The Official UNE Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread

ElPedorro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I poked around and didn't see one of these already. Who's joining me and applying to UNE for their second class? I was in Portland last summer on vacation and stopped by... None of the dental buildings had been built yet, but it was still cool to see the campus - it's a small, quaint place - and I think it'd be a great spot to spend four years studying. NY resident here, so I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky OOS'ers to get an interview!

Please post your stats and residency (as it is an important part of the application process for this school) if you applied here!

Members don't see this ad.

I've applied here. Good luck to us all!

Im OOS (CA), high dats and low gpa in the 3.2 range.

Just so you know, most of the class is technically OOS. I wouldn't call it "one of the lucky OOSers" since the majority of the class is outside VT, NH, and ME.

Well, i think some states are preferred over others. For instance, i think northeast state residency trumps ca residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly, a Texas resident, azianboi (sorry if I butchered the handle). interviewed here last year and mentioned that much of his interview group was from all over the country.

That's reasonable speculation, but I was talking to OP who lives in NY.

Right, I guess I should have put "out of new england regioners"... stickler! haha :poke:

And it's not speculation at all - I specifically asked Isaac Stickney, the director of graduate admissions, during the AADSAS virtual fair and he said slight preference would be given to maine residents and students in the New England states (MA, VT, NH, CT, ME). Now what is up for debate, is the definition of "slight."

has anyone heard anything from them yet? isn't there a supplemental, when do we get it? i didn't wanna call and bother them but if anyone could shed some light, that would be cool

has anyone heard anything from them yet? isn't there a supplemental, when do we get it? i didn't wanna call and bother them but if anyone could shed some light, that would be cool

Well, I was second batch (July 5th) and I received the supplemental on July 8th. I submitted shortly after, and I got an under review email on July 11th. Nothing since. I believe interviews begin in September.

I never got the under review email. But when I called them they said that everything is complete.

I want to go here and will know soon as well if that's an option..

Aadsas out and complete in first batch.

Good luck

Hey, did they submit your fee? I called two weeks ago and gave my credit card # but they haven't processed yet!! Should I call them?

Hey, did they submit your fee? I called two weeks ago and gave my credit card # but they haven't processed yet!! Should I call them?
Great catch about your card not being charged. I reviewed my account records tonight and found a pending charge from UNE -- meaning my card was charged today. I provided my card number several weeks ago. Maybe this is an indication of action to review applications. ;)

I'm applying here as my number one choice. I'm a Maine resident and I did my undergrad up the road at USM. I submitted August 3rd and submitted the supplemental August 18th. Admissions said I should wait a couple weeks for my check to clear. They also said that they haven't started sending invites yet. GPA 3.5. AA/TS/PAT. 18/18/19

my credit card was charged: 8/16 :) I think that means they are ready to review :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Right, I guess I should have put "out of new england regioners"... stickler! haha :poke:

And it's not speculation at all - I specifically asked Isaac Stickney, the director of graduate admissions, during the AADSAS virtual fair and he said slight preference would be given to maine residents and students in the New England states (MA, VT, NH, CT, ME). Now what is up for debate, is the definition of "slight."
Im applying all the way from WI so hopefully that doesn't put me at too much of a disadvantage...was wondering for all on here tho, I just finished taking some summer school classes and want to know the best way to get those grades to designated schools. Given that AADSAS academic update isn't until December, any ideas? Maybe just call and ask if they'll accept an emailed transcript?

Im applying all the way from WI so hopefully that doesn't put me at too much of a disadvantage...was wondering for all on here tho, I just finished taking some summer school classes and want to know the best way to get those grades to designated schools. Given that AADSAS academic update isn't until December, any ideas? Maybe just call and ask if they'll accept an emailed transcript?
I also took a summer class.

I had my school send an official transcript, with an attached cover letter to Isaac Stickney via mail.

My 1 page cover letter was in business format, with AADSAS number, etc. I requested my file be updated with summer grade, recalculate GPA, express interest in school, etc. I didn't actually sign my name, just typed my signature.

I had my school send an official transcript, with an attached cover letter to Isaac Stickney via mail.

My 1 page cover letter was in business format, with AADSAS number, etc. I requested my file be updated with summer grade, recalculate GPA, express interest in school, etc. I didn't actually sign my name, just typed my signature.
Did you ever consider emailing the cover letter and a copy of your transcript just to save time? Or did you contact them and they said regular mail was preferred? I'm planning on calling Monday during my lunch break so hopefully I'll get an answer soon.

I sent him (Isaac Stickney) an email today with an attached cover letter and copy of my updated student record. He responded basically saying that the admissions committee will not be able to review the new grades until AADSAS academic update is completed in the fall. Bummer.

That is a bummer about UNE waiting until the November AADSAS update.

My school does email official transcripts. However, I chose a mailed paper transcript because each school has my paper AADSAS application and a mailed transcript can be included with my application. Plus, the e-transcript comes via email (easy to ignore) with a link, pass code and requires the user to print it out. I wanted it to be easy for admissions to update my application.

my problem with UNE is that they haven't even emailed me to send application fee or sending supp. application!!!!! i am getting a little nervous. (AA 19, TS 19, GPA 3.72) MA resident

hey thisisfun congrats on the invite! do you mind sharing your stats?

We currently have a classmate from Wisconsin:)

I just got an email saying they received application and asked for supp application and fee.....the AADSAS says my mail out date is 9-5 though...maybe it got sent earlier??

did you get an email asking for supp application, or fee?

I remember paying a secondary but that's it. When they sent me my invite it was just scheduling an interview no other questions. I applied to a lot of school and without my calendar/reminders idk what's going on!

received my first interview today via email! very excited to interview here. hopefully more to come!

Do you remember when you submitted your supp application and fee? are you OOS? (if you dont mind me asking)

received my first interview today via email! very excited to interview here. hopefully more to come!

Do you remember when you submitted your supp. application and fee? are you OOS? (if you dont mind me asking)

I also received invitation to interview today! First one...should be an interesting trip from WI to ME but excited.

I received my first interview from UNE today via email!!! Anyone interviewing Sept. 30? :)

I am, at 11pm. I will be glad to meet up with you on Sunday if you want

I received an invite today via email!!! Super excited hopefully I can change the date. That's two interviews whoop whoop!!

Also received an interview invite this afternoon! third interview! Does anyone know what the interview is like at this school?

Also received an interview invite this afternoon! third interview! Does anyone know what the interview is like at this school?

The interview was awesome. Everyone is super nice. You will be in. Room with the other interviewees and can eat breakfast if you want. You will listen to the dean speak and then go to interview or q&a with the dean. The interview is 25 min and super super relaxed. Then lunch and a campus tour.

anyone recommend any hotels?

Out by larabee rd (spelling) there are a bunch of cheap hotels. motel six, super 8 and another by dennys for like $60 a night. if you want a little more class than holiday inn has a pool and is right down the road. there is also a marriot im south portland thats about 10 min away.

Does anyone know if UNE sends the supp app to everyone? Thanks :thumbup:

The interview was awesome. Everyone is super nice. You will be in. Room with the other interviewees and can eat breakfast if you want. You will listen to the dean speak and then go to interview or q&a with the dean. The interview is 25 min and super super relaxed. Then lunch and a campus tour.

You think you could do a detailed break down? I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

REALLY???? i never got a suppl. application from UNE!!!! :scared:

I could be wrong, but perhaps it'll calm you to hear it took them the better half of a month to send a secondary. Also- check your spam folders. I haven't had any trouble with gmail, but people using [inferior] servers have experienced some over zealous inbox protection.