***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I've just been looking up practice mmi questions and looking at how to phrase answers. Anything online I can find.
Thanks for your reply haha. I had a great time. Hope you enjoyed yourself too :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here with an complete app date in mid August or later already got an interview invite?
My supplemental application was received on August 22nd and I received an interview invite on September 19th.

Members don't see this ad :)
mine was around this date :/ I really hope that I still have a chance here
You definitely still have a chance! They schedule interview dates as they invite applicants. And when I was invited I was given October 6th as my interview date. Meaning they still have many dates to schedule interviews for! I ended up rescheduling for November 3rd.

does anyone know of hotels to stay near the school? I have my interview next week. Thanks in advance!

My interview is on Oct. 6th. When did the people that already had an interview receive more information on the interview? In my original invitation email it said keep an eye out for another email closer to the interview date that will contain more information.

My interview is on Oct. 6th. When did the people that already had an interview receive more information on the interview? In my original invitation email it said keep an eye out for another email closer to the interview date that will contain more information.
I got an email the weekend before the interview. It was just a parking pass they want you to print out and a map.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email the weekend before the interview. It was just a parking pass they want you to print out and a map.
Thank you! Does it tell you excatly where to go? I assume I will go to the oral health center lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my supplement in July 26th, but my DAT retake scores weren't confirmed on AADSAS until the beginning of August. My card wasn't charged until August 10th... I still haven't heard back :( I'm sad
Is it ever appropriate to call a school to ask about your application?

Anyone know the turn around timeline once you get a confirmation of the received supplemental? I got my confirmation email just two days ago (9/27) and am worried that it's too late for a pre-dec interview.

Anyone know the turn around timeline once you get a confirmation of the received supplemental? I got my confirmation email just two days ago (9/27) and am worried that it's too late for a pre-dec interview.

I got my payment confirmation e-mail on September 2nd and received an invitation on September 20th. It's only been two days haha, take a chill pill :p A lot of schools don't have fast turnarounds of mere days. Some people have waited months. Just be patient :) I have a slot for October, so I'm pretty sure they still have more slots open for pre-December.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview invite on November 3rd!! Super excited!!

Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/19
Application complete date: 8/30
GPA (science, overall) 3.55 / 3.45
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/26/18/none below 17

GOD IS SO GOOD! Also received an interview for November 3rd 8am! I am very excited to meet the school and faculty! Good luck to everyone!

RESIDENCY: CT

Interview on Nov 3 as well!

Notification date: 9/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/12
Application complete date: 8/30
GPA (science, overall) 3.61 / 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/19/22/none below 17 *cDAT

GOD IS SO GOOD! Also received an interview for November 3rd 8am! I am very excited to meet the school and faculty! Good luck to everyone!
when was your app complete and what are your stats?

Supp sent 2 months ago. It's looking bleak...

I saw in the previous year thread for UNE that this school gives out its last interviews around 11/16? Hope to hear something soon.. App was complete on 9/26 here! :blackeye::brb:

I saw in the previous year thread for UNE that this school gives out its last interviews around 11/16? Hope to hear something soon.. App was complete on 9/26 here! :blackeye::brb:

That's the last date of large group interviews. Last year, UNE continued holding interviews afterwards until the class was full.

That's the last date of large group interviews. Last year, UNE continued holding interviews afterwards until the class was full.
Thank you for letting me know :) that was really helpful to know.

And does it tell you what the schedule is like for the day?

I received the schedule along with the map and parking info about 2 weeks before the interview. The total day lasted about 5.5 hours.

I would like to note that it's chilly here already. Dress warm if you're planning on sight-seeing!

I received the schedule along with the map and parking info about 2 weeks before the interview. The total day lasted about 5.5 hours.

I would like to note that it's chilly here already. Dress warm if you're planning on sight-seeing!
How's the weather mid November?

How's the weather mid November?
I'm from Maine and it will be in the 40-50s. Bring a fleece and a rain jacket and you should be fine. I have an interview on November 3rd. I'm looking forward to seeing the school up close and meeting some of you!

Good luck to everyone interviewing on Oct 6th! To anyone interviewing in the noon session, I'll see you there. :D

P.S. I just looked at the weather and it looks like we got really lucky with some sunshine

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in Maine! I have a morning interview. I'm just skating around town haha I went to the school I wanted to go in sooo bad!! I seen students working in the sim lab haha I was peeking in the window :corny:

I'm in Maine! I have a morning interview. I'm just skating around town haha I went to the school I wanted to go in sooo bad!! I seen students working in the sim lab haha I was peeking in the window :corny:
I'll see yah there creeper hahah

If you were any closer you'd see how many teeth I've been blowing up, hahaha

Nice to see you all at the afternoon session! :happy: I hope we hear good news come December 1st!

Just had a great time at UNE. Pro tip: go to Samuel's right down the street from campus on Thursdays for $.50 wings and cheap beer, and you'll run into a lot of dental students too.

To anyone that is interviewing here in the future, I can only say really don't stress too much about the interview. It's not something you can really prep for, and they make it relatively stress free.

It's a great experience, you will enjoy yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I'm really scared about not getting an invite since my app was received and completed on August 1. Do I still have a chance?
Science gpa:3.73, ogpa:3.85, BCP 3.62 (all with +/-). DAT: 17PAT, 20RC, 20TS, 19AA,

Also, when I was planning out my undergraduate schedule I did not see that UNE had an anatomy requirement so I did not fit it in. Is this requirement new? Would I be able to get past this if it is new? I have all the microbiology and biochem classes.

I'm really scared about not getting an invite since my app was received and completed on August 1. Do I still have a chance?
Science gpa:3.73, ogpa:3.85, BCP 3.62 (all with +/-). DAT: 17PAT, 20RC, 20TS, 19AA,

Also, when I was planning out my undergraduate schedule I did not see that UNE had an anatomy requirement so I did not fit it in. Is this requirement new? Would I be able to get past this if it is new? I have all the microbiology and biochem classes.

I had an interview without having a microbio prerequisite. As long as you have the anatomy requirement under your belt before matriculating into UNE, you're in the clear.

I also wasn't aware that anatomy is a requirement. I don't think it is listed in the ADEA 2016-2017 Official Guide to Dental Schools, so I am assuming it is a new requirement that may not take effect until next cycle. If it is in effect now, they will offer admission pending that you take any required course before matriculating.

Also don't worry! It is still early in the cycle!

I also wasn't aware that anatomy is a requirement. I don't think it is listed in the ADEA 2016-2017 Official Guide to Dental Schools, so I am assuming it is a new requirement that may not take effect until next cycle. If it is in effect now, they will offer admission pending that you take any required course before matriculating.

Also don't worry! It is still early in the cycle!

Thanks so much! Makes me feel so much better haha. I really hope they don't enforce the anatomy requirement for this year. I also hope I hear back since I already have three interviews!

Thanks so much! Makes me feel so much better haha. I really hope they don't enforce the anatomy requirement for this year. I also hope I hear back since I already have three interviews!
The human anatomy requirement may not be enforced? It's on their website as a requirement so that make me think otherwise... :(

There will be more interview dates before december, there were interviews in November last year

The human anatomy requirement may not be enforced? It's on their website as a requirement so that make me think otherwise... :(
Was only wondering since it wasn't a requirement prior to this year, which makes it hard to fit in as an applicant in my final year!

Sooo... any people with more invites??

Who's interviewing here on October 20th? we cant be there until 11am if anyone wants to grab coffee and chat!

Arriving on the morning of the 19th. HMU if you're down to explore the city.

Last edited:
Did everyone get a supplemental right away? Is anyone still waiting on a supplemental e-mail? Has anyone been rejected?

I completed my application 8/22 haven't been selected for supplemental, haven't been rejected...hmmm

Did everyone get a supplemental right away? Is anyone still waiting on a supplemental e-mail? Has anyone been rejected?

I completed my application 8/22 haven't been selected for supplemental, haven't been rejected...hmmm
I don't really like being pessimistic but chances are kind of slim if you haven't been given the supplemental .. I got it a day after by one of the admissions officers. So I would say I got it pretty fast .. I think it's invite only but they seem to have some sort of initial screening when giving the supp app. Maybe you can ask them? but they'd probably say they can give you a supp anytime and that it's invite only blah blah