clubwestpua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find one for Maryland so here I start. :D

This one is my first choice.

Best wishes to all!! :luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes!! Can't wait to hear back from them! Good luck everyone!:luck:

I heard back from them today, My application is processed and it's passed to adcom for decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything yet :/

how did they respond to you? by email?
I haven't heard back from them =/

I haven't heard back from Maryland other than an automated message confirming payment of application fee back in June.

I haven't heard back yet either. For those who have gotten an email, when did you guys have your whole application completed and submitted..if you don't mind me asking :)

Also, if we don't have a committee letter, they require at least a letter from a biology professor and a letter from a chemistry professor, right? I just want to double-check what was stated on their site. I have letters from a biology professor and two biochemistry professors (I hope that counts for chemistry).

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I still havent received anything :(

Anyone know how OOS friendly Maryland. I know it says they give preference to residents but do you have to have awesome stats as an OOS applicant to apply here?

Anyone know how OOS friendly Maryland. I know it says they give preference to residents but do you have to have awesome stats as an OOS applicant to apply here?

All i know is that generally they are not very OOS friendly and give preference to Maryland residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I got an email today from the school confirming that my application has been processed and that my file has been forwarded to the Committee for review! :) :xf:

Update: I got an email today from the school confirming that my application has been processed and that my file has been forwarded to the Committee for review! :) :xf:

Same here! About time lol.

I got the email twice. once yesterday and another time today.

kind of odd but has happened to me with another school also.

RustyScupper, I believe you made the first batch then.. when did your AADSAS go out. Mine did June17th and is first batch to my understanding.
;)

In terms of the supplemental, is it like nyu or vcu where only those selected for an interview receive it? Or do they send it to qualified applicants after an initial review and then review again after the supplemental to see who will be interviewed? Thank you. and I also got the "application received" email today.

In terms of the supplemental, is it like nyu or vcu where only those selected for an interview receive it? Or do they send it to qualified applicants after an initial review and then review again after the supplemental to see who will be interviewed? Thank you. and I also got the "application received" email today.

Only those selected recieve a supp.

Received an email July 10th HOLD FOR DAT SCORES. However they have made a preliminary review and said that once my scores go up they will be forwarded to the adcom for review. Note to others in case you were wondering, the email specifically states that they do not accept unofficial scores and to not send them. I took (wrote for any Canadian sdners) my DAT 7/6, so I'm hoping those will be sent within the next week or two. My committee letter was just uploaded and sent today as well.

Good luck everybody, this is my #1 choice as an MD resident.

It took awhile to hear back, but I was e-mailed July 10th that my AADSAS app had been processed and forwarded to the committee for review.

Best wishes to all those applying!

This thread makes me feel old, but I'm still happy to answer any questions about the school. I graduated in 2012.

What did you think Maryland's greatest strength(s) as a Dental school were?

App mailed and $85.00 fee paid on 7/5. Got an Auto email from them on 7/11 saying that my app has been received and is being processed. So far, that's all.

@pearliwhites-- how do you know which batch you made it into? I got my e-mail confirming the app has been received and submitted to Admissions the same day as yours.

Sorry for the late reply! Well, I e-submitted my AADSAS app June 13th, but anyone who e-submitted around then or before should have made first batch. First batch for this cycle, for those whose applications were e-submitted and GPA verified early enough, was June 28th. You can check on AADSAS to see what date your application was mailed out. Then each following Friday would be 2nd, 3rd, etc. I'm not too sure if they sent any out July 5th because of the holiday..But like someone said earlier, you probably were in first batch if you received the email on the same day as me! Best of luck! :)

I got the email twice. once yesterday and another time today.

kind of odd but has happened to me with another school also.

RustyScupper, I believe you made the first batch then.. when did your AADSAS go out. Mine did June17th and is first batch to my understanding.
;)
Well I think I completed my AADSAS on the 5th but my committee letter wasn't submitted until 6/17 so I guess that would be when my app was considered "complete." AADSAS says the app didn't get mailed until 6/28 though. Oh well, still very early =)
This is my second year applying though so I just wanted to make sure everything was in as early as possible!

Got an email saying Maryland has received my AADSAS application and will be processed for review!

paymaant- Since you got your email today saying UMD has received the app, what day did your AADSAS say your app mailed? Thanks!

Wow that is fast. AADSAS says they mailed mine on June 18th and I haven't gotten an email from Maryland saying they received it like people on here are getting. Is anyone else in this boat or should I freak out?

Wow that is fast. AADSAS says they mailed mine on June 18th and I haven't gotten an email from Maryland saying they received it like people on here are getting. Is anyone else in this boat or should I freak out?

there was never a mailing on june 18... check your spam folder

Ok on June 18th, I got the AADSAS email saying that my application was verified and will be mailed to my schools within 2 weeks. That's the last I got from the AADSAS. How do I know when it was mailed?

Ok on June 18th, I got the AADSAS email saying that my application was verified and will be mailed to my schools within 2 weeks. That's the last I got from the AADSAS. How do I know when it was mailed?

Click on "Dental School Designations" near the right side of your screen when viewing the AADSAS application.

Got it thanks! Mailed on June 28th to MD. No email yet accept for confirming my payment of $85.00 when I e-submitted. Is anyone else at this stage?

Well I think I completed my AADSAS on the 5th but my committee letter wasn't submitted until 6/17 so I guess that would be when my app was considered "complete." AADSAS says the app didn't get mailed until 6/28 though. Oh well, still very early =)
This is my second year applying though so I just wanted to make sure everything was in as early as possible!

No worries, rustyscupper! You were in first batch then! I understand how you feel though. I'm a re-applicant for this cycle as well :oops:

Has anyone here NOT gotten the email from MD saying they got the application? My app went out June 28th, and I haven't gotten an email and I'm starting to freak out

Has anyone here NOT gotten the email from MD saying they got the application? My app went out June 28th, and I haven't gotten an email and I'm starting to freak out

I think it might be worth looking into. I was also a first-batcher (June 28th) and paid the MYD fee weeks before that. Here is the e-mail I recieved July 10th:

Dear El Dentistador:

Your application has been processed and your admissions file has been forwarded to the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions for review.

Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we respectfully request that you do not contact our office to check on the status of your application at this time. Our office will contact you if additional information is required.

Sincerely,

The Office of Admissions
University of Maryland School of Dentistry

Thank you El Dentistador. I ended up emailing them to find out and they have it. Don't know why I didn't get th email.

I suppose it might have fallen through the cracks. With so many applications to process it is bound to happen. Anyways, I am glad to hear. I bet that it is big weight off your mind! I had to do the same today for MUSouthCarolina. :)

I hear the school is great from an oral surgeon friend of mine who went there for his general denstistry degree. I shadowed a different general for a few months who also told me he loved it although he did mention that he got held up via gun point....Twice..

this was 15 years ago though, Does anybody have a more recent evaluation of the surrounding town?

Thanks
:D

Although crime rate in Baltimore has significantly dropped compared to 15 years ago, it is still much higher than the national average.