***The Official UNC SoD Class of 2020 Thread***

I'm pretty sure those of us that interviewed and weren't accepted or rejected on December 1st are waitlisted by default, and since their interviews are over, anyone that hasn't interviewed yet is rejected by default. That's what I think they mean by "The Admissions Committee of the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry has made selections of acceptances and alternates for the DDS Class of 2020."
Last year the acceptance calls went out over 2 days, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few others get in tomorrow. Other than that, I think your assessment is correct.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, looks like the word went out until late last night.

OOS, interviewed 1/9, no call, email or portal update yesterday. Should I assume waitlist then? Would it be appropriate to call and ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, looks like the word went out until late last night.

OOS, interviewed 1/9, no call, email or portal update yesterday. Should I assume waitlist then? Would it be appropriate to call and ask?

I tried to call no answer.. Please let update us with news!

Reactions: 1 user
Someone said they spread the notifications out over two days. I don't think I'll call before tomorrow then, I'll wait and see what happens today!

So will they ever officially tell me I'm on the waitlist, or is it just assumed/implied?

Reactions: 1 users
All acceptance calls were made. They will notify us about waitlist or rejection either next week or first week of feb

:( sad...well there it is...hopefully on the waitlist but like what are the odd that we'd get in oos

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many waitlist spots there are, and how much it typically moves?

AADSAS portal update last night. Wait listed.

My guess is that OOS interviewees got wait-list notifications first and that IS interviewees will get notified of wait-list/rejection next week.

My guess is that OOS interviewees got wait-list notifications first and that IS interviewees will get notified of wait-list/rejection next week.
I'm in-state, and my AADSAS portal changed to wait listed yesterday. No email yet, though.

I'm in-state, and my AADSAS portal changed to wait listed yesterday. No email yet, though.

Hmm, either UNC is really inconsistent with updating the portal or I got denied. Probably the latter. Oh well. Options are nice but everything happens for a reason!

I think the rejection email was for people that hadn't been offered interviews. Come to think of it I don't think anyone that's interviewed has been rejected so far?

You're probably right. Ughh I still had hope

any updates for anyone? i just want to know if i'm rejected or waitlisted..

got rejected last wednesday.. twas my dream school! good luck to the rest of you guys

To those that were recently accepted, when do you need to make a decision by?

I emailed Carolyn, and she said that the instate waitlist has not been finalized yet. Hopefully by the end of the week. So there's still hope I guess..

Can anyone who got an offer last week say how long you were given to respond?

Hmm, either UNC is really inconsistent with updating the portal or I got denied. Probably the latter. Oh well. Options are nice but everything happens for a reason!

Ahh...so probably not a whole lot of movement on the wait list prior to 26 Feb...30 days after the last round of offers went out.

To those that were recently accepted, when do you need to make a decision by?
I was called on Jan 20th and told that I needed to send in my decision through the mail. This packet needed to be at UNC by Feb 19th.

I think the rejection email was for people that hadn't been offered interviews. Come to think of it I don't think anyone that's interviewed has been rejected so far?
I know of two people who did interview at UNC and were rejected last week

Any news on the waitlist? Specially you OOSers?

No news, but piecing together the bits of info we do have:

Last round of admissions went out on January 20th. Per AADSAS traffic rules these people have 30 days to respond. Now I'll bet a buffalo nickel UNC is just going to wait until that 30 days is up before they start pulling people off the wait list, even though some may decline before the 30 day window is up. I predict no motion off the wait list before 19 February.

There's also the possibility of people who accepted earlier offers subsequently declining at UNC, especially from the OOS pool.