***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2020 Thread***

Unfortunately I am an OOS scrub left without an interview. Shame, I woulda loved to come to Chapel Hill and check it out. Good luck, hope you kill the interview!

OOS scrubs unite *sigh*
I guess I can stop feverishly checking my e-mail now

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately I am an OOS scrub left without an interview. Shame, I woulda loved to come to Chapel Hill and check it out. Good luck, hope you kill the interview!

OOS scrubs unite *sigh*
I guess I can stop feverishly checking my e-mail now

You saying the only reason I got an interview is because I'm IS? hahaha :wacky:

So you don't think they are extending any more interview invites? I'm OOS as well and was hoping for an interview. Oh well!

Lol not at all, and after meeting you in person if I had to make a fantasy dental school application league where interviews are worth as much as touchdowns, you'd be a first round pick.

One of the strangest and most flattering compliments I've ever received.

Reactions: 1 user
And actually what makes it even weirder is I forgot you weren't at my interview where we had a long serious discussion about fantasy football...

Yea baseball has been on a steady decline for some time now as far as viewership.. Fantasy makes football confusing, I'm all like "I want their QB to really well, but I want them to lose.. so if that can happen somehow.."

And actually what makes it even weirder is I forgot you weren't at my interview where we had a long serious discussion about fantasy football...

That was me, I think >_>

Your league plays IDP from what I remember.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeeeeaa buddy... Stinking 3-3 right now...

How was the UNC interview... I'm pretty surprised I got an interview honestly

Wasn't bad; less structured than the ECU interview. I thought it went well but I think most interviewees felt the same.

This may be a dumb question, but for people who interview prior to Dec 1, do they hear about a decision Dec 1? Or throughout December?

Do we have to sign and return the forms that were sent in the confirmation email. Also, for those of you that have already interviewed, how was the social the night before?

They told us during the interview that if you're OOS, you might not hear back on Dec. 1st and that doesn't mean that you're rejected. Sometimes they give OOSers phone calls a bit later (I have no idea how much later though). Just a heads up :)

I think all the interview invites for November are out already, leaving just the post-December interview left.

They may invite additional applicants for an interview if someone declines to come to the November one, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Sorry :/

Where would you park? Is there free parking during the weekend on campus?

I parked in Cardinal Deck. It was a football gameday so I had to pay $10; I think it's $1.50/hr otherwise.

If there isn't a football/basketball game that weekend, you may be able to park for free on Hibbard Drive in front of Odum Village or in the parking lot of Morrison dorm, but parking restrictions may have changed since I was an undergrad there.

It is a noon game as well so plan accordingly

How are you November interviewees feeling about your interview? Anything surprise you?

Nothing surprising, quite normal. I just found there were a lot of re-applicants, is that the same with your interview?

The interview was definitely more laid back than I thought it would be.. for some reason I felt that the Chapel Hill interview would be tougher than others.. I guess just based on the fact that Chapel Hill is such an awesome school with a great reputation and can really pick n choose their students (not like other schools cant.. I just was intimidated by Chapel Hill I guess)

I agree @wpang lots of reapplicants, I think they really wanted to see your personality, how you act under pressure with certain questions, and how you interacted with others.

So I'm super nervous....can someone give me some sort of idea on what they think my shot is...
December 1 can't come soon enough...

September Interview
UNC Undergrad
GPA o3.5 s3.3
DAT 22 TS21 PAT 20
Lots of extracurriculars, both science/non-science based

Basically....does the fact that I went to UNC for undergrad make a real difference?

no one knows.... your stats look decent.. how do you feel about your interview?? look at the class profile you received while at the interview and you can see how many Chapel Hill undergrads they accepted......

Has anyone else checked their ADEA AADSAS portal? My UNC status went to "Under Review" about 2 days after my interview... is this normal?

is it true that if you get into unc on dec 1st, you have 24 hours to pay for deposit? I thought it was 30 days

is it true that if you get into unc on dec 1st, you have 24 hours to pay for deposit? I thought it was 30 days
All schools are in agreement that for a December acceptance you have 30 days to pay your deposit

Anyone know if UNC sends out e-mails to Dec 1st-accepted students? Or is it just the phone call? I'd be afraid I'd miss the call while working and not know until AADSAS updates/a decision letter is mailed...

Anyone know if UNC sends out e-mails to Dec 1st-accepted students? Or is it just the phone call? I'd be afraid I'd miss the call while working and not know until AADSAS updates/a decision letter is mailed...

Looking at the threads for the past 3 years, seems like acceptances were only given out as phone calls. So if you see an unknown 919 number, that may only mean one thing! And I'm sure they'll leave you a nice message :)

I also heard that they'll be calling the primary number listed in AADSAS. So gotta make sure that's not your home number if you're away at school!

This wait for OOS hurts so much...rejection is highly likely but there's that 1% chance... Heart hurts v scared much anxious