The Official UNE Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hi everyone, congratulations on all of you who have been invited for interviews! I'm getting a little nervous that I haven't been invited yet..maybe it is because I am applying from North Carolina and we already have two schools in state. I sent in my supplemental application in mid July and haven't heard anything since. I called the school the other day to check on things and they told me my application was complete and thanked me for my continued interest in the school. A couple days ago my AADSAS showed "Received/ Application complete"....but not under review. Any thoughts on this?
Science GPA 3.5 Cumulative GPA 3.7
DAT 19/PAT 20 1050 clinical hours to date
first time applicant

Members don't see this ad.

I have to say I was definitely impressed with UNE! ;)

Going into it, I wasn't too sure what to expect since we all know it's a new school, but I now feel assured from Dean Koelbl and the rest of the faculty that the dental school and students will really be something special. You can feel the excitement in the air about the program and where they see things going. It's not for everyone because I think the students have to be flexible and not easily stressed to take on any adjustments needing to be made as the school and curriculum evolve and grow. That's something they put emphasis on - if you find it's not a good pick for you, that's ok (btw I loved their honesty and realness in saying this to the candidates since most schools put on this facade about how they're the perfect school for every person).

Something I really liked about the school that I haven't experienced so much at other interviews was that everyone seemed very approachable and personable, even Dr. Koelbl, and that aspect certainly didn't happen by accident. So my advice for anyone with an upcoming interview is to seriously JUST RELAX and be yourselves, I know it's said a lot on these forums, but it especially holds true here. Haha, I actually got more nervous for this interview after their presentations because I can truly see myself enjoying their program and becoming a part of something bigger in helping the people of the area with their dental and overall health needs. As long as you're truly yourself, then you'll have a pleasant interview. Plus, the real determining factor for me came when they had whoopie pies for dessert :p

Also as a side note-- if you recently interviewed and couldn't find a parking space and I got into your rental car to help find a spot and then we trekked to the dental building before the interview, message me! You seem like a cool person who I'd like to keep in contact with! The more friends, the merrier :)

Hi Teeths,

I subscribed just to respond to you. I was waiting to say goodbye to you that day but it got too cold and I had to catch a flight (not to mention I was scared my car was gonna get towed). I'm glad it went well and that its over. I really like the school too. Hopefully we get good news come December. If not for this one then maybe Florida right =)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone's status change on AADSAS today? My status changed to, "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"....what does this mean?? Is this good or bad....If schools were rejecting, wouldn't they send out letters versus waiting until the 2nd??
Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone's status change on AADSAS today? My status changed to, "Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"....what does this mean?? Is this good or bad....If schools were rejecting, wouldn't they send out letters versus waiting until the 2nd??
Please check back on December 2 for more information regarding your decision status with this school

Did you interview at UNE?

Did you interview at UNE?
I toured it prior to applying, but did not formally interview! I have not received a rejection letter.....?!?! If schools are deciding against you in their applicant pool, won't they send out rejection letters?

That means rejection, I got that from a couple of schools

I agree with Coffeeisamust & Soydentista- that's why I asked if you had interviewed.

If you HAVEN'T interviewed and receive that status, it's typically a rejection (since a decision is made and it obviously isn't an acceptance because in order to be accepted you have to interview).

If you HAVE interviewed and receive that status, it's typically an acceptance or waitlisted. I don't think a lot of schools will alert us with that status prior to Dec though!

And that's not specific to UNE, from years past it seems like a lot of schools follow such conduct.

Last edited:
The last interview date is tomorrow. If I am not mistaken, we were asked to sign up to do tours for candidates on Monday and I remembered them saying this is the last one. If you did not get invited for that, then on December 2nd, your status would most likely change to a rejection. If you interviewed, then just wait. And understand that December 2nd is the first day candidates can be notified, but it isn't the absolute date they HAVE to be notified by. I found out much later. Keeping in mind that the first batch will have rejections and move arounds as people solidify their decision, and then the next batch of acceptances will be sent out in another month or two. Don't look too far into things! As difficult as it may be, just wait….

Thanks for the info Upperbyte! It seems as if you're saying tomorrow is the last interview date for the cycle because you mentioned anyone not invited would probably be rejected... do you truly mean last interview date for the cycle or last interview date for pre-Dec?

Thanks for the info Upperbyte! It seems as if you're saying tomorrow is the last interview date for the cycle because you mentioned anyone not invited would probably be rejected... do you truly mean last interview date for the cycle or last interview date for pre-Dec?
Holddddd up! I made a mistake. There is a date on December 3rd for interviews. This year, they interviewed more candidates with less dates. For mine, they did many more interview days, but with much smaller groups. My thoughts are that they are so consumed with the first year that putting more candidates in each session would mean less time they had to run those days. They interviewed and ran sessions in the sim clinic, which seats 64. The December 3rd date may very well be the last one. So sorry for the wrong info!

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you think they'll hold off until after Dec 3rd to make any acceptance notifications?

So do you think they'll hold off until after Dec 3rd to make any acceptance notifications?
No, not at all. If anything, I bet they will accept much more than 64 on Dec. 2nd. Then they will wait for about half of those to decline before they go back to the drawing board. Now I am hearing there could be more post Dec interviews, depending on how the process goes.

No, not at all. If anything, I bet they will accept much more than 64 on Dec. 2nd. Then they will wait for about half of those to decline before they go back to the drawing board. Now I am hearing there could be more post Dec interviews, depending on how the process goes.

Ok, thanks for clearing it up! I hope I'm one of the lucky! :)

I have an interview on Monday Dec. 2nd, in the email they sent it said "As this is our last scheduled interview, we will be unable to reschedule to another date."

I have an interview on Monday Dec. 2nd, in the email they sent it said "As this is our last scheduled interview, we will be unable to reschedule to another date."
I got the same message for my interview invite. I am trying to save a few bucks. Anyone want to split a rental car.

Just received an interview invite for Dec. 2nd! The email said this was their last scheduled interview....I'm assuming this counts as a "pre-december" as in last interview before first round picks go out? Anyone else interviewing this day?
Me here!

So last week my status changed to "Please check back Dec 2nd....." and I asked all of you about what that meant, BUT NOW it just went back to "Received/Application Complete"...Anyone have any ideas?!

I agree with Coffeeisamust & Soydentista- that's why I asked if you had interviewed.

If you HAVEN'T interviewed and receive that status, it's typically a rejection (since a decision is made and it obviously isn't an acceptance because in order to be accepted you have to interview).

If you HAVE interviewed and receive that status, it's typically an acceptance or waitlisted. I don't think a lot of schools will alert us with that status prior to Dec though!

And that's not specific to UNE, from years past it seems like a lot of schools follow such conduct.

What is your take on my status going from the whole "Check back dec 2nd..." to "Received/Application Complete"??

If you didn't interview, my GUESS would be that you're still in the running and not rejected.

If you interviewed, could be a glitch or something that you're accepted but they didn't want to send out that status to people yet.

Just my take on things... obviously I have no true facts to tell you, but there's my two cents! :p

Did you interview?
No I have not interviewed, only toured on my own. I know we are all just grasping at straws when replying to people here, but it is just nice to have ideas from other people!! : )

I JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL WHOOOOOOOOOO

I'm curious to know if anyone else got any acceptances?

hard to believe that only 1 person got an acceptance email...

Accepted! Email received from Isaac with a letter to follow in the mail. I need to finish biochem and take micro with lab. I'm so excited!! Congratulations to all!

Did your AADSAS status change for those of you accepted?

Also if I don't have an email by now, I'm guessing I'm not part of those accepted? Man, that's really bumming me out...

Last edited:
Did your AADSAS status change for those of you accepted?

Also if I don't have an email by now, I'm guessing I'm not part of those accepted? Man, that's really bumming me out...
Just because you didn't get accepted first batch, doesn't mean you won't get accepted.

Accepted! Email at 11pm from Isaac with a letter in the mail to follow!

What does it mean if you haven't heard anything back yet and no status update on AADSAS Portal (still says invited for interview and that was in September)?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, I hope I get the email.

My AADSAS portal status for UNE now has "offer made". It was "invited for interview".
I was rejected from another school, which states "application denied". I already knew about that rejection and had the "wait until Dec 2..." status for a while.

Hi guys...quick question....did anyone who interviewed at UNE who wasn't accepted today receive a rejection or change in status to application denied on AADSAS?

Hi guys...quick question....did anyone who interviewed at UNE who wasn't accepted today receive a rejection or change in status to application denied on AADSAS?
I wasn't accepted today, but wasn't rejected or wait listed either. I emailed them and they said I'm still being considered and AADSAS will continue to say "invited for interview" until a decision is made.

My AADSAS still says "invited for interview". No emails for me.

Mine still says invited for interview also. Im going crazy waiting because I really loved this school.

My status is still "invited for interview" as well. No rejection or wait-list email. Seems from last year's forum that they sent a wave of decisions after the holidays. I really enjoyed the UNE program as well :(

I just got the email.. Accepted!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
For all those still waiting, has anyone contacted the school and asked about a time frame for decisions?

A little late on posting but I got accepted Dec 2 at midnight! So excited! Is there a facebook group yet?

I too got an acceptance email on Dec. 2 followed by a call from Dr. Koelbl!

I will most likely choose this school and mail my deposit in a few days. Anyone else? :D