**** The Official UMKC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Do they still call if you dont get accepted or are wait-listed?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so, only call people that got accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
Really? Because I was asking that when I got interviewed and they said you either get a call or you don't. If you don't then you'll get mail saying you got rejected.

Really? Because I was asking that when I got interviewed and they said you either get a call or you don't. If you don't then you'll get mail saying you got rejected.
Yeah when I interviewed Wes said they'd let us know our status one way or another

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you only get the call if you are accepted.

I thought they only call if you get accepted.. I don't want a rejection call :(

Yeah I don't think they want to deal with that either

Yeah I don't think they want to deal with that either
Didn't say it was ideal, just relaying the message. UMKC definitely gave us the most useful thing of any dental schools when they gave us that stress bail

Didn't say it was ideal, just relaying the message. UMKC definitely gave us the most useful thing of any dental schools when they gave us that stress bail
Yeah I don't think they want to deliver bad news to excited students. That's why I am pretty sure only accepted students get a call.

Accepted! 6:53 am wake up call!

I got the phone call at 7:45! So excited!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my call!!!!!! Woooooo

Just got mine too!!!

OMG!!! Just got the call!!!! I'm sooooo excited! :banana: Congrats to everyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my phone call at 730 this morning! Congrats to all who all got in!

Got my phone call at 8:20. Accepted!!

Got the acceptance letter in the mail! (but no phone call?) Congrats to everyone who got in!

Got the call just now! So thrilled. Accepted through the Reserved Admissions Program!

Wes called around 5:30pm! I went through the reserved admissions route as well!

Has anyone started an 'official' Facebook group?

So excited to meet all of you!!

Accepted!!!! Congrats classmates!
Mango....PM me with your name and I'll add you on FB and we can get a group started.

Denied acceptance. I hope one of you get in!

Last edited:
Anybody got any scholarships? If so, how much? Just wondering if they offer any

I received the 6K/yr up to 24K scholly as well.

I'm guessing if anyone was going to get any scholarships, they would have been notified already? Or is that later??

The scholarship I received came in the acceptance envelope through the mail.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you guys find out about February 27th? Hahaha, I thought the details would be in my acceptance package but it wasn't :dead:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how did you guys find out about February 27th? Hahaha, I thought the details would be in my acceptance package but it wasn't :dead:

It was mentioned in the acceptance email, last paragraph I think. :)

Also got the 6k/ semester scholarship & another one for 5k for the first yr. Just found these in the mail.

It was mentioned in the acceptance email, last paragraph I think. :)
Was the email sent to you after you confirmed your intent to attend to Wes? I never got an acceptance email (just the call and letter), but I also haven't heard back from Wes since emailing my intent to attend UMKC in the fall.

I got an email, letter, and a phone call from Wes all on Monday.

Was the email sent to you after you confirmed your intent to attend to Wes? I never got an acceptance email (just the call and letter), but I also haven't heard back from Wes since emailing my intent to attend UMKC in the fall.

The email was sent to me on Monday around 1pm. It was just an email reiterating what the phone call said, noting the Feb. 27th event at the end of the email.

no more chance to get interviewed?
anybody knows that how many seats they have now?

They told me that they fill up 90% of their class by December 1st. They still interview people in January, but not much (most of them if not all are Missouri residents). I would assume that their whole class would be filled by the end of February given that they have a welcome reception for the incoming class scheduled then.

Little late to post, but I also received an acceptance call on Dec. 1st. :)

Looking forward to meeting ya'll on 2/27