***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2020 Thread***

Same! Are you all IS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, all these invites going out doesn't bode well for me :(

Any OOS interviewees anywhere close to me in terms of numbers?

3.88 BCP
3.65 sGPA
3.54 oGPA

22 AA 20 TS 21 PAT

Man, all these invites going out doesn't bode well for me :(

Any OOS interviewees anywhere close to me in terms of numbers?

3.88 BCP
3.65 sGPA
3.54 oGPA

22 AA 20 TS 21 PAT

I haven't been given an interview invite, but our stats are somewhat similar. My BCP is lower than yours, but my overall GPA is a lot higher. We can wait it out... haha.

Anyone get an interview invite yet?

Interviewing on Sept. 12th!! So excited, can't wait to meet you all :)

Got my interview invite yesterday! See ya'll September 12th:)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have gotten the interview information, are we supposed to mail in the technical standard and campus safety form or e-mail them?

was about to ask the same question

I e-mailed them and will update if I get a response...I really don't want this to hold anything up. I am assuming that they would have provided us with the mailing address (albeit again) if they wanted us to mail them in...

For those that have gotten an interview invite...were y'all notified via e-mail or snail-mail?

For those of y'all who got an interview, was your check processed before UNC sent you the application complete email? I got the email that my application was complete but my check still has not been deposited.

For those who got an interview, if possible can you post when your GPA was finally verified.

I e-mailed them and will update if I get a response...I really don't want this to hold anything up. I am assuming that they would have provided us with the mailing address (albeit again) if they wanted us to mail them in...

Just called admissions and they said e-mailing is fine. Just thought I'd update y'all.

Has anybody heard anything from UNC recently? Crickets for me... :(

Reactions: 1 users
See some of you tomorrow if you're attending the dinner thing :) Can't wait!

Good luck to you all tomorrow! I def recommend the pizza social if you can make it.

Reactions: 1 user
How amazing was the school?! I'm so blown away!

Reactions: 6 users
When people said that the school really makes you want to go there, I thought they were exaggerating, but wow; wasn't expecting that. The school definitely impressed me.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone interviewed yesterday! Was the interview difficult or stressful?

Congratulations to everyone interviewed yesterday! Was the interview difficult or stressful?

Not at all, everyone was very laid back and it's a really friendly atmosphere. They went more like conversations than interviews. I think I got asked a total of maybe 4 questions the entire time.

Wow, that is good. I wounder how do they choose between candidates if they only ask a few questions?

Wow, that is good. I wounder how do they choose between candidates if they only ask a few questions?

I think the entire interview is a personality exam. They want to identify how you present yourself in a professional setting and how you would fit within the dental class. I really don't think they were trying to test how well your answers were, although I'm sure there's some baseline you should meet.

That being said, it surprise me too how conversational all 3 interviews were.

UNC is the real deal. Beautiful area, top notch facilities, amazing faculty, and the nicest students who seemed genuinely happy.

Sign me up. :thumbup::)

Reactions: 3 users
I see, good point! About how many in-state and out-state students were interviewed this time?

Status back to Received/Under Review again... Here goes the longest wait ever lol

Are you In state? Could I ask your DAT and GPA?

OOS 21AA/22TS/23PAT/21RC nothing below 18 3.37ogpa 3.42sgpa

Honestly I'm just so lucky I got an interview and I would be surprised if I actually got an offer :)

Maybe you have other traits that are outstanding! Do you have a lot of dental experience or worked in the dental field?

So.. At what point should someone be worried about not getting an interview invitation to UNC? Do they typically send out most/all of their interviews at once? Or how late could it be before one could get an interview invite? I'm OOS, application sent and complete on July 24th

So.. At what point should someone be worried about not getting an interview invitation to UNC? Do they typically send out most/all of their interviews at once? Or how late could it be before one could get an interview invite? I'm OOS, application sent and complete on July 24th
They interview 3 times in the fall. In September, October, and November. You have plenty of time still to get an interview.

Just got an interview for October 10th! Who else got an invite?

Reactions: 7 users