***The Official UMichigan Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Troyvdg

Dentistry not Debtistry
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets hear from my fellow UMich applicants! Good luck to all those that applied:luck:

Received an email from them this morning stating my app was complete and was sent to the committee for review.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Right there with you. Good luck to everyone

Finally, I was waiting for someone to start this thread. One question though, are both of you first batch?

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, I'm still waiting for my dentist's LOR. Do you think they'll send out my app without it? I saw someone posting about AADSAS sending out app without one of his LOR but I'm not sure.

Cool, I'm still waiting for my dentist's LOR. Do you think they'll send out my app without it? I saw someone posting about AADSAS sending out app without one of his LOR but I'm not sure.

they'll send it regardless of your LOR status

Hey! How do you find out which batch you're application is in? :)

Will Michigan consider an applicant who hasn't taken microbio?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about myself not completing sociology yet. I think they could still interview you and accept you. Once you got accepted you would have to go back and take it? That is what I'm thinking.

As long as you have listed the coursework as planned/in progress on your aadsas app, and have completed it prior to matriculation, you're fine.
I'm not taking microbio until the spring of 2014 if it makes you feel any better

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about myself not completing sociology yet. I think they could still interview you and accept you. Once you got accepted you would have to go back and take it? That is what I'm thinking.

Yea, they are just prerequisites you need to take before matriculation. They are not required for interviews. Good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! How do you find out which batch you're application is in? :)

"Batch" appears to be an antiquated term that referred to a time when the application center (AADSAS) mailed hard copies to the individual schools. For this cycle, at the very least, it's starting to appear that schools are going the electronic route and downloading applications to review at their own good pleasure.

Either way, for the eager beavers, having your application received by early July seems to be still considered "early." Probably wouldn't push my luck by sending an app out in August, but that's just me.

As long as you have listed the coursework as planned/in progress on your aadsas app, and have completed it prior to matriculation, you're fine.
I'm not taking microbio until the spring of 2014 if it makes you feel any better

keep in mind matriculation for uofm is late june (28th I believe) so you'd have to have it completed by then.

Anyone knows if sociology can be completed through online?

Ok, so I got an email today from UM asking me to submit the supplemental fee. Anyone else got it?

i think everyone gets that note after e-submission. though by now, i'm sure some people are complete and under review.

Michigan sent me my email on 7/2 saying that it was still waiting on my letters of rec and fee, but I know that they were in by 7/12.I sent my universal app on 6/13. I called today and they said that the committee was reviewing my application. Does that mean that I am in the first batch? When will I hear if I got an interview or not?

GPA 3.75
AA 17
PAT 22

Just received email confirmation that my application is received & complete.

4th Batch, supplemental fee paid along with e-submission.

Did you guys pay the supplemental fee right after you E-submitted or did you wait for the conformation email from them?

Did you guys pay the supplemental fee right after you E-submitted or did you wait for the conformation email from them?

Good call jumping on this train, ef. Pay immediately, as bullet #3 states here, "Once your application has been received, we require a $65 application fee, payable online only. Please do not mail a check to our office. You should pay the fee after you've submitted your AADSAS application, not before." Good luck!

Ohk, I was little confused because they state "once your application has been received" so I thought they would email me. I just paid the fee now so wishing for the best.

Just got it too! That makes 2 in one day :) now I gotta sign up for sociology haha

Invite!

School: U Mich
Notification date: 8/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Utah
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th
GPA (science, overall): 3.58/3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/24/na

Stoked.:)

congrats guys. You all instate or out of state?.....

edit: nvm, just got it too. wow. awesome. congrats. I'm excited.

are there any instates who got invited? I'm a MI resident and have not heard anything from the school yet:(

Please post stats guys, it be greatly appreciated! Congrats everyone

I'm oos. My stats are in my sig and most other people stats are in the official interview /acceptance thread.

21/21/18

2nd batch, OOS (cali resident), AA/TS/PAT/RC: 24/25/22/25. Still haven't confirmed an interview date, this first come first serve isn't too fun.

Last edited:
who do you guys contact at the office of admissions.

are there any instates who got invited? I'm a MI resident and have not heard anything from the school yet:(

The earliest invites seemed to go to OOS students last year. I don't know anyone in-state that interviewed before November.

i know this has been asked but i cant seem to find it. does michigan accept community college credits for sociology and microbiology?

i know this has been asked but i cant seem to find it. does michigan accept community college credits for sociology and microbiology?

I'm not sure what is their official stand on this, but when I met with the head of their admissions and showed her my transcript with multiple CC courses (Sociology and Micro were on there too) she said it was fine, they just prefer majority of prereqs to be done at a four year school.

I am a 4th dental student at UM.
I Did 2 years of community college with bio, o chem, chem, microbio taken at CC and got in fine.

Hey people,

I'm a current student at UM SOD so I'll try to answer some of the questions you had posted above:

1) Interviews first start on 9/20 I believe
2) You don't need to have taken Microbio/Soc or anything else before interviewing. Hopefully it's written on your planned courses, but even if it isn't, it's ok. They'll just ask you on the day of the interview when you plan on taking them
3) Sociology thru community college/online is completely ok.
4) They interview a mix of students at all times (in-state vs OOS). You can take a look at their stats for the Class of 2017 to see how many in-state students they interviewed vs OOS. Though I do know that it's about a 60% (in-state) vs 40% (OOS) ratio right now, with a quite a significant number of OOS students being from California

Side note: if you haven't heard anything yet, just be patient, at least until the end of October. Hopefully you'll hear something. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions! :)

Found this on their facebook page, posted on Aug 14th...good luck everyone!

"The first 60 DDS interview invites have gone out. 1414 DDS applications have been received by AADSAS as of today."

Last edited:
Hey people,

I'm a current student at UM SOD so I'll try to answer some of the questions you had posted above:

1) Interviews first start on 9/20 I believe
2) You don't need to have taken Microbio/Soc or anything else before interviewing. Hopefully it's written on your planned courses, but even if it isn't, it's ok. They'll just ask you on the day of the interview when you plan on taking them
3) Sociology thru community college/online is completely ok.
4) They interview a mix of students at all times (in-state vs OOS). You can take a look at their stats for the Class of 2017 to see how many in-state students they interviewed vs OOS. Though I do know that it's about a 60% (in-state) vs 40% (OOS) ratio right now, with a quite a significant number of OOS students being from California

Side note: if you haven't heard anything yet, just be patient, at least until the end of October. Hopefully you'll hear something. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions! :)

Thank you for the info. Really helpful.

Is there a supplemental application? I paid the supplemental fees but there was no questionnaire