you and hold your hand the entire way and you could tell they love what they do. These moments I forget how much I hate this school.
5. Con: things are always breaking down, and equipment is outdated. For instance right now the preclinical compressor is broken so now high speed handpieces for the first and second years. In clinic there is often times no water (you really need water) or other stuff in the unit is broken.
6. Con: Mandatory attendance, be prepared to be treated like you are back in high school. with attendance sheets and all. I went to a large undergrad university where I got a 3.8 without ever going to class so this was the biggest shock.
7. Pro: good cost if you are a resident
8. Con: newark is a rough neighborhood, but this I knew going in. Not that big of a deal.
I'm not telling you guys to do one thing or another and UMDNJ has a good reputation and you do get a good clinical education. I just really wish I was aware of how the school was run and how I would be treated as a student doctor before I made my final decision.
Best of luck!
they also apparently ran out of amalgam for 1st years last week
hahaha, im a first year, and it was perfectly fine.
Hey guys! im applying to dental school right now and i really want to get into umdnj.
Can you guys let me know about ur gpa and DAT scores so i would know if i have a chance.
hello everyone, I'm a 2nd year at UMDNJ. Firstly, congratulations on your acceptance. A Facebook group was created for people thinking of attending the school. There are already members on the group from each year of our school so if you have any specific questions, you can ask us directly. Congrats again!
Separate names with a comma.