***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did everyone get a supplemental right away? Is anyone still waiting on a supplemental e-mail? Has anyone been rejected?

I completed my application 8/22 haven't been selected for supplemental, haven't been rejected...hmmm
yeah i got supplemental on same day. its invite only though.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really like being pessimistic but chances are kind of slim if you haven't been given the supplemental .. I got it a day after by one of the admissions officers. So I would say I got it pretty fast .. I think it's invite only but they seem to have some sort of initial screening when giving the supp app. Maybe you can ask them? but they'd probably say they can give you a supp anytime and that it's invite only blah blah

You're not being pessimistic. It's reality. So why don't they just reject me if they're not going to offer me anything?

Reactions: 1 user
You're not being pessimistic. It's reality. So why don't they just reject me if they're not going to offer me anything?
Sadly, no one ever knows why schools don't outright reject applicants. What I like to think is, they aren't so uninterested in you that they'd reject you but they aren't super interested to the point they'd give you a supp right now. With no rejection, they definitely do consider the possibility that you could be given an invite/supp post December.

Thanks for not taking my words negatively, I really think you'll get an invite somewhere sometime soon. So keep your head up for the other schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sadly, no one ever knows why schools don't outright reject applicants. What I like to think is, they aren't so uninterested in you that they'd reject you but they aren't super interested to the point they'd give you a supp right now. With no rejection, they definitely do consider the possibility that you could be given an invite/supp post December.

Thanks for not taking my words negatively, I really think you'll get an invite somewhere sometime soon. So keep your head up for the other schools!

Interesting.... I don't know how to feel about this lol.
Thanks <3

Did everyone get a supplemental right away? Is anyone still waiting on a supplemental e-mail? Has anyone been rejected?

Haven't received the supplemental yet. I figure it's not a good sign...

I had an impromptu interview with the "Associate Dean of Community Partnerships," Dr. Martinez and "Director of Community-Based Education," Rebecca Carr, this summer as I was dental assisting at a dental clinic for low income individuals in Vermont. They happened to be stopping by checking on one of their students who was doing an externship there... Still nothing.
+pissed+

Last edited:
Haven't received the supplemental yet. I figure it's not a good sign...

I had an impromptu interview with the "Associate Dean of Community Partnerships," Dr. Martinez and "Directors of Community-Based Education," Rebecca Carr, this summer as I was dental assisting at a dental clinic for low income individuals in Vermont. They happened to be stopping by checking on one of their students who was doing an externship there... Still nothing.
+pissed+

Did you contact them reminding them your application is in? :arghh:

Did you contact them reminding them your application is in? :arghh:

So I didn't take the DAT until September 2nd... In my mini-interview they told me to contact them and let them know when the scores were uploaded to AADSAS and that everything was in. So I did that. They responded saying great, and that was that and nothing since. Might give it a second try?

anyone get an interview here recently?

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invitation this morning for Nov 17th!

I applied pretty late and this is my first invite!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my interview this morning for the 17th! decided to apply to UNE late so glad I got it

Just received my interview this morning for the 17th! decided to apply to UNE late so glad I got it
Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing what are your stats and when was your app complete?!

I completed my application 8/22 haven't been selected for supplemental, haven't been rejected...hmmm
We are in the same boat!

Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing what are your stats and when was your app complete?!

I appreciate it! I completed my secondary application on the 12th of last month.
GPA: 3.4
AA: 21
TS: 21
QR: 21
Reading: 20
PAT: 26

I appreciate it! I completed my secondary application on the 12th of last month.
GPA: 3.4
AA: 21
TS: 21
QR: 21
Reading: 20
PAT: 26
I hope to hear from them soon :( I completed my secondary 26th of last month lol congrats by the way!

Do most students that receive a supplemental application receive an interview as well here?

Do most students that receive a supplemental application receive an interview as well here?
Haven't got an interview but I applied 9/24 and got my supplemental in 9/26

I applied in early June, and my app was complete 8/1.
3.76 gpa 20Ts 19AA and I'm concerned because I have not heard from UNE. I completed my supplemental around July. Does anyone have any advice? I really like this school

I applied in early June, and my app was complete 8/1.
3.76 gpa 20Ts 19AA and I'm concerned because I have not heard from UNE. I completed my supplemental around July. Does anyone have any advice? I really like this school

ive also been waiting for quite some time! Similar stats and timeline :/

Reactions: 1 users
ive also been waiting for quite some time! Similar stats and timeline :/
it's annoying because I applied early so I possibly wouldn't have this problem of not hearing back! I don't get it since many people who applied so late are hearing and it makes me feel inadequate haha

it's annoying because I applied early so I possibly wouldn't have this problem of not hearing back! I don't get it since many people who applied so late are hearing and it makes me feel inadequate haha

Same!!! I've had everything submitted and confirmed for months!! I wonder if it would be appropriate for us to email Amanda Langley:/ I wouldn't even know what to say though

Same!!! I've had everything submitted and confirmed for months!! I wonder if it would be appropriate for us to email Amanda Langley:/ I wouldn't even know what to say though
I feel the same way, I was complete in late july and havent heard anything from them. I think it is best to stay on top of them though, I had to call them twice with payment information because the lady I spoke to messed it up the first time and it didnt process.

I feel the same way, I was complete in late july and havent heard anything from them. I think it is best to stay on top of them though, I had to call them twice with payment information because the lady I spoke to messed it up the first time and it didnt process.

It might be time to email them.. you'd think it would be a first come, first served type basis with these apps. Didn't know submitting too early would hurt us haha.

Just got my invite today for that same date!!

Same, when was your app complete/ what are your stats?

Application complete date: 09/01
Undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.0/3.1
Graduate GPA (science, overall): 3.8/3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/21/21/None

Do applicants get invited for interviews AFTER December 1?? (in general)

It might be time to email them.. you'd think it would be a first come, first served type basis with these apps. Didn't know submitting too early would hurt us haha.
I emailed them today and got a cut and paste type response about how "I will receive an email if invited to interview". It was pretty frustrating to confront them about a reasonable concern and simply be told off.

I emailed them today and got a cut and paste type response about how "I will receive an email if invited to interview". It was pretty frustrating to confront them about a reasonable concern and simply be told off.
I was concerned this would happen as i got the same response from UConn. Who did you email?

Yeah to be honest I'm not a fan of the rude demeanor of many schools admissions staff, that isn't to say they're all like that.. some of them are very friendly. But, I really don't think we should be given rude/blunt responses just for calling and asking what's going on with our app.

3.66 sgpa, 3.65 ogpa and 21TS 21AA 25PAT. should have heard from them, my stats are decently well suited for their averages

Oh no :( I'm sorry that happened!
I was just told my application was under continued review :p hopefully that means eventually they'll decide what they want to do it's me

Oh no :( I'm sorry that happened!
I was just told my application was under continued review :p hopefully that means eventually they'll decide what they want to do it's me
When was your application complete? and did you email them to get that information

3.66 sgpa, 3.65 ogpa and 21TS 21AA 25PAT. should have heard from them, my stats are decently well suited for their averages
I understand your frustration and certainly hope that you'll get an invite soon. However, it must be noted that schools don't automatically send out invites to applicants who are above a GPA/DAT cut-off. My GPA is similar to yours, I have a 24AA and my secondary was sent the 1st week of July. I got many invites from schools that are much more competitive, but nothing from UNE. About a month ago I emailed them and got a response saying that my app is "under continued review" and that "if the status of your application changes you will hear from us through email." I have no idea what kind of formula they use in their decision-making process, but for sure number is not everything. Don't lose hope though. Again, as you already know your stats are decent and I am sure you will get in somewhere at the end. Good luck! :)

Interview invite on 11/1 for 11/17!

Reactions: 1 users
I understand your frustration and certainly hope that you'll get an invite soon. However, it must be noted that schools don't automatically send out invites to applicants who are above a GPA/DAT cut-off. My GPA is similar to yours, I have a 24AA and my secondary was sent the 1st week of July. I got many invites from schools that are much more competitive, but nothing from UNE. About a month ago I emailed them and got a response saying that my app is "under continued review" and that "if the status of your application changes you will hear from us through email." I have no idea what kind of formula they use in their decision-making process, but for sure number is not everything. Don't lose hope though. Again, as you already know your stats are decent and I am sure you will get in somewhere at the end. Good luck! :)

Its good to hear someone else is in my boat. I just expected more because I have a connection to the area, but I think they are looking for a very specific student. (and of course northern new englanders)

Yay! Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Stats: 3.2 oGPA, 3.1 sGPA, 21 AA 21 TS 21 PAT

I know that my stats are definitely not competitive so I was pleasantly surprised to get an interview. I think what helped me in my case was that I have a lot of volunteer/leadership experience and I made sure to be thorough with my answers to the supplemental questions.